First Pimax CES 2020 coverage from MRTV

My question is, when will Deluxe Audio be ready? Because it looks like 8KX itself and normal MAS will be ready first.

If so, if I use backer upgrade to order 8KX now with Deluxe Audio option, can I get 8KX with normal MAS first and then get the Deluxe headphones separately later when they are ready?

Also, when should I expect the 8KX to ship to me. From interviews it sounds like March?

2 Likes

Hello Drowhunter,

If across both eyes will be the 3400 * 1440 and with wider FOV.
Cosmos will only do 2880 * 1700 across the eyes.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Hello Glassy,

Thank you for commenting, the Deluxe Audio Strap is coming soon. We will take this question into the weekly update discussion. By this week, we will update the progressing on this MAS and 8KX!

Yes. We will deliver the 8KX and Deluxe MAS separately, you will receive the headset before the MAS.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

12 Likes

Thanks for those updates already!

2 Likes

I was talking about the Woojer strapā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

awsome news , thanks for quick reply

3 Likes

Yes, I think that after the movement of DP optical cable from HTC, this will be the real solution for 8Kx. They would offers us the option to change the cable with an optical cable to have 90hz and long distance, like they did with the 10meters cable in Kickstarter.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @PimaxQuorra Did you think it can solve our problems? Selling us an optional optical cable of 7-10 meters to achieve 90hz too? Thanks!

Hello Yen,

We will consider this, as we want to try our best to fulfil the satisfaction of each customers. Since the optical cable might work with our headset, our team will try on that. But we canā€™t promise anything on this, as this might need to be discuss within departments.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

3400 * 1440 and 2880 * 1700 are same in total :laughing:

2 Likes

Hello Toooohka,

Just a simple maths calculation, donā€™t be so serious! :rofl:

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Thanks @PimaxQuorra you are the best listening to us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Yen,

Our pleasure to talk with you. If you do have any questions/suggestion,donā€™t hesitate to let us know! We will listen it and make it a step towards improvement!

Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Weird, I have no depth perception issues or eye strain with my 8K. Earlier on it wasnā€™t great and Parallel Projections didnā€™t do much for depth perception but the last few PiTool updates and firmware upgrades has really brought the headset along on all fronts including clarity as well.

Yes there are still limitations due to the nature of the beast (8K screens and 1440p upscaled resolution) but over the course of the last year, there have been many good improvements.

It is good that Pimax is giving a good show at CES. It is important for them and us.

4 Likes

Oh! Thatā€™s good to hear. Iā€™m stoked.

1 Like

May I ask, what is your IPD?

3 Likes

Also I have to state on the ā€œAdviseā€ to reduce to 2 HMDā€™s - Sorry not a good advice at all!

You will Always have Enthusiasts, Advanced, Experts, Beginners or something like that. I Always hated that the others had so little choice (well, now actually e.g. Oculus those deliver more choice).

@PimaxVR , please take your path ā€“ itā€™s good to have an Option and a choice !

I canā€™t know on a professional level if it must be 6 or more, or less but 2 is too little IHMO.

Sales will tell what is needed and what not.

EDIT: I guess ā€œEvolutionā€ will most likley make something like 8kX, 8k+, 5k SUPER and Artesan out of it. But then again - you might like it in OLED or notā€¦ well rather have the choice I guess and see whats left after a year of Sales.

7 Likes

Where I on the other hand think that 3 different headsets would be enough.

Also compiling info about the forum users opinions regarding this question of how many is enough.

2 Likes

In the first 8KX video, Kevin showed a couple of different face foams and mentioned a notch-less version.
Please, dear Pimax, please make that an option before you send out the hmd!
I do NOT wear glasses and Iā€™m always bothered of light-leaking-comfort-compromising face foam notches that some companies include as default.
Iā€™ve ordered the 8KX and Iā€™ll gladly do a little survey before shipping to get that solved.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

5 Likes

At that price point, please include one of eachā€¦ :+1::wink:

4 Likes

IPD is 66.4

The more recent SteamVR update combined with the last couple versions of PiTool have come together quite well. Using 64Hz, Normal FOV, 1.25 Render with SteamVR Vid Auto and App 100% and SteamVR smoothing on.

Il2 good, DCS wel a bit slow over cities but in the air good and did my first track practice on Competizione in Assetto Corsa and it seemed to run ok as far as I could see. Need to spend more time with Competizione but distant elements on track be it scenery or signs seemed clearer than I remember from the Original Assetto Corsa but I havenā€™t played that for a few months so I should check that out too.

Distant textures and objects seem much better now then they did a few months ago. Returned Settings to default with in PiTool from IPD offset -1 and Vertical Alignment of +1.5 L/R.

Things across the board just seem to be better improved and it is a combination not just one element.

3 Likes