First Pimax CES 2020 coverage from MRTV

15 Likes

so there are 2 audio plugs now for left and right. hope i can use my headset normally when plugging it into just one

3 Likes

Im slightly concerned that he kept saying the audio was “usable” and that it was comparable to the Rift S.

that may not be good enough for me, I want deep rich sound.

Can we easily buy the ear cup version (deluxe) and swap easily between them?

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA said they were interchangeable with the Deluxe ones.

5 Likes

I wonder if the Deluxe Audio Strap headphones can be placed off ear like on the Valve Index.

2 Likes

nice. Im getting a woojer audio strap so maybe it can compensate for the non deluxe audio by providing the bass.

I assume the MAS plugs into the headsets audio jack like the DAS does

4 Likes

I pledged for a strap too… :+1:

3 Likes

I was pretty sure of this about the Artisan, well done Pimax, this is going your top seller headset.

5 Likes

depends on the price did they announce it yet?

2 Likes

449$ without tracking and audio, 549$ with tracking and not sure about the audio
I was considering the price in what I said, of course

4 Likes

They would be silly to not allow you to do that just to save a few bucks(per hmd). The quest also has two audio jacks and it works fine.

1 Like

very smart. Better than the index in both specs and price and with the smaller fov probably eliminates any distortion.

I wonder if the MAS is compatible because that would leave no doubts

2 Likes

audio solution is “comparable to the Pimax 4K speakers”

2 Likes

it kind of has to because it needs to be compatible with existing 5k+ and 8k which only as 1 audio jack

3 Likes

the 4k have very good sound actually ^^
and
@drowhunter yes of course it is MAS compatible. :+1:

3 Likes

this slide fails to mention it.

7 Likes

Oh yeah right…hmm
Well, I dont see why it would not, the MAS is basically just a strap, unless it have no jacks.
Weird…but if no jack then no sound at all lol, unless you have to cut the cable to change sound system.

2 Likes

Ok was just thinking about this, Sebastian was trying one with the DAS on it…so…I guess they just forget to add it on the slide ? Maybe lack of space lol…but it is actually weird

3 Likes

If they where just wires then Kevin would not have specifically mentioned them in the interview. So you have nothing to worry about.

Fun thing, Sebastian just told Robin the same as I do to my followers, Pimax should keep only 2 headsets, the Artisan and the X. ^^
I am pretty sure the Artisan is going to be a big success :clap::clap:
The FoV
The refresh rate
The image quality (Index like, better than 5k+ according to Sebastian)
and…the PRICE !