Headset not Tracked: Tried All of the Tips I Found

@anlumo

Did you ever get resolution on this problem? What did support have to say?

I received my 8KX today and am having the same problem as you describe.

Not yet. My ticket is still in “processing” state and I haven’t heard anything from them.

Maybe post your ticket number and @Miracle might be able to take a look.

The ticket number is #7288.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue but it’s definitely an 8KX specific issue. Unplugging the 8KX and immediately plugging in my 5k+ without closing or restarting any software and the lighthouses instantly light up.

Edit: Ticket #7641

1 Like

I just moved the USB cables from the 5 port USB 3 addon card to 2 of my motherboard’s USB 3.0 ports…and tracking is fixed.

It’s repeatable. If I have the USB 3(Blue connector) cable plugged into the addon card it will not track. Plugging it directly into the motherboard fixes it over and over. The USB 2(Black connector) cable doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I’ve tried connecting it to various ports on my motherboard’s IO, it’s the same for all.

1 Like

i have exactly the same problem now… i think its broken…
@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

1 Like

Nevermind i got my fixed again.
i have been switching no alot usb ports and suddenly it came alive…
But i dont know why it happend

1 Like

On my motherboard I have to use the USB 3.1 port, red port. The 3.0 controllers usually give me issues with Pitool detecting the headset at all. I also use a USB power injector cable (two A connectors, one for data and one for power) connected to a USB power brick. Before the power injector I had issues with the headset dropping out mid play.

2 Likes

I’ve tried using a 3.1 port, doesn’t change anything.

Still no response on my ticket, do they even look at those?

They definitely look although replies are often slow. On a bright note, I’ve had 4 separate tickets ranging from issues with Pimax.com to headset issues including one that was a mistake I made and every ticket has been resolved to my satisfaction. Just be patient, they will get back to you eventually.

How long has your ticket been open?

1 Like

15 days, made it minutes after creating this forum thread.

If you don’t mind sharing, what kind/brand/spec of PC are you running the headset with?

Assuming it’s a desktop, do you specifically know the motherboard brand/model?

On another note, did you purge the following folders/files after your uninstalls of Pitool and Steam?

Pimax:
C:\Program Files\Pimax
C:\ProgramData\pimax
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Pimax
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\PiTool
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PiTool

Steam:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\openvr
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\ (Only Files Pertaining to VR)

It’s a custom built one, so I know all the specs:

• Intel i9 9900KS
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

I just went through this, uninstalled piservices, pitool and deleted all the directories you listed (expect the Steam config, nothing there looked like it was VR-related). Still no change in behavior.

Have you tried the lighthouse_watchman_update? I had your problem and fixed it with this: (case sensitive)

launch lighthouse_watchman_update.exe in the folder C:Program Files\Pimax\Runtime

command line 1:lighthouse_watchman_update.exe –bw3

Then

command line 2: lighthouse_watchman_update.exe –Bw3 0x90030006

Shutdown your computer for a few seconds and restart

That is what ultimately fixed the same issue for me. Good luck!

1 Like

Do you know if these commands are universal between the 5k and 8k(x)?

1 Like

I’m not sure. It very well could be but I’m not sure I’d risk it.