Hand Tracking not working, install issues. Anyone with 5k+/xr have it working?

Hold on hold on, that’s not how back compatibility works :rofl: A USB 3.0 port will allow older revisions to work on it, a USB3.0 device will likely not work (properly) on 2.0, let alone 1.1, because of bandwidth constraints. The 8kx would not have needed lots of developing and improved cables if it was back compatible with USB 1.1.
Does this mean it has been admitted the internal USB port on some devices is USB 1.1?

1 Like

@walrusio

I got this answer from support, I know what back compatibility is.

I analyzed it with USBTreeView, see here: answer #96
That’s where I see the problem, the internal USB HUB works with USB 1.1 on my 5k +

1 Like

Yes I was referring to their reply, not thinking you said that.
I need to test mine later to see if also reports as 1.1. But there’s a difference between us finding it’s only working as 1.1, and them admitting that’s what they put in there. If they admit it then they either have to work on a remote fix (if that’s possible), or they’ve miss-sold the product/admit it’s been faulty from the start, and being out of warranty wouldn’t matter.

2 Likes

I have no hope, they say there are no problems with the hand tracking, it would work for everyone else.

Response from support:

About the R&D answer. 
I don't know about the technical issues. But that's exactly what he said. 
And the headset of our other customers can be connected with the hand tracking module. 
Because I don't know what you think right now. How do you want to solve the problem?

my answer to the support:

NOT CORRECT !
There are very many with the exact same problem, I have already told you this, if you 
had read it you would know what I am talking about: <Link to Thread>

You ask me how the problem should be solved?

Interested, there are very many 5k + that DO NOT work with hand tracking - 
how do YOU ​ plan to solve the problem?
1 Like

I will also see about elevating this to a higher level as the Tech that is helping doesn’t seem to understand. 🤦🤦🤦

1 Like

Just checked my USB, and whilst it identifies as 2.0 (high speed) it seems to run at 1.1 (full) speeds

Interestingly though, looking at the port for USB Compatible Device - 2x HID and others on the headset it gives this
pimaxwrong

1 Like

as with me, the internal USB HUB only runs on USB 1.1. either bad components were installed or it is misconfigured by the manufacturer.
I could imagine, since we all have the same model, that pimax has installed a series of wrong usb hubs.
But this does not seem to be the problem of pimax but of us, as we no longer have any warranty.
That we could not test it within the warranty as the hand tracking was only 1.5 years after the purchase of the 5k+ available pimax was unfortunately not interested.

2 Likes

I have elevated this further and am waiting for a response. Imagine may know something hopefully tomorrow. With luck no further confusion of what the issue is.

2 Likes

Same thing on USBTreeView and P doesn’t want to hear us and believe that replacing HT module is the solution -_-
Fortunately I didn’t buy an Eye Tracking module too !

They won’t answer within a week, they’re on holidays (chinese new year)

Update:

Thank you for contacting Pimax support team.
As it is Chinese traditional Spring Festival, we are enjoying a 7-day vacation here, inlcuding Chinese logistic.
We have completely understood and recorded your problems.
We will officially be back to work on 18th, Feb. and will handle your problem as soon as possible.
We apologize for this inconvenience caused to you.
Hereby, wish you Happy New Year!

BR,
Pimax support team

-> We have completely understood and recorded your problems.

We will see …

1 Like

nothing happens anymore, support no longer reports and here in the thread nothing seems to change.
What a great company …

Hope we hear something in the weekly update.

Still waiting for my refund to be done.

nothing, but it was clear to me:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-25th-february-2021/34941

We won’t get a solution from Pimax, they already have our money.

1 Like

“I consulted the finance department about your issue. Since the related staff is for bussness traval, and the application can’t be approved. Once she gets back, I will urge for you.”

I can’t wait for it to be over and not to hear about this fcking company again.
In 44 years I have seen mongols, congenital morons and jellie brains. Pimax technicians reach the top 5.

the problem was solved by building the driver on your platform

What do you mean by that? Recompile drivers? How?

Even if it’s true and works, it’s not up to the community to do their job.

His problem was not related to yours. Rebuilding the Driver on this instance your right Ultra Leap needs to do better with there driver releases.

Hopefully pimax gets your refund request properly looked after and corrects the headset usb mode issue on headsets the HT module doesn’t work on.

the problem was precisely in tracking in the Steam VR environment. this is a problem with the AMD platform, I have no problems detecting the tracking module, you can delete my posts or move to another branch.

1 Like