Meetup backer questions

Guys
It wouldn’t hurt to check the starting post before coming up with new suggestions for “question a Pimax engineer could answer after the M2 Demo run”

1 Like

I would want to know if the engineers think it’s possible to redesign the lens to get more than 50% panel usage? It seems just such a waste right now. However I don’t know if this is even possible given the current panel dimensions.

2 Likes

Where did you find it is only 50%?

3 Likes

I disagree on that one since the deluxe head band is fantasy as of yet, probably it’s gonna be great though. But there’s more to comfort than the strap, also how both parts play together. The Go despite me sending it back was surprisingly comfy for a simple strap HMD. So it’s interesting to know whether the 8k is still gonna be fun out of the box until better straps are provided. or if we rely on 3rd party solutions meanwhile.

1 Like

Yeah where do you get “50%” from…?

1 Like

Well I am basing this on the 4k. While the headset is comfortable (even the v2 was decent). Elastic is a nuisance I found at the best of times. But could likely be made less of one wearing a welding beanie.

But yeah until the deluxe head band is made it is speculation. But I am sure they have examined systems out there(or at least hopefully).

2 Likes

Pimax is going to spend a chunk of change posting all the stretch goal accessory’s and controllers separately.

1 Like

Maybe. Iirc, they charged me an extra $40 for shipping the lighthouse, so if they ship the accessories at the same time, it probably won’t cost them anything extra.

2 Likes

Despite the emergence of new technologies and competing products, I would like to be able to ship to pimax’s planned schedule.
so,
I wonder when the first delivery will start.
@deletedpimaxrep1 I am ready to receive. Just throw it at any time.

1 Like

Will the Pimax 8K be compatible with the RTX2080’s new Virtuallink port?

Will the new HTC Vive wireless module work with the Pimax 8K?

No. (20 characters…)

Elite Dangerous Elite Dangerous and… Elite Dangerous. Would kill for a spacetrip @ ifa.

1 Like

Will the meeting be live streamed? The Q&A session for example…

Are you using RTX2080?
Please describe test machine, give frame rates and reprojection rate too.

The RTX 2080 won’t be on the market yet next week.

1 Like

Maybe Pimax have some friends at Nvidia :slight_smile:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/comments?cursor=18192386#comment-18192385

Q: Can you answer what means in practice that NVIDIA is one of your partners ?
A: Yes, Nvidia is one of our partners.

edit: don’t know why adding the link embedded a video.

1 Like

Guess 8k will only be based on the 10xx generation 20xx could be a nice effort for 8K X. But it’ll be a good power up for more fps in several applications using 8k. Hope the pimax gets an adaptor for the display link.

2 Likes

What chip do you use for bridge and upscaler?

8K will benefit a lot from the 20XX gpus, not only in terms of better performance. Pimax team is very excited about the upcoming generation and they have good reasons to do so :wink:

Having that said, I dont think VirtualLink will improve the Pimax 8K in any way. The current m-versions of the 8K have already now a quite thin single cord almost all the way to the PC where it spits in USB, DP and external power.

12 Likes