First Pimax CES 2020 coverage from MRTV

I think Kevin from Pimax USA said to Sebastian at CES 2020 it’s improved to 80Mhz maximum for 8K-X, and nothing about 90Mhz, so I wouldn’t be too hopeful for higher refresh rate.

From memory, the max Pimax ever got in testing months ago, but wasn’t stable, was 82Mhz.

Perhaps if we’re very lucky, Pimax will offer a Fiber optic cable, to increase the Mhz higher than 80mhz? I don’t see any other way after a long time testing though, that this will be possible.

3 Likes

For me native 80 hz is good enough even if might be limited to normal fov. So congrats Pimax !:+1:

BTW Where is Xtal 8k ?

3 Likes

Regarding Sebastion’s thoughts on the MAS and comparing it to the Rift S, one thing to think about is that CES is a ridiculously loud event. Perhaps his review of the MAS will change in a normal environment.

4 Likes

he definetly said it was not index qaulity audio, he was very sure of it, its unlikely to change, otherwise the industry standard would be this headphone type.

This my question too. It seems to me that these high hz are not native to the screen and are using the brainwarp technique talked about in the kickstarter

1 Like

New Xtal coverage:

6 Likes

I’d REALLY like to see some coverage of the 8KX being played with something besides that damn airplane simulator.

7 Likes

I remember a member here backed some crazy good headphones. Index maybe good but will still not compare to Industry High quality buds.

2 Likes

I backed Ossic headphones on Kickstarter and after getting a few million bucks they closed down and never gave us our headphones.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/248983394/ossic-x-the-first-3d-audio-headphones-calibrated-t

So I get gun-shy with kickstarters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I remember that one. This one I think was last summer. Some kind of membrane? Or something.

What was Ossic made 100 units & collapsed shipping 0?

I added the headstrap with headphones to my pledge and opened a ticket to change to the deluxe headphones. The upgrade was 100 dollars.

1 Like

quest has two and they function the same. it would be more likely that the audio plug itself that would isolate the left and right channels

1 Like

Hello Dan,

We will soon post a update on all our models, please kindly stay tune on the discussion.
All problem will be answer throughout the discussion, as we are now sum up the questions by our users! Please spare some time with us and everything will be reveal real soon!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Hello Yata & Dan,

As update note on Artisan, it will be 1700 * 1440 !

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

also final extend date for backer upgrade plan would be good to know if possible.

2 Likes

Hello MicroM,

No worries on that, we will add this to our weekly update discussion!
You can check it once we post it at here.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.

don’t forget if possible to have some controller update, even if still are working hoping for this year, as even wireless was mentioned at CES.

3 Likes

Pimax p1:Series had 2 audio plugs. Either could be used for stereo audio out but p1 headphones used a single plug on each side.

It’s very interesting that the XTAL guy (VRengineers or however it’s spelt CEO) states they solved the issue of poor depth perception and eye strain by putting a lot more work into the warping algorithm.
My biggest problems with pimax hmd is no depth perception and crazy eye strain. Maybe it can be solved if pimax put enough work into their algorithms.

6 Likes

Isn’t that the same as the Cosmos?