How worried are you about 75hz?

I don’t disagree with this at all. Perhaps you misinterpreted my original statement.

For me I’m definitely concern.
Not only about the 75hertz. I didn’t like in the beginning of the campaign that a lot of us had to harass them about the resolution to finally discover that the 4k was not native. That it was upscale.
About the refresh rate a lot of people that have tried fruit ninja reported some choppy effect. We have thought that it was maybe the laptop, but finally even on a desktop it’s the same problem, so they finally admit that they are running all demo at 75hz… After lying or denying the truth as they did with a couple of things now.
About the brainwarp, we still didn’t saw anything, is it working? Will it add some bad effect? We really don’t know anything except the theory. And to date a lot of theory are falling.

About the shipment they initially said December, a lot of us had doubts but they confirmed a lot of times, now they talk about January sometimes February, they said that the controllers will not add delay but on others post they said that it can take more time than February for the controllers. I am one of those who prefer to wait and have a very nice finished product but I’m still concern about the credibility of their words on it.

About others game experience than fruit ninja or some simple video we had to harass them again on forums or kickstarter to have something natural and simple to do. We still don’t know the reason behind. Again we accept a lot of their answers because ’ they are a small company’ but you don’t have to be a very huge company to do some video, to be trustworthy, to understand under promise and over give etc…

About the screen we don’t know anything yet even the refresh rate and I read that they will have many manufacturers with maybe different quality… Don’t know if it’s true it was the testers of v3 who reported that but again something scary.

About revive? We don’t know.
About the 80% of the screen being used we don’t know if they will achieve to make it 100%.
About the strap we all see video of it on ’ v3 but they consciously decide to put the simple strap for the demo… Why? I think that it’s not ready.
About ipd adjustment, the v3 bring it but it seems that it’s not working great for the moment, and for the moment we can’t use anymore glasses in the v3 because there is no left space anymore.
And I’m sure that I have other concern…

I’m an 8k early bird, I really wanted to trust them so bad, even now I’m still hesitating despite all my concerns… I was so happy to read some great v2 review, I thought that we were on right tracks, but this v3 ipd, left space, refresh rate, no strap etc… Have bring me finally more concerns.
And a lot of new York testers have said that after seeing v2 or v3 they are not backing anymore or they finally don’t know anymore.

Sorry for the long post I had to share my concerns, usually I don’t do long post.
Sorry for my English it’s not my native language, and I will be more than happy if someone can help me to erase all those concerns.
Because I wanted to trust Pimax so bad.

5 Likes

If they do not commit to both the HMD and the screens working at 90Hz real, and already, that the eye tracking module can be used along with the eyeglasses module, I’m sure I’ll retire.

I think most (or all) users of the web where I collaborate will do the same, almost certainly they will do with the subject of the screens.

Pimax CEO has stated that ships will operate in the range of 75-90 FPS. He then added that it would depend on where the screens are sourced from, adding that the quality can vary manufacturer to manufacturer.

A total lack of seriousness.

And I know the problems of those who had Pimax 4K.

This is for @PimaxVR @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu too.

3 Likes

I’m going to be pretty upset if the headset isn’t running at 90hz when shipped.

No display 90 Hz , no party.

2 Likes

Nope checkout Drvr4vr & youtube. You will see roomscale

If that really is the word from Robin himself, then Pimax, please take this to heart.

1. If 75hz to 90hz isnt feasible on all units then please Enable a 60hz mode with brainwarp reprojection to reach 120hz. Make this your baseline (MINIMUM BAR) for quality.

2. Based on the video showing your supersampling settings, and the HZ you are able to hit, if you could enable 4k 4:2:0 60hz as an option, your HMD could have smooth FPS and Resolution.

1 Like

Thats just it they didn’t cut the refresh at all. 75 is advertised. 90 is the max & you read they have up 82 to 85.

Now if they had been demoing brainwarp making 45hz 90 then there would be something to complain about

You do know rift/vive are not always true 90hz.

No they revealed that before the kickstsrter launch. Sure it was a couple of days. But it was before launch

Robin did say 60hz with brainwarp supported

1 Like

So why not run it at that mode in demo’s? @PimaxVR

If 60hz works, we should get 4k with chroma subsampling as an option. The chip can handle 4k 50hz, with 4:2:0 they could easily squeeze the needed bandwidth for 10 more hz

Atm brainwarp not being demoed.

Do you think they will enable 4k 4:2:0 60hz as a mode for brainwarp?

@pimaxvr @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @bacon

It’s not for one or two hzs; it’s for playing Heads or Tails with quality and manufacturers.

that is an odd quote you posted, about the manufacturers. Where did it come from?

1 Like

5 to 8 in current v3 prototype.

The end of the campaign is Friday, I don’t see why the prototype needs to be perfect by then. It’s a prototype, with at least two more prototypes on the way, and the final device isn’t promised to start shipping until some time in January (probably the end of January) for the first orders. Now, maybe it’ll end up being delayed a month or two, that’s fine, I’d rather that than get a rushed half-assed project. Some Kickstarter projects have been just totally ruined because of a rush to meet the deadline rather than announce a delay of a few months.

2 Likes

Thanks,we will set this as the Plan B, but currently we will try our best to optimize the fresh rate.

I saw here, in this blog, but i don’t remember where. But it had this link:

Squiguken was de guy, here is the post, or another post equal.

1 Like

But Pimax CEO is saying that the speed of the screens in the final version will depend on the manufacturer of the screens, and that the customers could have them with 90 or not. Heads and Tails. 90? 60? who knows? It’s a lottery?

How many other things are a game of Heads and Tails in the final version?

1 Like