Meetup backer questions

@deletedpimaxrep1 - One simple question. Are you on pace to start deliver headsets to backers before Christmas? I already bought my 1080Ti long ago expecting delivery closer closer to the original timeline, is it time yet to clear my VR space and mount the shelves and cord retraction wires on the ceiling?

1 Like

Be careful with any overhead system unless we can easily buy replacement cables ( they easily twist and break ) even though I use a program called turn signal , even then they soon get knackered

1 Like

Is Brainwarp working?

If so, jow much impact does it have on reducing GPU workload?

If not, why not? When will it be implemented?

1 Like

Is lighthouse tracking v2 well implemented?
Any updates of on the controllers?
How many accessories can we plug in the HMD? (fans, leap motion etc…)

What is the length of the cable between the headset and the pc connections ?

Will the additional 10 meter cable be tested ?

3 Likes

Availability of spare cables

1 Like

The Berlin meeting next weekend will have a LIVESTREAM! YES!! HL3 confirmed! uhh i mean Livestream confirmed!!

Q: Will you set up a live video stream any time during those days for those not attending ?

Pimax 8K VR
Yes, will be live stream for those cannot attend.

Edit:
Well, maybe only done by some of the YouTubers and not done by Pimax themselves? im not sure now:

Pimax 8K VR
@Jan The testers will do live stream for those who cannot attend.

6 Likes

I would really like some information on the microphone in the HMD and it’s audio quality. I’m not sure how to get that at the meetup, but I’m sure we would all like some more information / impressions.

4 Likes

It would be nice to hear if anyone has used it with VoiceAttack and how well it works vs the Rift or Vive mic’s.

2 Likes

not sure if this has been added but please check out the 170 fov mode

If 200 diagonal is 170 horizontal
And how much horizontal degree which be used for 170 fov mode?

Aspect ratio would change…

@bubbleball, you can use this handy FOV calculator, to get a rough estimate: Field of view calculator - fov calc for HMDs

Assuming the aspect ratio remains the same (16:9), a 170° diagonal FOV yields a diagonal FOV of approximately 128° and a vertical of 112°.

2 Likes

Vive Pro is about 110 H and 110 V

Pimax said in one of the last updates

“Now we have the new equipment that supports 190 FOV test, it definitely will help the engineers to test and correct the distortions at the edge, the accuracy will be largely improved.”

@SweViver, @mixedrealityTV , @VoodooDE , @Cdaked this corrections are only made by software ?

You test the headsets with this new corrections? Or you will only try on the m2 meeting?

We know now that the headset has 200 diagonal and 170 horizontal and pimax can fix 190 diagonal or 161 fov horizontal.

Can you answer this questions in the meeting?

1- The vertical fov is also distorted?

2- The distortion that all people are talking about its only in edges? and how is the distortion?

3- This distortions are so bad that people cant forget?

4 - How much fov is the sweet spot in 8k/5k?

5 - The 8k SDE in M2 is better than vive pro?

6- The 8k resolution / clarity is better than vive pro?

7- Pimax fixed the world movement problem?

8 - The 5k SDE is at least the same that lenovo explorer?

9 - The 5k Resolution / clarity is better than lenovo explorer?

10 - How much better perfomance the 5k comparably to 8k.

11- Glasses users can use the 5k/8k without the lens frame? (important)

12 - How are the god rays and glare in pimax 5k/8k? like rift, vive or lenovo? or pimax managed to remove the godrays?

Thanks

4 Likes

Hello, can you tell me if pimax makes an inquiry via e-mail, if the backers want their m2 before the software is done?

Atm we need to wait at least until the first meet & see how things proceed from there.

3 Likes

testers don’t be res-cist and please give the 5k a good session too.

3 Likes

I have already spoked to Pimax team about the 5K and Im very curious about how it performs compared to 8K. I really hope we will get the 5K testing units to test in-depth, not only at the meetup…

4 Likes

I suspect that 190 fov tool for solve the distortion is diagonal or horizontal fov?