Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

If I were you I would just sell the HMD.

So they are going to charge non backer $150 over the “off the shelf” version??? Haha nope

2 Likes

Never met eye trackers on Ali. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I buy yours if you buy mine

2 Likes

Well if it would solve the distortion it would be a no-brainer, at least for me.

4 Likes

So what’s everyone’s review of Pimax day out of 10?

2 Likes

Not interested in the Foveated rendering Pimax is promising?

2 Likes

I really tried and I think a tiny bit I can tell… but not while actually playing. But I also don’t see any distortions so different eyes different experiences.

3 Likes

3 and 20 characters :slight_smile:

1 Like

IS it a breach of TOS for not supplying the eye tracking for free, as stated on the kickstarter? And, if that were to be true, where would that leave us?

8 Likes

1 if 10 is the highest i am very dissapointed atm

1 Like

I will have to, now. Now waiting for those upgrade discounts.I imagine this might be the make up by Pimax for the “eyetracking issue” , kind of.

1 Like

Sure that too would be nice :slight_smile: But not sure if I’d be willing to pay $300 for just foveated rendering. Keep in mind that this is only foveated distortion rendering. Not the game rendering pass (which would need the game to support it). So fps gain will be quite limited I think.

1 Like

You bet, mine has a piece a “something” inserted in the screen on the upper right lens, I’m used to it and doesn’t annoy much, but I know that would lower the sale price inmensely. Also after two cables I still get tiny bright dots popping from time to time on the screen, their quality is awful. At this point I may open a ticket to get these issues fixed, send it back and hopefully ask them if I can trade the 8k for 8k+ with some money in between.

2 Likes

I mean thats great for you but there are a whole bunch of folks who arent that lucky. No one is interested in a cracked headset.

3 Likes

Missed the last 20-30 mins but thanks @glassy99 for covering it here :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

wireless, eye tracking (htc vive pro) or resolution 4k (wmr hp, acer)

Maybe. But it comes down to they should have made it $100 off coupon for Eyetracking. As they are committed.

Bad enough they’ve screwed up controller release by saying not doing a sense version of each. And now no nonsense even until maybe March?

No pimax has to maybe suckup some of their over zealous promisings.

8 Likes

of course they aren’t but you could sell it for less and the next buyer can do that calculation if they wanted if they don’t mind it being cracked. Have you looked on the stuff people sell on ebay? If I were you though, I would just keeping pushing pimax to replace it via warranty then upgrade and sell it through ebay.

2 Likes

No but possibly offering it below cost ain’t too shabby.