How will we receive HL: Alyx?

Hello MrScopi,

We did contact with the Valve team, and waiting for their reply on this topic.
Once we got the answer, will come back to you immediately.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Thank you! That is a perfect example of a reasonable, understandable update. I appreciate your response. Stay healthy!

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA @SweViver Are there any updates to be had in the last week, or is this running entirely through the SH offices and still on holiday?

TYIA

4 Likes

Hello MrScopi,

We are drafting the updates right now, hopefully we can post in by this weekend.
Currently we are not working in SH office but from work due to the severe influenza, but we are already back to our position.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Anyone interested, this is the latest answer:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/plan-f-shipping-update-please/24955/127?u=mrscopi

2 Likes

Still no sign of Alyx in my library… I’m curious how valve know which steam accounts to associate the game with when we’ve not provided them to you.

1 Like

Drowhunter bought his knuckles on ebay and the game appeared in his steam library.

I don’t think valve cares where you got knuckles from - once they are paired in steamVR, steam adds the game to your account automatically. Sure that means some free copies of the game are gonna exist to those who sell their controllers, but that is very small minority of people.

2 Likes

Hi Loribee

It seems to be in Valve’s hands. @drowhunter reports he received Alyx from his Ebay purchase here.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/half-life-alyx-will-be-included-for-free-with-pimax-purchased-index-controller-upgrades/24146/43

So with that Valve is trickling out Alyx. But it will be on Valve Time. So this is positive.

Now if you haven’t updated steamVR do so as there have been some reports on reddit? Of people receiving a 2nd copy on a different accoubt/machine. After updating suggesting maybe changes in how Steam is poking/reporting hardware

4 Likes

Has anyone been able to download Half-Life Alyx ? As of this morning, it still hasn’t “shown” up in my library

[UPDATE] submitted ticket to steam with S/N on controllers. two days later they added it to my library

1 Like

You will likely need to contact Valve there seems to be issues with Alyx deployment.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/half-life-alyx-will-be-included-for-free-with-pimax-purchased-index-controller-upgrades/24146/113?u=heliosurge

1 Like

Yes @xairrick, you’ll need to talk to Valve as Pimax have no control in this situation.

1 Like

Better say steam some can try to Contact valve directly:)

1 Like

Anyone knows if… I bought the game, because I will receive my index controllers in 2 weeks, when I have it I can redeem the code and have a refund for the game?

1 Like

There is no code, but you may be able to get a refund. It’s up to Valve.

2 Likes

Does this refer to your situation?

“If you purchased an Index HMD or Index Controllers after you purchased Alyx, we’ll refund your Alyx purchase automatically after your Index order ships.”

Source:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8882-AKCV-6791

2 Likes

Reply from Steam support regarding missing HL Alyx:

“You will need to reach out to Pimax to inquire about the missing content with your purchase. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you. You can find Pimax’s customer service center here.”

Reply from Pimax support:

“Any index controller connected to steamVR should cause Half-Life Alyx to eventually appear in their library.”

Looking forward to an early solution.

3 Likes

I would not get your hopes up. If you’d like to try some experiments to get Alyx I would talk to @XabbuSwe.

Also, this is the exact situation we’ve been working to avoid for months now. It’s down to the wire and Pimax are stuck hoping users figure it out on their own, rather than taking steps early on to figure out a) if there was an issue, and b) what to do about it.

Instead, we’ve been dismissed as naysayers and trolls. I hope all Plan F people find success soon, but I’ll genuinely sorry for any that get spoiled on Alyx before it gets sorted out.

4 Likes

Issue a new support ticket it with steam; as some are having success getting Alyx issued through steam support. There seems to be a disconnect in the steam support team. Maybe even link a post here with Screenshot from steam support.

3 Likes

Simple solution as it seems controllers aren’t presented correctly to SteamVR:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-feature-requests-post-here/26363/26?u=drwilken

1 Like

Thanks, already sent a new request.

Message from Steam:

@PimaxQuorra The hardware configurations were automatically transmitted when the support request was made. Since the headset and the index controllers were connected at this point (Pitool 1.0.1.258), it is very likely that the controllers will not be recognized correctly on Steam. As already stated by @DrWilken. This would also explain the answer from Steam.

1 Like