Half Life: Alyx will be included for FREE with Pimax purchased Index Controller Upgrades

I wonder what the Pimax packaging is going to look like . Have you used them yet ? Are they awesome compared to the vive wands ?

1 Like

January 1stā€¦ LOLOLOL

Yes Iā€™ve used them and Iā€™m quite impressed with the build quality and features. Trying different games to see the various use cases for finger tracking and which game might utilize it best. Canā€™t wait for Alyx to try it on the game they were made for.

I canā€™t tell if your question about comparison to vive wands is sarcasm or serious.

1 Like

That was a serious question . I am hoping the index controllers are much more easier to use for locomotion and turning .

1 Like

Looking forward to that Pimax ā€œnew boxā€ smellā€¦

1 Like

youā€™re missing the picture where the joystick doesnā€™t work and its youā€™re fault for expecting it to.

Iā€™ve never picked up a vive wand and from the sounds of all the negativity surrounding them glad my association with them has been a base station only.

Have you tried the oculus touch controllers as I also own them and love them, but looks like I found my new love. Theyā€™re amazing so far. Just got them today so weā€™ll see how I feel in 2 weeks but the build quality is premium, the layout is logical, and they work perfectly in apps and menus etc so weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

Ha yea, thatā€™s the first thing I tested and happy to report I have ā€œupward clickā€ on both sticks.

2 Likes

lucky you. My point was that even the super professional Valve make colossal phuck-ups :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Like any other company thereā€™s sometimes a fall from grace but they seemed to have recovered pretty quick from ā€œclick gateā€ without too much drama except for that created by the bigger Youtube streamers. Reminds me of the battery meltdowns that Samsung had to deal with only in that case a much larger phuckup to have to recover from, but they did it in my opinion.

The issues were as big as made out with the 1st version of valveā€™s controllers. Which they played off & quietly slip a revision fix. The index itself also had the black dot issue of which they simply said it was a non issue & maybe for most that was true.

Samsung had to actually release an update disabling the phones with the battery bombs as many were ignoring the safety recall.

Often needed changes take time to realize what is needed.

3 Likes

ā€¦ Like HTC? Not sure everybody can agree on thatā€¦ :nerd_face:

(I agree regarding Valve though)

1 Like

i think it was shady to make a statement claiming it was by design. and then quietly fix it and hope the original buyers didnā€™t notice.

Thatā€™s like Samsung claiming their phone were supposed to explode.

1 Like

I agree to disagree with Valve.

I have no complaints about Valve and I have been a Steam member since launch. As far as their hardware goes, I love the Index controllers. Canā€™t wait to use them in Alyx.
They have brought so many games back to playability for me where wands failed. Never have I played so much Gorn as today. :smile:

3 Likes

You donā€™t need to worry about those smelly boxes.
I can almost smell nothing from my 5k+ package manufacured about four months ago compared to early batches of them.

1 Like

Iā€™m considering running the scent into my gc-ms just to see what it is Iā€™m smellingā€¦ Probably causes cancer in California.

2 Likes

so good news, I asked vavle customer support if I would get alyx for free because i bought mine on ebay.

here is the response.

i think closer to the date we will have to register our devices in order to get the game. This makes sense because, it explains how pimax users will get their free alyx as well

4 Likes

EDIT:
Sorry didnt see this thread before:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/tested-hands-on-with-half-life-aylx-pimax-mentioned-and-tested/24529

Adam Savages tried the PiMax 5k+ with Alyx

In my case I ejected from this shartshow not even a week after getting my Kickstarter headset because of clear issues with build quality and support, then dumped everything on eBay for a pretty sweet profit.

Waiting for the Pimax controllers and lighthouses, which are likely also going to be cheap Chinese garbage, for another year or more before they finally deliver is just silly. For $208 shipped (because of course there was still shipping :roll_eyes:) Iā€™m supposed to eventually get a set of the Index controllers ($279) and two of the 2.0 Lighthouses ($199 ea!)

$677 worth of stuff for $208 is some hella sweet deals. Oh theyā€™re gonna be so many lighthouses on eBay once these ship. (If they ever ship and theyā€™re not just waiting till everyone canā€™t reverse the charges on their credit card then bailing on yet another promise.)

Itā€™s free real estate. Iā€™m not sure why literally everyone eligible hasnā€™t jumped on it.