Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

Looks nice but it seems to miss the option to move the location of the speakers.

4 Likes

seem s a good distance from ears

3 Likes

Yeah, might be too much and since people are different, I wonder why they didn’t make it adjustable.

2 Likes

There is nothing covering your ears, but the sound is amazing. Good bass. If I understand correctly, the circle things are the speakers. They will be above your ears (not over them)

Most people will love the default speakers but will even have higher end speakers available to swap in.

Backers get this free (if I understand correctly) … the price is for people who buy separately.

9 Likes

Would be nice if the connectors were compatible with the Index speakers…

2 Likes

Was this not a part of the free upgrade path? Why are we paying it and paying more for proper earphones?

1 Like

Where is the update on wireless?

1 Like

Speakers are included free with the strap.

1 Like

Lol good one, I meant proper audio

I’m impressed with the progress

8 Likes

My first thought too… what if these are not over my ears? Or my kids’ ears?

Well, do keep in mind that nothing that has been shown is actually ready and most ship dates are planned for December. That’s something we heard before. Just saying.

9 Likes

From what I understand, they won’t be over your ears, but above them.

1 Like

Interesting… I wonder how positional audio will work… that usually relies on HRTF which needs the source to be centered at your ear canal.

5 Likes

Excuse me, someone clarifies my ideas. 8k plus and basestations with index controllers, can they be ordered immediately? And above all, what is the difference between 8k plus and 8k? Please explain to me.

So everyone can hear what your playing? Surround sound can’t work as well and won’t be immersive

1 Like

Not sure either. Pretty unique design if it really is like that. Should be great for immersion if it works good since nothing in or over your ears.

8k+ better lcd panels

Yeah, they’re getting warmed up it seems. More conversational and natural.

1 Like