How will we receive HL: Alyx?

I want to know to, how i will receive the key to half life because i didnt receive yet the plan f and i did two months ago the order. if i will receive only in one month how i will receive the key?

1 Like

Next answer from Steam:

“They are responsible of providing you with an activation code to proceed.”
@PimaxQuorra

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 Like

Should give Steam a screenshot showing Valve is taking care of deploying their promotion as several users have had it issued by Steam Support. Looks like Valve’s internal communication is broken.

@PimaxUSA have you gotten this straighten out with Valve yet?

2 Likes

He appears to be online so hopefully he will respond soon on this issue as he assured it would be no problem in receiving.

1 Like

If only there has been ample warning and time to sort this out prior to launch…

3 Likes

totally agree – this is typical for Pimax though … what a damn mess!

1 Like

Yes and no. Seems Valve said yes. And PimaxUSA went with that ignoring concerns this could happen.

If I was personally giving something; no problem. Relying on another party best not to give one’s assurance someone else will deliver it.

4 Likes

so the “Everyone who orders plan-F will get Alyx on or before release date” statement appears to be false – I’ve been try to tell people that this was going to happen because as last week drew on, it was becoming clear to me that Valve were not detecting my index controllers based upon my interaction with their support – turns out pimax indeed does have an issue with not presenting the controllers to steam properly so Valve were never going to detect any plan-f folks, or people using the index thru pi-tool and as a result not add the game to the library

2 Likes

Can we buy it now then get a credit when this mess gets sorted ?

1 Like

We need input from those whom have had steam support issue as some have said Index Controllers showed up in Hardware survey and to update firmware plugging them in via usb should indeed show the controllers to steam otherwise they wouldn’t update.

2 Likes

My reply from Vivi about Half-Life: Alyx

My Steam support ticket

Now I wait… I will edit this post with the steam response when it becomes available.

03/24 12:00PM PST. As of this morning (15 hours) I have not received a response from Steam. Still waiting…

6 Likes

Hi Microview,

Please let us know, if you redeem the game successfully.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

@microview thanks for the info about the S/N. I’ve updated my support request to include SN/s. I still haven’t gotten an initial response from Valve yet :frowning:

This is a lot of running around for something that was supposed to happen automatically.

4 Likes

Agreed and why when concerns were raised it should have been evaluated with alternative action in place (if needed) in case something didn’t go as planned.

6 Likes

That everyone who has purchased an Index controller bundle via Pimax can send a support ticket to Steam, because the compatibility of Pimax in SteamVR is and remains incomplete, can hardly be an acceptable solution. And so far no reply from Steam has mentioned that serial numbers could help.

As is well known there are currently major problems, but Pimax’s communication and preparations are quiet remarkable. With the only really interesting title included in Pimax bundles, Backers are on their own.

@PimaxQuorra
It is really amazing that direct inquiries regarding Pimax are ignored and at the same time customers are asked whether they are successful in doing Pimax’s work. This is incredibly unprofessional.

Looking forward to a professional approach. @PimaxUSA @SweViver

6 Likes

Of course they don’t have time to do any of this … they’re busy working on yet another new headset to sell us!

Well I finally got the unlock!

No thanks to Pimax - I had to do all the work to get it myself

This is bad for me as a customer, and a needless last-minute load on steam support who are having to deal with irate pimax users who did not get the game “automatically” as promised by @PimaxUSA

I would give Pimax a low net-promoter score - which essentially means I cannot recommend to anyone I know to buy a Pimax product – not because the product is bad … they’re actually quite good … but the company behind is very disorganized, continuously breaks promises and seems to have perfect aim of the shotgun at it’s own foot

4 Likes

It’s almost like this was extremely predictable…

https://community.openmr.ai/t/half-life-alyx-will-be-included-for-free-with-pimax-purchased-index-controller-upgrades/24146/16?u=brian91292

1 Like

Mar 23, 1 day and 12 hours. No response from Steam support. :face_with_monocle: