Meetup backer questions

Q1 do you have the very same distortion problem on the 5k compared to the 8k?
Q2 how can you even manage a distortion correctly via the image when the scaler algorithm is not simply addding a mean value?
Q3 how does the image correction and remaining distortion affect readability of text, can you show me a desktop viewer and a document to read on the 8k?
Q4 can I have that same demo on the 5k please?
Q5 will I be able to swap distortion correction settings via a hot key?
:
Q10 can I have a drink?
Q11 where is the toilet?
:blush:

7 Likes

I just went back and reread the kickstarter updates. It discusses choosing to receive the 8k before the software and UX is ready.

2 Likes

I will check that with the crew. Not sure if 5K will be present at the meetup, but I hope so as I never tested it before :slight_smile:

The distortion correction is made with some new hardware optical equipment they recently got, as far as I know. No idea how that works but I could ask…

Image correction does of course affect readability but only in the peripherals. The text readability in center vision is mostly depending on the panel resolution and SDE. Improved optics can make slight difference, but not much I think.
I hope we will be able to show Virtual Desktop or similar at the meeting. Lets see about that…

I hope the 5K will be at the meetup as well. But I dont have any information about it yet.

Most likely not. At least a reboot of the software will be required. I assume. Same for FOV changes which cannot be made “properly” with a hot key only in-game. This is mainly because rendering cant change in SteamVR in.game. Same as supersampling. You cant change SteamVR supersampling in-game.

7 Likes

Thx for the reply, very much appreciated

Q2 was actually not about how they measure distortion correctly but how it’s even possible to fix via corrected output signal when that will be scaled in a rather unpredictable way. Fear is only halfway possible or lengthy delays in image analysis or very simple scaling that has it’s own drawbacks…

1 Like

Dear @deletedpimaxrep1 and the pimax-team, will there be asw (oculus: asynchronous space warp), as was previously claimed up to a certain point in time?

3 Likes

My question: What is the binocular overlap?

RoadToVR Artical on Binocular overlap.

1 Like

Will the Pimax Wireless Adapter work with the Vive?

1 Like

Hard to say as it’s 3rd party add on… Guessing probably not.

Did I miss any information about time and location of the Berlin meetup?

2 Likes

…and has anyone received a confirmation mail?

2 Likes

We’re still in “this week” gents :slight_smile:

1 Like

does the pimax 8k profit from the rtx technology?

I’m interested specifically in the binocular overlap of the 8k, if that was not clear.

2 Likes

No one is addressing comfort!
For every step up in resolution, these hmd’s take a serious step backwards in regard to comfort, imho. How long can you wear this before you need to take it off?

Is it more or less comfortable than the Odyssey?
The Odyssey requires that we add a strap to bring the bottom of the headset closer to our cheeks to stop the light bleed; does the Pimax have a similar problem where the hinge/mount will not allow it to sit properly on our faces? Will I need another forehead pad?

How is the comfort compared to The Pro?
I find my Pro not only uncomfortable but it’s not very stable on my head: how does the Pimax hold as far as moving around? Is the headstrap as badly engineered as it was on the Pro? -the rigid strap is so wide that the headphones won’t even sit on our ears properly!

Thanks!

1 Like

…and to make sure there is no room left for misinterpretation: “How much?”. :7

2 Likes

Actually it’s about questions that may get answered during the M2 testing meet ups.
That’s the context as I understood it .

Comfort should be self explaining and an individual thing.

1 Like

Not only that; but at present it’s cloth strap. No sense comparing to headsets that are using “humanized” head band until we see pimax’s deluxe head band. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Can somebody check the quality of the LCD screen…so, Brightness, Contrast, Colours, possible smearing, etc

Can also somebody check the difference between the 170 and the 200 FOV mode.

2 Likes

…Polarization effects: Do colours/lumiance shift, away from the centre? Is lighting even: Can one see the lit edge as a bright strip, and does lumiance fall off, away from it?

1 Like