[FIXED]Stormland Doesn’t Work with either ReVive or PiTool Native

I havent had the same luck. I have a 6ft version of the cable oculus recommended (The Anker) and it works with sound, but when I plug it into the active repeater cable from Cable Creations. (The one Cas & Chary and MRTV are gloing on about) I get no audio.

Ahh that’s odd, no sound. I used a Ugreen 15ft extension cable that I already had (recommended by MIke from Virtual Reality Oasis) that I coupled to a 12" USBc cable I have been using to connect an Anker portable battery to the Quest and voila it worked to my surprise.

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is so beautiful. As well as Stormland of course.

1 Like

I would like to add some clarification to the licensing. There is a difference between a permission and an attribution (as seems actually to be the case from the screenshot you posted). Out of my head, I am not aware of any (well known) open source license, which would require a permission from the copyright owner, but I believe all of them require an attribution and then differ by some other rules they impose on the user.

If you have a look at the Revive license (Revive/LICENSE at master · LibreVR/Revive · GitHub) you will notice it is already an amalgamation of several projects.

I assume that the Revive dev can say (e.g. by judging the typical behavior) whether the Pimax code uses something from Revive, though if Pimax implementation does not run SteamVR (as mentioned by @mmorselli) it is possibly not a direct clone.

Anyway, the attribution is basically all the OSS creators (and copyright owners) can get (everything else is just a bonus), so if Pimax really used their code (or “substantial part of it”) some type of an acknowledgement is due.

Pimax also could contribute to the project, though in current situation, I guess something should be done first to salvage the situation.

6 Likes

Hey @SweViver is Pimax working on a solution to play Stormland . It would be great if we could get it running on Pimax headsets . Or do we have to wait for the next Pitool release ?

4 Likes

Just in case anyone else decides to take matters into their own hands while waiting on Pimax:

• Hex editing the ovr version comparison in LibPVRRT64_1_X.dll and the value returned by ovr_GetVersionString (from 1.37 to 1.41/1.42) does not resolve the issue :nerd_face:

I really wish Pimax had made the source to this component available already, then we could have been potentially fixed this Thursday instead of it being 6 days since the game’s release and Pimax hasn’t even acknowledged the issue yet.

• Stormlands patched today, did not resolve the issue in PiTool or Revive w/ Pimax HMDs. Didn’t expect it to, but figured I’d report anyway.
3 Likes

actually its odd I tried it again and its working now I have sound. But man I’m not impressed with the sound level of quest.

On the DAS asgards soundtrack is loud and clear with good range.

On quest its like the volume is half as high. And I cant hear the low range at all.

1 Like

Hey can you try defector? For some reqsin that specific game looks like azz.

Its super low res and compressed looking.

I had to double check that my super sampling was on 1.5

Asgard looks good.

i wonder if the official Link cable is higher bandwidth and will have a more Native looking image.

(EDIT) Spoke too soon? On my rtx 2080ti it works well, but on my other less capable gtx 1060 pc it works but freezes after 30 seconds.

I’m actually ok with the sound quality of Quest, I had Rifts and it’s an improvement believe it or not. Besides, I like the off-ear audio because it’s one less area covered up and contributing to overheating.

For what it is, audio built right into the strap, I find it pretty decent overall.

1 Like

Defector working perfectly well for me, good graphics, maxed out. I have a 2080. So far, I don’t feel compelled at all to spend money on the soon to be official link cable. I’m glad I was able to repurpose this cable that I was using for Basestations when I had the CV1. Everything running at basically max settings, Stormland, LoneEcho, Defector, etc.

One very odd thing. In the Oculus software aparently you’re suposed to opt into the beta channel to trigger the link cable software update. On mine, it only works when I’m opted out haha whatever works!

3 Likes

I have a feeling this Texture is the main source of our trouble but can’t be sure.

In Revive, CompositorBase.cpp, the error occurs here:
err = vr::VRCompositor()->Submit((vr::EVREye)i, &texture.Color, &bounds, (vr::EVRSubmitFlags)submitFlags);

CompositorError 105 (TextureUsesUnsupportedFormat).

I’m sure the Pimax team will have a much easier time hunting the exact source of the issue and resolving it. Any update guys? @Doman.Chen @Sean.Huang

4 Likes

With Defector. A youtuber I believe said set pitool at 0.5 to 0.75 & use Oculus quality & in game graphics boost. It is likely like Ethan Carter which also looks low res when pitool render set high.

1 Like

I tried that but it didnt work

Which pimax hmd do you have and do you had dark colours like most of us do in Defector.
For me Defector wasnt play able with Pi Tool Version V1.0.1.180.Beta on my pimax xr . The character that I was playing was too high of the ground and colours were way too dark. Even after adjusting several colour profiles it was still horrible experience beause the colours werent how they should have been on the native rift.

I have the 5K+ and since lovely/s Pimax have still not shipped the basestations and controllers that I/we paid for 2 years ago I decided to grab a Quest which I have been using exclusively for the last few months in order to be able to play (thank you Oculus Link) the majority of Steam/Oculus titles that I own, including Defector. I have not tried Defector on the Pimax as I don’t have motion controllers.

I will say though that temporarily giving up wide FOV is no where near as bad as I had imagined/ others had said. The Quest image is very clear and not distorted, and I can freely play all of my F**($%** titles without hardware/software glitches/friction. l’ll go back to the 5K+ when I have a full package. Getting the Quest was the right move (for me) since I can calm down and not feel anger/angst towards lovely/s Pimax while we wait (probably till next spring).

2 Likes

I think they moved the feature out of the PTC. Last night a new. PTC came out that they said didnt have the kink feature in it anymore.

Yeah I believe I said it somewhere in these forums around may/july but Pimax is a great futuristic headset when it works its breathtaking. But I would never recommend it as your sole headset.

There are issues and when you cant play a particular game you need to have a fall back HMD.

What u say about fov is true kind of. Going back isnt impossible but Ill be damned to go backnto Asgards Wrath in 90 fov.

Im actually stopping playing stormland for now until I can play with my 5k+. With out the fov its just not good enough.

3 Likes

no more kink? That’s just not acceptable :imp::clown_face::japanese_goblin:

Has anyone had any luck getting stormland running yet ? @SweViver @PimaxUSA @PimaxVR

6 Likes

Dont forget that we still wanna play Vader Immortal

1 Like

See @Ludiks’s tutorial.