Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

8K plus is 1440p upscaled, 8KX is full 4Kx2 res
8K plus uses same panel as 8KX which is better than original 8K

1 Like

Ok but 8k plus vs 8k standard is the best? Or not? And what is 15% plus?

I really hope they haven’t forgotten about the promise to pre-order customers regarding the rigid audiostrap. In a post during the pre-order phase we were told we would also be getting the rigid audiostrap for free (no extra cost), but they didn’t mention that here.

Also, I added 159$ to my 5K+ pre-order for the hand-tracking module as I was told it wouldn’t be sold seperately. I’m fine with it actually being sold seperately (why wouldn’t they?), but I’m really hoping they haven’t forgotten that I’ve aldready paid :wink:

4 Likes

8K+ should be quite a bit better clarity and less screen door

WILL NOT BE FREE for backers because it turned out to be too expensive. Requesting Beta testers.

13 Likes

Want to hear exactly what lies behind the supposed increased screen utilisation… Assuming physically smaller display panels.

1 Like

Yes! this was a special for people who pre-ordered the sets. Why is this not being mentioned ever? @PimaxUSA and @SweViver ?

2 Likes

Quite disappointing that they have said nothing about dynamic distortion correction.

7 Likes

So right now there is nothing for us…

I think I’ll come back when the gullible sheep stop spamming the forum with undue excitement so we can have a proper discussion

1 Like

@SweViver stream down!!!

Ok thanks. But what is 15% panel more utilization?

1 Like

They haven’t explained it. But in theory, the more panel they utilize the better the perceived resolution.

4 Likes

Stream down …
Looks like everything is coming in December.

1 Like

$199 for backers for the eye tracking module? That was supposed to be one of the stretch goal freebies

11 Likes

What the hell? At first they said that, that damned eye-tracking is free for backers as part of the rewards…now we have to pay for it??? What kind of bs is this…

12 Likes

I missed something; Why is there a ‘price’ for the eye tracking for backers?

16 Likes

Wait … yeah … the eye tracking isn’t free???

3 Likes

I actually asked about it earlier today… :wink:

2 Likes

Ah, thinking about it, I think it must mean that the new panels are 10-15% smaller and thus are better suited for the currently used lenses, thus offering higher panel utilization.

I still feel it’s a big bummer though that they didn’t improve the lenses. Not sure if I’m interested in a new HMD with just better resolution/colours but with the same distortion.

4 Likes

Stream is down…Do they know?

2 Likes