How will we receive HL: Alyx?

@microview I just received my copy of Half-Life: Alyx (had to restart steam to have it show up in library). I submitted ticket Mar 23 7am EDT (I included the S/Ns in the ticket)

4 Likes

It took them like 3-4 days to respond to my ticket. Steam’s support page has a banner that says COVID-19 has caused an influx of support tickets, so support is probably slower than normal.

2 Likes

Steam ticket opened 7 days ago with attached invoice. Serial numbers added 1.5 days ago. No luck so far.

Apart from Pimax customers, Steam will certainly not enjoy the fact that various support inquiries arrive with limited capacities, which could have been prevented by active support from Pimax. This is certainly not an advantage for quick case processing or a signal for good cooperation. Let’s hope the best.

2 Likes

This could have been prevented by Steam and Pimax Alike.

Valve said the purchases qualify. Valve’s original plan was Steam Direct purchases only. Valve could have given pimax game codes to package into Index Controller purchases.

Steam support is not in alignment as some of their Support Staff like Tony have been adding game to user’s accounts. While others don’t seem to know about pimax and redirect back to pimax to issue codes they were not given.

2 Likes

Atm Contact Steam Support with Hardwate survey, Index Serial number amd detail purchased from Pimax.

If you haven’t attach Controllers via USB amd see if Firmware update available.

So far main Star at Steam Support is Tony as he has been resolving this and issuing HL:Alyx.

1 Like

After submitting my ticket with Steam support and waiting 48 hours I am happy to say HL:A is now in my library.

5 Likes

Hi Erezz,

Please submit the ticket to Steam support, to explain you get the Index controllers from Pimax along with the serial numbers of the controllers (which are laser etched on the inner fin start with FLR and FLK).

You should attached with all these details before submitting the ticket to them.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra
Why doesn’t Pimax clarify this directly with Valve/Steam?
And why is it not sufficient to send the confirmation of purchase from Pimax to Steam support?

1 Like

Hi Bright,

We did mentioned this to Steam about the Half-Life:Alyx redemption problem from our users, but it seems like it is the support team issues. They aren’t beware of Pimax’s user could get the Index controllers too.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Hope Steam will find an efficient procedure for all Pimax user with this problem.

2 Likes

Hello folks, I would like to help you step by step how to get the HL: Alyx because I done it last night and it shows up in my library in less than 24hrs.

1. Go to Help, select Steam Support
  2. At the bottom in search, type “Alyx”
  3. Under products, pick Half-Life: Alyx
  4. Select “It’s not in my library.”
  5. In the comment section, type the following:

Hi,

Like many VR gamers, I purchased the Valve Index controllers from Pimax and was told that we all should get the FREE Alyx game that come with the controllers. Anyway, here is my controllers S/N *********** and ***********. My screen name is _____, please add the game to my library. Thanks.

6 Likes

Great advice, I’m glad this worked out quickly for you. I’m glad that I purchased the index controllers right from valve… it’s worth the wait guys. Alyx is unbelievable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/quick-update-on-half-life-alyx/26648?u=trevorvr

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.