Half Life: Alyx will be included for FREE with Pimax purchased Index Controller Upgrades

Bet you didn’t express the “junk” sentiment to the poor bastard.

3 Likes

Likely doesn’t realize either that all LH v2.0 are made by Valve.

2 Likes

Well look what just showed up in my steam library. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind I bought the knuckles from ebay , but valve were true to their word and somehow they have detected that I am a knuckles owner and the game suddenly showed up in my library.

This should hopefully give pimax owners some peace of mind.

6 Likes

What did you do with the controllers? just use them for VR stuff? connect them via USB? I’m trying to figure out what the trigger was to get the game to show up.

uh… i played games with them? :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK - maybe that’s my issue - I’ve been into STEAMVR home with them and the LAB and nothing else

2 Likes

im not sure what the trigger is , but when I contacted steam support the person told me that as launch approached that the game would show up in my library.

It’s possible it is a staggered roll out. (not really sure why they would do that)

(EDIT) just checked this link on steam discussion for alyx. This dude seems to have the opposite problem. lol

3 Likes

I’ve heard the same from both Valve and Pimax support. So I suppose we wait and wait. Hopefully the first of us will report that it’s indeed working as predicted. The clock is definitely ticking, though. Hopefully we didn’t need to have received our controllers before 12/31/19, because I don’t think anyone did.

Played some more games using the pimax and index controllers - even had the PC do a firmware update on them … today … still nothing … I am beginning to think that we’re not getting squat … I’m frankly struggling to figure out how Valve ‘magically’ determines I have ‘permanent’ index controllers in my possession and makes the determination that I’m entitled to a free copy.

Pimax has been conspicuously quiet on this matter as the release of the game is nearing - which does not fill me with hope for a positive outcome

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA - can we get some further insight into what the triggers are needed to get this to show up …

thanks

It appears that others (non-Pimax) are receiving theirs in an apparent staged rollout, so I’m willing to suspend my disbelief.

My last remaining fear is that we would have needed to plug them in PRIOR to the 12/31/19 cutoff. I guess we’ll find out in two weeks!

EDIT: So far I’ve also tried toggling from the Beta SteamVR to the stable SteamVR to see if that triggered anything. Not yet…

2 Likes

Honestly? It seems Valve might not either. As there is a report of some receiving a 2nd free copy. On a different machine.

2 Likes

@drowhunter Did you get the knuckles on your account before or after New Year’s?

My concern is that because we’re all setting up now, it won’t process as us owning then prior to this year.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra can you help assuage these fears of ours? Prior to the release? Thank you kindly.

3 Likes

There was no “cutoff” defined, at least not according to Valve’s original advertisement.

3 Likes

Right! Valve is still offering Alyx for free, with the purchase of Index Controllers.

3 Likes

Well that’s good to know, thanks @neal_white_iii. Back to the uninformed waiting game.

2 Likes

Have any people here who received Plan F controllers also received HL: Alyx or any of the SteamVR Home environments?

2 Likes

nope - not me - i contacted valve support but have yet to hear anything

1 Like

i got it the day i posted that picture

4 Likes

Did you get your controllers from Pimax or eBay?

1 Like

He said Ebay. Now the better question. @drowhunter do you have a Vive or just hook up with Pimax headset?

2 Likes