Has anyone got the Oculus games working since recent updates, Lone Echo, etc?

Waiting for Pimax. It might take forever

Any update on this issue?

i just played lone echo for 2hrs, had some runtime error at first because i needed to install the oculus software. after a reboot it started (steamvr needs to be closed tho!)

1 Like

Yes closing steam VR worked for me + lowering the Pitool setting to 1.25 or lower .

1 Like

Oculus games Lone echo, The blu, Lucky’s, working here np, newest Pitool+FW. Much better experience than in any Steam games so far.

2 Likes

Strange :thinking:

Lucky’s tail have wrong camera height here in my setup

1 Like

It depends on floor height in the pitool room setup, I figured some 145cm is ok when sitting. I think its meant to be played standing.
3dof height was OK without any mess.

Edit. So the camera height is too low?

With 3dof it works ok, but can induce nausea after some time !

Yes, the camera is just bellow the ground. Yours is fine in 6dof ?

Wasn’t fine in 6dof, but I just redid the pitool room setup and added some floor height until it was good. As I said I think it’s good when the player is standing, so if you’re sitting in your chair the camera is too low.
Edit. That is if the floor is set to 0cm.

Did someone get the climb to work?
First i start oculus home. Then i start PiTool and the game. Then i have to close SteamVR, because this always starts???
When i close SteamVR again, i am ingame.
But the graphic is very bad (low texture).

i’m on an GTX 1080 (overclocked on water) right now and i can only get it to work with pi tool at 0.75 (in-game ss are set at 1.0)

higher then 0.75 the game crashes… i’m launching from pi tool.

it are as if the video card runs out of memory and the game crashes? (do the pimax run time miss an video memory size check??)

unfortunately the game do not look good at 0.75

second… there are no safety grid… have bumped into one table by now…

how do you other rund it with revive or from pi tool?

are there others that use an 1080 for this. (waiting for an RTX 2080 TI to arrive in a few days)

Yeah got the climb working, it just needs a tweak to graphics when you get into. See my previous post:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/has-anyone-got-the-oculus-games-working-since-recent-updates-lone-echo-etc/14539/30?u=tris

So how are we supposed to start oculus games from inside VR ? Should I use revive ?

1 Like

Some games go mad for me: Bullet Sorrow and Robo Recall. Both go crazy low FPS and stutter

Any thoughts?

Thank you Tris.
I have done everything like you.
But with PiTool 2.0 is no difference.
The graphic Looks very blurry with low Pixels and the Controller does Not really work. I have to press 10 times for one function.

Hey Robert - no, you leave pitool at 1.0

You change resolution scale to 2.00 within the game itself. Select in the main menu is down on trackpad, and back is left on trackpad, not very intuitive. You can also use an xbox controller to navigate the menus.

Managed to get the audio mirrored now for oculus games, so this is no longer an issue.

I had to switch of smoothing and brainwarp.
After that it works and looks very good.
But with my Vive Controller i can only use the trackpad for switching in the menu.
The trigger doesn´t work. So im not able to grab.
Do you have a trick how in can configure my controllers?

Hmm very weird, no the triggers work to ‘grip the climbing holds’ within the game for me. I didn’t have to configure anything except the graphics setting.

1 Like

@Robert - just tried it again. You can go into controls within the game and check/change the grip to be the triggers on the top of oculus touch controllers which are also the Vive triggers. If you hold your hands (touch controllers) up within the game menus you can see which buttons are what as they move when pressed in real time. I found by changing them to be the other ‘grip option’ it makes them do nothing so maybe you have accidentally switched them to this mode?

Anyway, just wanted to confirm.

Pitool 109, no steam, no revive, can play the climb fine (after tweaking resolution scale within game to 2.00)

Edit: full pitool settings

pitool quality 1.0
FOV normal
90hz
smart smoothing off
parallel projections off

One thing I have noticed from starting up the climb multiple times with pitool 109 is that sometimes the display gets messed up, you can hear the music/voice over from the intro but just a dark screen is shown. Just ‘alt+tab’ out and back into it once or twice and it will then appear fine. Clearly still buggy software :laughing:

2 Likes