Controller Config

You know what Pitool needs that would make it more suitable than Revive on Pimax? I would LOVE if I could edit some of the controller bindings. Specifically in my case, I dont like using analog for movement. I would love to swap it to Touch pad when I am using my index controllers. As for Vive wand users, I think they would love if there was a toggle grip option because grip hold is painful in oculus games.

5 Likes

Moved your post to pitool as a Feature request. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

4 Likes

Thank you. Hopefully it gets implemented soon. The dreadful stick drift is killing me on my index controllers. Not fun playing Asgard wrath on Ice.

1 Like

I agree whole heartedly with the need to be able to turn off the grip. However, I don’t have any drift issues with Index on any games including AW. On the contrary, love the Index controllers. Especially in Touch games.

3 Likes

Turn off? you mean toggle the grip? I think its needed for Vive wands. As for Index, the grips are perfect, no need to change them. The analog stick will degrade over time. In addition, I hate using them and prefer the comfort of Touch pad. There is less pressure on my thumb when I use touch pad. I don’t expect them to change much right now because I imagine 90% of the resources are going into the 8k+ and 8kx testing.

Actually I meant be able to remap the grip function when an older title not design for it. Because one is strapped so close to the handle, Shard throwing in the game IN DEATH is cumbersome is one example.
designed without the added haptics in mind at the time.

1 Like

And in Fallout 4 I’m constantly throwing Molotov’s at my feet… :grin: I should probably find a better binding profile… :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

My Index booster grips got delayed by a truck breakdown, a change of carrier from UPS to Purolator because of it and Purolator delivers them to the wrong address today.
I call. They see they have done it and open a ticket while sending the driver back. A person in another Province emails me they are assisting yet another agent I haven’t heard of who is handling the ticket. They want to know about the contents of the missing package.
I explain to them the package isn’t missing. You know where you delivered it. They pick up the package and it’s on the way … apparently. :laughing:

2 Likes

LooksFineToMe

3 Likes

when you get them back, try remapping the sprint binding to a button instead of analog click. This might be the best way to preserve the analog by reducing pressure on the springs inside the controller. Still I would highly recommend using touchpad in any game that allows you to rebind keys. As amazing as the index controller is, the analog is complete trash even if they fixed the “click” press on the analog. I’m hoping early next year that Sweviver pushes this topic to the higher ups so that I can play storm lands with touchpad.

1 Like

Your certainly welcome to your preference and opinion. I however hate touchpads for movement in ALL my games. Especially Oculus Touch based games. Love Index.
Also the issue I have isn’t sprinting it’s the “shard tossing teleport system” that In Death uses that too sensitive when you’re strapped to the grip.

1 Like

Well if you are just teleporting then your analogs will be fine. It is VERY different if you play competitive shooters like pavlov or onward(Analogs will be destroyed in 2 months like mine). Curious though, Aren’t you playing this game on steam? Couldn’t you just rebind your index controllers to be better optimized to your preference?

1 Like

That’s not what I said. I guess you haven’t played In Death. There are 3 methods of movement available and on at all times, in the game. Full motion (my normal method of movement in all games), shooting a teleport arrow to where you want to be and tossing a teleport shard to where you want to be.
Using all 3 can be strategically beneficial in the game.

The problem is you can’t re-assign the “grab and toss” of the shard and on Index or turn the function off it is easy to accidently use it. It also can’t be turned off. On the Index’s long grips it can accidently be set off too easily. The boosters may help avoiding setting it off.
That was my only point. Not looking to debate mini-stick vs pads. I prefer sticks for precision in combat myself. Each to his own. Not looking to debate Index quality. Time will tell.

So you see I wasn’t looking to debate the quality of Index’s ministicks (time will tell) or the old touchpad vs ministick argument.

1 Like

Its no issue man and yes you are right. I never played in death. Its on sale today for a good price but not my type of game. I understand what you are trying to explain now that you’ve elaborated. Now for the real question is, if Pimax found a way to get those cosmos controllers to work Via Pitool, would you use them? I’m sure it would solve your issue for that specific game and it would be the closest we could get to having rift controllers on non-oculus headset

I have no wish for inside/ out tracking, so no I wouldn’t use them. I have more than one game where reaching over the shoulder for weapons is required and IO tracking would occlude. Alyx and Boneworks are using the technique, as well, Asgard’s Wrath. I see this control scheme being used a lot in the future. I’ll stick with lighthouses for now.

2 Likes

Nono Im not saying anything about using the cosmo but Im talking about specifically using the controllers with pimax. The cosmos also supports room scale tracking with base stations 1 and 2.0. So that means there is a possibility it could be used on Pitool if HTC opens up with their controllers exclusivity.

2 Likes

Quite happy with Index and the booster grips added today. Perfect fit now.

3 Likes

Being able to modify the controller bindings in PiTool similar to SteamVR would be amazing.

3 Likes

Yes, Please help me keep this thread alive so it can happen. I love and respect Revive as an option to get into oculus games but the performance on Pitool often times can be better. Probably because its 1 less program to run i dont know exactly but I dont wanna give up until I get a response from someone at pimax, only then can I X out of this Tab.

2 Likes

It would make sense for Pimax to add controller configuration since they added the Oculus support. With the index and wands being so different from the Oculus Touch controls, it would make sense to offer the option to adjust controls directly within PiTool. It really would be a great feature.

1 Like