Half Life: Alyx will be included for FREE with Pimax purchased Index Controller Upgrades

I tried this way but no answer from Steam.

Hi, @PimaxQuorra; for those of us who have purchased the controllers and stations under Plan F, but have not received them yet, what do we need to do to have Half-Life Alyx available on their release day, Monday? Or better yet, on the pre-download day (today).

3 Likes

I fear Pimax have dropped the ball by taking so long to ship these packages. When they promised originally to finish shipping by February it wouldn’t have been an issue. But now we know that automatic detection doesn’t work, and many people still don’t have controllers in hand to make a ticket with Valve.

@PimaxQuorra, instructions need to be sent to purchasers ASAP. The game releases Monday and it will take at least a day for Valve to answer any tickets.

3 Likes

@drowhunter with your Ebay Index purchase did you only use them with Pimax Headset?

Thats what i got from steam support… pff
"Preordered games may not be visible in your ‘Games Library’ until they are available for pre-load or released.

We apologize about any confusion regarding this matter.

To confirm that you successfully purchased the game, you can see your recent Steam Store Transactions by logging in to the Steam Store, or the Steam application, and then selecting your username at the top right of the page or the client window.

Additionally, you should have received an email confirming the purchase details.

For information on release dates and pre-order bonuses, please see the game’s Steam Store page.

Steam Support
Ryan"

Marc did you receive Index Package from Pimax or still waiting?

I do have it already

1 Like

yes. I think it might not be good to use me as a baseline, because I personally contacted them back then to inquire about it and they probably did something at that time to make sure i got it.

1 Like

Preload just started for me. 48 gig/

2 Likes

Yep me too :+1:
20 chars

3 Likes

same here :smile: but 67gig

2 Likes

Curious,

1 Like

@dogbite @MarkD @MrAhlefeld

Do you all got the Index controllers through Pimax and do you raised a ticket with the Steam support or did someting else than pairing the controllers with Steam VR?

Mine are paired since Tuesday but still no sign of Alyx in my Library :frowning:

Bought mine on Steam last Sept

Dennis raise a support ticket with Steam Support

https://community.openmr.ai/t/half-life-alyx-deployment-issue/26471?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

48gb here as well. It would be nice if Valve surprised us with unlocking it tonight…seems such a drag not having it playable for this “self isolation weekend” ahead of us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The game folder actually shows 0 bytes. I expect it will appear at unlock as 67 gig which I read was the install size somewhere.

2 Likes

No unlock. No download. Still not in my library.

@PimaxQuorra Please please send a plan for the affected users.

Did you file a Ticket with Steam Support as detailed above?

1 Like