Hand Tracking not working, install issues. Anyone with 5k+/xr have it working?

I will certainly not send anything back to Pimax, after that I wait 1.5 years until I get it again and pay another hundred Euros Tax!
This was my first HMD from Pimax and also the last .
I hear the same with all my friends and with my customers, Pimax is out.

2 Likes

While there are some whom have terrible experiences with RMAs. This is an area that has been improving but needs to improve to a much better level of acceptable performance without added undue expenses. Ie paying VAT for an exchanged or repaired headset. Speedy exchanges without needing excessive correspondence.

Same here!
You won’t convince me that Pimax support organisation is quite good.

• 2019 I won a Pimax 8k during a contest, I had to pay taxes because the former community manager didn’t organize it properly (according to laws, a prize is duty free if there are pre contractual informations, this idiot didn’t published it).
  • late 2019 I send back my 1st 5k+ because of housing issues, I had to wait 1 fcking month to obtain a replacement that didn’t work (no image, no sound), then 3 weeks again for Pimax to ship a working unit. Pimax claimed they solved the housing problems on 204 series and guess what? After 6 months this last unit has cracks…
  • November 2020 I ordered this Leap Motion. 3 or 4 weeks for it to be posted. Thanks to that good Pimax organization, it was shipped to Hungary… BUT I LIVE IN FRANCE!!! 2 more weeks to obtain a module that doesn’t work on my hmd. Great job!

Hell no I won’t RMA anything else. Pimax has the worst organization I’ve seen in VR world (even worst than HTC).
As I said, if Pimax or Leap Motion can’t make it working, I’ll ask my money back, including taxes I had to pay (I kept the bill) and I’ll never want to hear about Pimax again.

“After our R&D dept confirmed, please send the hand tracking module back, we will test and fix it.”

Really…

without words, very competent this company …

Refund asked, they’d better accept.

Same issue. 5K XR, 201 series. Nothing when HT connected to the HMD, but no problem connected to USB 2.0 or 3.0 on computer. File transfers to USB stick attached to HMD run at USB 1.1 speeds. Ticket opened. Not enthusiastic.

Refund will be accepted but not taxes, even when the problem is THEIR fault. That’s great for a company that wants to deal world wide…

A little advice for those who read this thread: never buy Pimax accessories. You can’t be sure it’ll work and you’ll waste custom taxes for nothing.

I have now also got a message from support that I should send the hand tracking in for repair. Absolutely unbelievable that hand tracking is not broken! They are kidding us, nobody has dealt with the problem yet.

This is a cheek.

While I can agree. One of the problems is to refund taxes they need to have collected them. Now now sure if you can apply to government to be reimburse or not. Government likely not.

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxVR @PimaxUSA. @Doman.Chen

Can you have this properly look at? It has been clearly established the issue is headset not the HT. HT works direct connected to PC. Headset usb-c ports seems to be configured for usb 1.1

1 Like

Mine is set as an usb 2.0. Anyway, the problem is this usb-c is not compatible in any way with HT.
The other problem is the ticket support team, they never read what we write or they don’t fcking care. In this last chat, I had to tell things twice again :

• I’ll apply an rma
  • I don’t want it to be replaced, I want a refund
  • If we return this hand tracking back to insepction, is it OK for you?
  • RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD

It’s ALWAYS like that, even when we explain technical problems or solutions. I told them where the issue is located but don’t care. The teamviewer technician didn’t even asked me to plug the HT directly on my PC. Any competent technician would have tried to rule out the hypothesis of a faulty HT, a Pimax technician don’t.

When the fck are they going to fire the incompetent and hire capable staff?

I am not sure which tech you had with Teamviewer. Seems maybe you had someone whom is learning. Much like when you call for Tech support for things like Internet; no matter what you tell the tech they use there que cards.

But agreed the language barrier needs to be resolved. Too much mindless circles because of it. Your request should be clear that a refund is the only thing your looking for after all the mishandling of this issue with the Headset.

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra

Pimax Support, what’s that, just received another email with questions that I have already answered.
Are there only idiots working there?
Sorry - but my patience is running out, I also have other things to do than send the same 100 times to support.
My ticket number: 12988

@PimaxQuorra

Isn’t pimax’s management really interested in how well its support staff work?
Or is it so intended to keep your customers to the task and harass them with pointless emails without solving the problem?

Language barrier is a bad excuse. We have to repeat to be understood for a yes/no question. Many times I had proofs that they don’t read our previous messages completely.
Btw the 1st skill you must ask when you hire someone for customer relationship / after sales service in a world wide company is : english fluent spoken and written.

2 years ago I defended Pimax for a whole years. There were many fails (technical, communication, etc…) and they’re still not resolved 2 years after. I admit that when a Pimax product works, it works. But when you have a problem and you need a support help, that’s worst than Jesus’ stations of the cross.

Good luck UweP, I sympathize :wink:

1 Like

Not an excuse; simply a reality. I do agree this should be by now not as much of an issue as it still seems to be.

You’d think in Canada for example that only people fluent in English(in english speaking provinces) that only fluent people would be hired. However this is often not the case with having employees that can communicate with individuals.

Of which in a manufacturing environment is not smart imho as it increases risks to health & safety and quality/procedure issues.

There are with current world situation extra challenges.

Now don’t confuse this with making excuses as much of these issues resolved by now as it has been repeated over again and again what issues are.

So with that please do not confuse this as supporting these issues still in place.

I’m not talking about manufacturing department but about public relations jobs in world wide companies (small or big companies). The only language used when you have customers all over the world is english. In France we’re not well known to be english fluent people, but fluent speaking is an obligation in job offers for this type of work, or it would be like having a community manager that doesn’t understand an english word on this forum.
As far as I remember, Pimax changed their ticket/support organization twice these 2 or 3 years and it’s always the same mess to be understood…

Speaking of Canada, I only traveled there for a week but afaik, most people speak english in french spoken provinces. Better : the administration is obliged to offer both languages (their language policy is quite strict). But it’s a bit off-topic ^^

My example is a key where when your working in another country and\or have been there for years you should be able to communicate in the local language. Can you be certain procedures are understood?

Sure I agree with international market a company needs to be communicating in what is commonly used internationally. However finding local talent in a non english dominant country can be difficult. Especially with terms like fluent.

However there are members in other countries whom are fluent and with issues like Covid many can and do work at home; though still need to find ways to have the right people train them.

As said not making an excuse as there are big issues like continuing endless requests to verify addresses over and over again and with each item ready to ship.

This Headset usb issue with the HT is imho ridiculous that they are missing the fact it has been debugged and the root is the internal hub in the headset is misconfigured. The only question with these affected units is whether or not it can be configured remotely or if it is a direct wiring issue being connected wrong.

Some very simple things are truly mind boggling why it has so much issues being resolved as somethings would be easy wins being resolved quickly. Like many issues that @Doman.Chen has resolved for others; ie remote calibration of imu.

As for Canada I have heard at times in Quebec not being friendly in some areas to english speakers; well until one of there members starts talking to them in another language other than english or french; then some find there english if they can speak it.

@PimaxQuorra

it is desperate, now I am being taught how the internal USB HUB works, they just did not understand it.

About “the internal USB HUB of the 5k + only works with USB 1.1” .
The Hand Tracking Module supports 2.0 and 3.0.It's downwards compatible.
(Support for 2.0 or 3.0 is also support for 1.1)

They don’t understand anything.
My internal USB HUB only works with USB 1.1 and that is the problem.
Is this so difficult to see?

Guarantee of 5k + (1 year) but how should it work if the hand tracking module was delivered in 1.5 years after the order?

1 Like