Has anyone got the Oculus games working since recent updates, Lone Echo, etc?

Dear Tris,
thank you for your help.
I had no time to test last night.
But tonight I will try your tips.

1 Like

Steamvr starts automatically when trying to launch an oculus game from within pitool (latest 101.144.)

Maybe I need to uninstall revive? Any ideas?

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me . I am going to uninstall Steam VR and revive and see what happens.

Cool. I’ll try that too when I can.

Tried uninstalling revive but it seems oculus support is broken in this build.

The main reason is that for some reason, loading an oculus game via pitool also starts up steamvr which then closes down oculus. Argh! :wink:

There was one occasion where steamvr didn’t load and it worked fine. I didn’t have steam open either or in task bar etc.

Am I missing an option?

I don’t want to uninstall steam to be honest to get it to work. :wink:

1 Like

Pimax should just drop native oculus support and let revive handle it.

2 Likes

Curious. Does pimax work with revive? I haven’t actually tried yet. :slight_smile: maybe that’s the solution.

1 Like

Yes, it does… Or it did last time I tried… :grin:

thanks, Will try that when time. It might not be as optimal performance wise I guess but at least it works! :wink:

1 Like

Just to say… I reinstalled revive but it doesn’t show in steamvr options anymore at the bottom?

Do I have to run revive beforehand now I guess?

I recall steamvr use to have options for what apps you want to run but that’s gone too as well.

Hmm…

1 Like

Hmm. That’s weird. I’ve never had an issue like that and I use ReVive regularly to play Dirt Rally, but I’ve never played any “real” Oculus games through Oculus store. I do see the ReVive tab/icon in SteamVR dashboard though.

Are You on the latest version? Release Version 1.6.4 · LibreVR/Revive · GitHub

Yeah, very strange.

On latest version. Maybe it’s somehow disabled itself but I do recall that menu somewhere to turn on apps for steamvr but that seems to have gone. Will work it out and let you all know a solution if I do. :slight_smile:

Not so much for me. At least with the Oculus Store games I’ve tried.

1 Like

Maybe You need the “Compatible with Vive Only Games” option ticked?

Defector is out next week . I hope we can get it working on the Pimax headset.

Journey of the Gods does not work in VR, I got a message about not being able to enter VR. It doesn’t work with Revive either. I think that the Oculus SDK has something incompatible at the moment.

1 Like