First Pimax CES 2020 coverage from MRTV

Yeah, that would be optimal.
However, I don’t want to ask for mooore. Just an equally expensive option.
I believe Pimax is struggling enough economically.

4 Likes

You mean per Person at Home ;-).
Sure I felt the same and then I start to think -

• ok, I know one of my budys would get the Super, because of the fast refresh rats rates
  • the other likes Horror - OLED,
  • another wont bother if it is to expensive and needs a 5080TI Super to run, so if it all it would be an entry with the artisan.
  • I want NO SDE so I like the 8K X.

Basically I think you are right 3 (High, Mid, Low) would be enough - but i guess If you put up a “HMD” Configurator and let 10.000 People build a HMD to their budget you would most likley
need more then 6. I wouldnt mind an 8k OLED RGB with equivilant to 180Hz Refreshing :wink:

But I guess in time it will be reduced anyway to just something like 3 or 4 that sell well.
As soon as there is a 180HZ 8K Plus no one will need the 5k Super so then its like (High) 8k X, (MID) 8K + , OLED and (Low) Artisan.

6 Likes

Agree. For me Pimax offer is more less like 1 Headset model with options - mean different panels. Technology is the same , so no problem. HTC have 3 totally different models.
I dont like only 5k plus and 5k super price right now. Thouse headsets should be priced no more than 100$ more than Artisan. They don’t offer more than possibilty to use large fov which is not quite usable becouse of distortion and resources.

1 Like

Added to Spotlight Reviews. Mrtv thread as well.

8 Likes

I liked this trashing of the super180.

And I wonder if the 5K+ is going to be discontinued in favor of this model

1 Like

Not for a while. However both 5K+ and 5K Super looks much less competitive than Artisan.

2 Likes

Hello Tooohka,

We did notice Artisan had huge impact on CES, but there are currently no plan for discontinue on 5K series. If there are any update, we will make the announcement!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

I was expecting this about the Artisan according to its spec and the price.
And I can tell you, again, that the Artisan is going to be Pimax top seller, 8kX will be flagship but lots of people are interested by the Artisan and they are actually right. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello Ludx,

Thank you so much for showing support! We are glad to hear that!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.