Hand Tracking not working, install issues. Anyone with 5k+/xr have it working?

Hello Korgen,

Did you submit the ticket before regarding this issue? If you do, please let us know.
We are going to urge the engineer to sort this.

Sincerely.

Looking forward to that! Maybe there is some drivers i can download? So that tracking works better in game and also maybe its possible to map gestures.

1 Like

As I said in the other thread “I spent a whole month with the support team to be delivered (they needed weeks to understand they mixed my french adress with somebody else in Hungary…), so I’m not enthousiast to open a 3rd ticket again.”

It’s exactly the same issue described here (don’t work when plugged in the 5k+), there’s no reason for me to submit a ticket, I will when I’ll ask for a refund.
HL Alyx issue is a different problem,it would be better if it was in a different topic, right?

1 Like

Only checked out the visualizer. Still have to try more practical use. However suspect maybe hir and miss with only having usb 2 on the headsets.

@PimaxQuorra

you say:

now the topic starts again with tickets - is that serious?
There are over 10 users here in the forum who all have the same problem!
We turn in a circle and get messed up!
What next for this issue?
Incredibly…

1 Like

@petterssonjohan
Please open a new topic for your problem.
It is already hard enough with our problem and the company pimax.
Your hand tracking works, we are far from ready.
Helpful for us would have been if we knew which version you have (the first 3 numbers of the serial number on the sticker).

1 Like

While opening a ticket may seem pointless, unless everyone with the problem has sent one in the team might not know the extent of the problem. Whilst this forum is linked to the company and messages being passed on etc, it’s a bit more informal, and problems might not be fully recorded into the system in the same way as if in an official ticket. Your ticket itself might not go anywhere (mine didn’t), but the more people with the problem that submit a support ticket, the more likely they’ll know it’s a wider problem that needs looking at.

1 Like

You are certainly not wrong.
But it seems to me that it’s all about generating tickets and Pimax employees are judged on the number of tickets.
In my last experience with a ticket, the employee was primarily concerned with giving him 5 stars and a positive rating…

1 Like

As Pimaxquorra has pinged an Ultraleap employee it may help in both instances.

I don’t recall the method used but some had pulled up info on the Usb controller in one of the pimax headsets. The og 8k should have same controller and the same with Pete’s 5k+.

One other thing to try. Connect the web cam you tried with the adapter by rotating the usb-c connector.

I did this in all tests, no change …

1 Like

I would just repost your ticket number that you already submitted.

Will have to dig it out but will try to dig my 5k+ out this weekend to test. I believe it is a 203.

@petterssonjohan can you post the first 3 numbers of your 5k+ as I have? Thanks

1 Like

without words …

2 Likes

I have not yet created a ticket for this issue.
My experience with support related to other issues.

this would be great - thanks for your efforts

1 Like

Your welcome my og 8k is an early release from KS. My 5k+ as you see with serial is 2nd release as per the serial number.

Every time I deal with them, there are problems. I could understand when Pimax started this adventure 2-3 years ago but not now. My last order was lost somewhere in Hungary (I live in France), the employee decided to refund me and didn’t ask what I wanted (I wanted to be delivered). I had to open 2 tickets for this. That’s why I don’t want ever deal with them, next time I’ll open a ticket it’ll be to be refund and never hear about Pimax. My patience has his limits but I give them a very last chance in fixing HT.

As mentioned post your ticket number. It might be promising with a flash drive functioning correctly in the headset usb-c port in likely being able to fix without an RMA with luck.

Hopefully support will get more organized for better customer xp. I do know they are trying to get these things improved; however as we know this has been slow to demonstrate needed changes.

And as mentioned I won’t submit a ticket unless absolutely necessary or to demand refund.
I’m not the only one with this specific issue, it’s useless for me to submit a ticket (and being answered by someone who doesn’t understand anything, or who thinks you want RMA the device).
If Pimax or Leap Motion tell us they can’t solve this (or if they don’t give news within a month or 2), I’ll submit a ticket. Untill then, don’t ask me to deal with Pimax support : the less I need them, the best it is.

Better organization, improving things, these are arguments we had 2 years ago. A couple of years after they didn’t evolve, it’s still the same mess.

1 Like

If loads of people have this problem, but only I submit a ticket, then the system says only one person has this problem and it’s probably not worth much attention. I would suggest everyone who has the problem submit a ticket.

1 Like

File a ticket requesting a teamviewer session. As others have said if you don’t file a ticket it does nothing to help track how many are affected.

A remote Teamviewer session will give them option to look into what might be causing this issue for some while others have it working.

Even ask for Doman as he is top notch.

Posted my problem in a new thread here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/handmotions-in-game-half-life-alyx/34572

3 Likes