Pimax Day 2 Information Compilation Megathread. All Information from Stream in Textform

As an original 8K bundle backer I pledged $846.00 two years ago to get an 8K HMD with a pair of base stations and controller. As of now, I have only received a downgraded 5K+ HMD and a virtual $100 coupon that I reluctantly agreed to after they failed to deliver on the 8K as promised. With no base stations or controllers the headset is unplayable. For 8 months now I’ve been waiting for those items to arrive so I can use the 5K+ HMD. So now they want me to give up the bundled controllers/base stations and promised stretch goals and then pay them an additional $649 for an 8K that works plus $479 for the bundled controllers I already bought in the first place and never delivered. Basically they want me to pay them an additional $1128 on top of the $846 I sent 2 years ago. Thats $2000 I will have spent to get that 8K w/controllers that I originally wanted. Oh and no promised ship dates still. I don’t get it, how is this a fair deal? Two years of waiting and all I got for my $846 pledge is an unplayable subpar 5K+ HMD and a lot of empty promises. You know if PiMax were headquartered here in the US they would have been slapped with a class action lawsuit by now.

7 Likes

Waiting for them to fix the prescription lens link. Really hope there a company that can do this

@generic you deserve a medal, thanks for this. :smile:

3 Likes

At this point, with how long things have been delayed, how many kickstarter promises they look to be breaking, and that confusing array of offers, the plan I want is a full refund.

I think it’s a bit too late for refund, if it was possible even in the first place.

This is from another thread where someone was asking about coupons:

Is this not an official response or are we waiting for an announcement that clearly states that the $100 8k to 5k downgrade voucher can only be used for the 8k+ or 8kx?

I am. I’m positive they’ll have to reconsider.

1 Like

I would like to buy the 8kX but until I don’t receive my base stations, controllers and eyetracking (plus other goals), I won’t do it. We don’t know how long Pimax can do the same than before. Not more patience here. First what you promised later maybe I buy again.
When are they going to ask backers for the controllers (index) and the eyetracking payment?

1 Like

Still no stl file, no way to purchase the index controllers update, and now some weird “make up the difference “ thing appears in the store …

@SweViver @PimaxUSA. What on earth is going on? It’s been two days since the stream, and this still isn’t sorted … come on!

Yeah, they also added a deluxe vs regular mas option which weren’t discussed at all! What is the difference between the two and why do we have to pay extra for that on the 8k+ and 8kX which are already expensive, high-end headsets?

They didn’t even talk about if the 8kX could use a 2m extension in upscalar mode or reduced fov mode, dropped the bombshell that the 8kX can’t work with wireless but again neglected to mention if in upscalar or reduced fov mode, still in limbo about 90hz native mode on the 8kX, so many of us can’t make a purchase decision until we have these answers!

Talk about a mess!!!

Anyone know if 8KX includes the VR Comfort kit?

Yup. Comfort kit included.

3 Likes

Great friend, thanks!

Now only the controller plan is left. I think we can available in the store these two days. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

if we could have that “I Think” to it will i’d be very appreciative. so will other backers and a set time itll be up eg 10pm est

have the prices here been adjusted to include the additional backer discount of $100 for 8kx and $50 for 8k+?

@pimaxusa @sweviver

Dears, according to the information we received during the Pimax Day events, the hand tracking module should start shipping tomorrow - is Pimax still on track ?

1 Like

:joy:

Ooof !! :disappointed:

“May begin” just sounds like… guess a date, yours is as good as mine…

Anecdotally I am expecting a number of deliveries from Indiegogo campaigns which all (!) have been delayed so far, including a Philips LED projector one where I felt that this being released via Indiegogo was just a guerilla marketing approach and they’d have it on their shelves just like all other products. Turns out they either take their appearance factor to new heights and pretend the have last minute QA issues, or really did it differently. Today I was being told that the deliveries should be completed by Chinese New Year. Lumi and others have postponed their “certain to arrive before Xmas” deliveries too - good thing all of this stuff is for my own use and I didn’t plan to gift-wrap it for somebody else in a week…

1 Like