Hand Tracking not working, install issues. Anyone with 5k+/xr have it working?

No worries Doug, still need to work on improving the flow of the forum.

@walrusio
True I haven’t seen, in the other thread it is recognized by the Pi Tool - weird.
However, there are other threads with the same problem as ours.
I don’t want to make a discusion about double threads, sorry.

@Dougi just wanted to show you that already a staff member of leap has knowledge of our problem

greetings Uwe

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra @Ultraleap_Dan

could now also test the USB port on the 5k+ with an adapter and USB stick (read/write) - works perfectly.
What is the status, is there an update for our problem?

Greetings
Uwe

1 Like

Same results here. It would be great to use it as something else than a paperweight!

2 Likes

yes, it’s really great, I paid and waited a year for it and now it doesn’t work.
If I dealt with my clients like that, I wouldn’t have my job for long …

2 Likes

Well as your usb port works fine. Maybe @Ultraleap_Dan and @PimaxQuorra can see about what is going on.

Have you tried HT module connected directly to pc? As it sounds like the module itself might be defective.

It shows Ultraleap dan was seen 1 day ago.

The same behavior as many other users here - and now?

2 Likes

No, I don’t have the cable to test this. But other people who have exactly the same problem report that the module works. And as I said in the other topic, it’s recognized by win 10 while plugged on my 5k+.
The module is definitively not defective.

3 Likes

@Korgen this sounds like a possible issue between Ultraleap and pimax as UweP said that it works in Windows via a direct connect.

As 5k+ and 8k share majority of components something definitely odd is happening as from my understanding the usb-c is just connected to an internal hub on the headset.

Being the weekend not likely to hear anything til monday.

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, we have forwarded this issue to the dev team, so that they could check with the HT connected via the headset, as Dan has reported the feedback to us, the HT is working perfectly when connecting directly via the PC.

Sincerely.

1 Like

Hi, i’ve got my hand motions a while ago. Installed some SteamVR - Leap Motion program and pasted it in SteamVR drivers folder. Because first i’ve had only visible hands in the Pimax VR Experience not in any games. So i got hands not in for example Half life Alyx, but… works extremely bad. Any tips? On Pimax VR Experience i can play with my fingers, in Alyx its all fingers closed or open pan. Very hard to move, and everything. What can i do?

Was this program from Github?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/hand-tracking-module-github/34533?u=heliosurge

Haven’t tried it myself.

@PimaxQuorra Do we have some ETA, it would great if we could use HT before warranty period ends lol

@PimaxQuorra @Alex.liu
the problem is definitely due to the USB hub of the 5k+.
A test with a memory stick works on the USB hub of the 5k+ .
Now i have tested a simple USB Cam on the USB hub of the 5k+, does not work.
Is there really a simple USB hub installed, can it be updated via a firmware update of the 5k+?

1 Like

If a firmware update can’t fix this, I hope you’ll also refund custom taxes.

Yes, there it is. Actually i got an Alpha version before, but not i have the newest version, same problem.
Havent any one played Half life Alyx with Hand motion and got it to actually work better then very bad?

1 Like

@petterssonjohan
Does the Hand Tracking module work on your 5k+ on the lower USB-C port of the 5k+?
What version does your 5k+ have (I have 203)?
Greetings Uwe

Pimax VR, Model: P2. Dont know where i find version.
I see the hands in Alyx when using Hand Motions. But it works very bad. Is it playable for you with hand motions?

PiTool Current Version: v1.0.2.087

@petterssonjohan no-one in this thread can get their hand tracking working, so we can’t test it out in Alyx :wink:

Hello,

We have invited @Ultraleap_Dan to answer this thread.

Dan, could you please take a look at this user issue, as he has a normal functional hand tracking on Pimax Experience, but not in the Half-Life Alyx.

Sincerely.