Headset not Tracked: Tried All of the Tips I Found

I ve had some tracking issues in the past week 8kx. It’s when I’m seated and iracing. Headset loses tracking and steam vr just shuts down when I put headset on or take off…not everytime though. Thought it was my accuforce wheel software…it’s. Not … still troubleshooting :+1:

1 Like

What does it do exactly?

2 Likes

Hi risa

Here you go :wink:

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\tools\lighthouse\bin\win32>lighthouse_watchman_update.exe -bw3
Version: lighthouse_watchman_update.exe (buildbot_vortex-windows_steamvr_rel_win32@vortex-windows) 06101229
HID opened: VID 28de PID 2300 serial LHR-F76DE4D5 seq 1 | if 0
Sending reset into bootloader command

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\tools\lighthouse\bin\win32>lighthouse_watchman_update.exe -Bw3 0x90030006
Version: lighthouse_watchman_update.exe (buildbot_vortex-windows_steamvr_rel_win32@vortex-windows) 06101229
HID opened: VID 28de PID 2301 serial LHR-F76DE4D5 seq 1 | if 0
Sent the set board revision command. Resetting…

Did not make my 8Kx tracking stable though :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Oh wow, these two commands and a reboot fixed it for me! Thank you so much!

btw, I finally got a response from Pimax support yesterday about a Teamviewer session during the week, just as I don’t need it any more.

In any case, this is a great catch-all thread for debugging 8KX tracking issues in the future, thanks to everyone who added suggestions!

2 Likes

I just got the same problem starting yesterday. Actually I had my headset on my desk for some time not using it so the heat theory could have some credibility. I have a ticket open and got the same list of things to try and no good. Well actually the resetting tracking using the watchman does work to appease pitools but still the base stations don’t show up in pitools or steamvr unless you pair the controllers. The system does not work properly though and steamvr has issues with the headset now saying it is not found or saying it is invalid. One other very curious thing. If I unplug my HMD and plug it in again, I have gone back to pitools complaining it can’t track it. I ran through watchman 3 times and each time the same thing happens. I tried to run some commands for the lighthouse_console with the dis and period commands per my ticket help but they didn’t show how it worked and I don’t know the proper way to type it on the command line. Hope someone knows. He did say that if the pulse_queue_overflow was not zero that would indicate a hardware problem.

I have found my headset for detection seems to be for some reason very picky about Usb port and Display port used. The other day I had to keep switching usb ports til I found the one I guess that was used before. Once I had it, tye headset detected properly. Which to me is odd behavior.

Similarly while my 8k on my 1080ti prefers top DP my 5k+ prefers a different dp to detect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.