[FIXED]Stormland Doesn’t Work with either ReVive or PiTool Native

Yeah I leave mine turned on all the time as well because I have found that most games I play tend to needed still.

1 Like

I have PP turned off 90% of the time. Some games need it of course.

In most titles I get occlusion popping at the periphery sometimes and other minor bugs but ignore it after a little while and is worth it for the performance increase.

2 Likes

So Stormlands works when launched from PiTool but not through Revive (crashes on launch). Does it work for anybody else through Revive? Just making sure it’s not something unique to my system before I dive deeper here.

Haven’t tested it myself. But as far as I know on Pimax just confirmed for pitool.

1 Like

Does not work with Revive on Pimax, or the game starts but only on the monitor and Im stuck in SteamVR dashboard.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Controller Config

Thanks for confirming. I’m appreciative for it working at all, hopefully they can fix it’s compatibility with Revive at some point.

1 Like

I am still unable to play Stormland. It is now displayed in the headset, but my index controllers do not fully work with this game. When asked to press the menu button to proceed @ the beginning of the game none of the buttons work to advance to the next step. Is there an updated driver I need to install to get full compatibility of the index controllers with oculus games?

1 Like

Now that Pimax sells index controllers I am guessing that their support for them will get better .

1 Like

@Stevieray Have you tried pressing the trackpad as that represents the menu button in Asgard’s Wrath?

I’ve been playing Stormland on my Pimax 5K+, with PP on, and the Index Controllers. It’s been working fantastic. I didn’t do anything out of the norm, I just installed the latest PiTool and ran the game from within. The thumb trackpad is the menu button in-game. The game is quite incredible and the sense of presence is extremely high. It’s been a while since I’ve spent so much time in my Pimax playing a single game. I do wish it was running thru Revive though, so I could adjust the Index grip bindings.

5 Likes

Cool, what settings did you use in PT ? :star_struck:

2 Likes

If you’ve got an bit of time into the game, try it without PP on.
I haven’t had time to test it (hopefully today, jeez Dec is a busy time! I need a vacation from Xmas!!!) but my impression, so far, is that there are some video ‘glitches’ that the character experiences that we are perceiving as a need for PP. But I didn’t see any difference with PP on or off and the glitches are disappearing as I progress thru the game, with PP off. I haven’t figured out, for sure, if PP is needed, but it seems that it’s not?

Edit: Ok, it definitely looks better with PP on. I have a display issue no matter which way PP is set, but it looks better with it on. Anyone else have an issue where the display seems ‘split’ in some areas? One eye will be dark with little color, the other will have a little dark, with mostly normal colors on the other side of the split?

2 Likes

Here are the settings I’m using. The only issue I’ve had is the grip settings on the Index controllers. My hands will constantly grip the ground or my own legs with the slightest touch of the controller. I keep my hands relaxed and I’m still able to play it, but it would be so much better if we could set controller bindings within PiTool, specifically when running Oculus games and we don’t have access to SteamVR.

3 Likes

I’m not having that issue with the different appearance in each eye. Not sure what is causing that.

1 Like

I got the game and played a bit Tonight - its awesome!

I did have some lighting issues (no PP). They seem to come if there are different lighting conditions - like inside those hab’s where you can craft, underneath Stone arch’s and such. In that case the left eye is fine, it’s just the right eye that has 1/3 as the left eye and the rest is lighter.

Also, on the right eye there is object popping at the very edge (maybe 10% in normal FOV), which also does not happen on the right eye. If you are outside then the lighting is just fine, it’s just does special lighting conditions where the right eye goes wrong.

Still went about 3.5 hours straight into the game :wink:

@Alex.liu @PimaxVR, is this something Driver related that could be fixed in PiTool?
If you look closely at the Picture you can see what the Right eye sees in those cases, its not a shadow line, its where the Image starts getting a different lighting then the rest, the left is all darker, like the dark 1/3 here.

4 Likes

This is a much better description of what I’m experiencing…

2 Likes

I guess the lighting/shadow is changed In those cases, from a dev point typical afaik, and what ever they do it goes wrong at that point For VR @ the pimax - RTX and that would not be an issue ( for sure some others would appear;-) ).

2 Likes

hi MReis ,
I just played the game for the first time today using an 8k , when I tried it first I got the same as you ,different shading in each eye!
but using Razorub’s settings and PP on fixed it for me , game runs really well even with PP on.
looks really good ,flying is cool!! great game!!
thanks Razub for sharing!!

5 Likes

Hey cool, I will try that tonight!
Edit:
So I tried it, it works very well setup like that and the wierd lighting/shadow effect on the right lense is resolved. I guess it runs a bit slower wit PP but very enjoyable (dont have an fps counter in occulus store games) - besides the early days, this game really starts to pull you in this an Asgards wrath are really worth it - glad that the PiMax runs does titels it would really be a miss not getting into them. I went something like 6.5 Hours in just 2 evenings - old mans record i guess ;-).

3 Likes