Half Life: Alyx will be included for FREE with Pimax purchased Index Controller Upgrades

Yes I provided them a steam report and also a photograph of my box with serial numbers … nothing … its so frustrating that we get this change of what to do at the 11th hour … Pimax, seriously, you’ve had months to sort this stuff out … at this point I feel like I should have ordered them from Valve and pressed for a refund of my lighthouses and controller pledge … This whole pimax kickstarter has been a series of delays, broken promises and shipping extortion.

2 Likes

If you haven’t received a response from steam support yet. Then may need to wait as I am sure they are receiving a lot of support tickets.

[Color=red]Valve[/color] has been having a lot of issues with Deployment from people whom are not supposed to receive like 2nd hand purchases and returned/refunded. Valve should have used simple Serial registration to ensure copies are sent out once per new controller set.

Unfortunately this is something in Valve’s hands to get resolved on their end. Pimax is trying to get this resolved. And is frustrating waiting for Valve.

2 Likes

Hi Dennis
I purchased mine directly from valve, HL Alyx showed up in my library when it was announced

3 Likes

48Gig download,

67Gig storage space for installation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I played games for a while using the index controllers from Pimax but nothing got added. Will send a support ticket to Valve in the morning.

2 Likes

Hi Dennis, I bought Half Life Alyx directly from Valve too. I also preordered the Valve index controllers to use with my Pimax HMD. They will refund the cost of the game when the purchase of the controllers completes👍

5 Likes

Does plan E have it too?

after 3 days I contacted Steam support they added “Half-Life: Alyx” to my library :

Hi,

It looks like it was not correctly granted, I have since granted it to your account and you should either see it now in your Library or very soon prior to release.

You will also gain access to additional in-game content. More information regarding extra content is available here.
Steam Support
Tony

4 Likes

No luck for me. I’ve contacted valve but they told me to contact pimax so they can send me a code for hal-life: alyx.

I will send a ticket to pimax, but once again it seem to be a disaster in term of communication from pimax. They really should do something about this.

3 Likes

When you create the ticket please send a screen shot of the communication you received from Valve.

1 Like

Are you a kickstarter Backer? Have you received the Index controller package?

Yes I’m a backer and I receive the controller and played with it. Everything work well, except that I don’t receive half§life alyx and valve told me to contact pimax to get a code.

I’e send my message in french, but I think french support can’t answer so they told me they will continue in english. And has you can see they said to contact pimax.

3 Likes

Yes there seems to be a disconnect in Steam support as several people have contacted Steam Support and have received HL:Alyx by providing Steam Hardware report and Pimax Order details. Seems Tony has been the Steam Support goto guy.

I have added Backer Bling.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/half-life-alyx-deployment-issue/26471?u=heliosurge

Maybe @PimaxUSA can get this sorted he has said before he talks to Valve daily.

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA and @PimaxQuorra – this needs to be sent in a KS mail ASAP. You’ve said the forums don’t represent the majority of your users. You are on the verge of a wave of anger over “broken promises” re: Alyx. It unlocks in ~24 hours. At this point, most Steam support chats will NOT respond before launch, and it seems even if they do, it’s not guaranteed they’ll send Alyx on the first response.

I believe genuinely that the Alyx detection has failed on Valve’s end. However, the failure of your team to effectively communicate this to your users is SQUARELY on your shoulders. This isn’t trolling. I want Pimax to succeed. This should have been easy – it’s an email directed to all backers via the KS system. And yet weeks have gone by with nothing done. My question is simply – why?

6 Likes

Absolutely agree – this is a watershed moment for VR and once again Pimax fail their users due to mis/non-communication.

This was a train wreck you should have been able to get out the way of weeks ago, when it appeared apparent that people were not getting their unlocks automatically.

How hard would it have been to get onto Valve and come up with the “email your serial number to support to manually unlock” … now we’re less than a day from release and suddenly this is the “recommendation”

I’ve already had three back and forth emails with my ticket and the game has still not unlocked - so I won’t be playing it on release day for sure.

4 Likes

It worked for me, I contacted the Steam Support Friday night, they could not see the Index controllers connected to my account despite I played with them since Tuesday. They asked for a picture with the serial numbers on the controllers and after I send it they granted me Alyx incl. the special content and it appeared in my Steam Library.

So for me a really smooth and fast Steam support experience, Preloading right now :raised_hands:

Cheers,
Dennis

4 Likes

I gave them the serial number in my original support ticket and played some games and got the game added 16 hours later.

2 Likes

Until now I’m bored and then nothing has been outstanding since Controller Upgrades

Hello Loribee,

As we did contacted Steam Support personally, they could help us to add the game to the library. And with other users’ references, they are doing the same way.

Could you please PM us some screenshots between you and SteamSupport?

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like