Eye Tracking Release Info

Auf meine Bhaptics Weste aus Korea habe ich vor kurzem 19% Einfuhrumsatzsteuer bezahlt. Dazu gab es auch noch eine Vorlagegebühr von UPS von 12€.
Die Weste wurde als VR Peripheral eingeführt.

This is an unmitigated disaster.

So disappointed… I clicked the minute I got the email…

Really not happy with that

1 Like

June… 19%, jule 16%

Pimax limiting pre-orders? Not even a waiting list?

I made a ticket right after Pimax Now suggesting they should just contact the first 200+ backers directly until they run out. Nah, they need backers - you know, us impatient, unreasonable guys which pollute all their forums but there’s like only three of us - to beta-test their store, except they want pre-orders the same day - and charge for them? - because otherwise it’s not a realistic beta test.

I have seen dysfunctional startup from the inside, all the way through chapter 11, and man, I cannot even conceive on how this is possible. Three years! Most companies like this don’t last half as long.

But then. Magic Leap. This thing we call markets is really working.

2 Likes

someone posted an image of their dashboard showing the coupon and next to it it said “valid until 31/12/2020” or something to that effect, so I assume the backer discount is valid till the end of this year.

Ok. I give up for now.

2 Likes

Pimax have 2 weeks of stock because they can only sell one eye tracker per day :crazy_face:

Notice the website description under the image of the Eye Tracking module reads:

"This is just for the backers"

Question: Why are non backers reputedly able to buy the Eye Tracking module then?

And if so, might this explain how it sold out before backers could purchase and use their discount code?

I’m hoping it’s just a website traffic issue because otherwise, what was the purpose of advertising $100 discount on Eye Tracking for backers, if they’re then prohibited from buying Eye Tracking due to being beaten to the finish line by non-backers?

A most curious situation, hopefully with a simple fix.

Because Pimax have no idea what they are doing?

Non-Backers can use the regular store for pre-ordering.

2 Likes

As @MR-Alex says the module is also on the “normal” store:

It was announced here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/eye-tracking-is-finally-here/29327

1 Like

@JoCool
Ok, was man so liest sind es tatsächlich 16%.

“Temporarily out of stock”…

I couldn’t complete my order (Error 500 why clicking on “Pay Now” button) but whether you choose to ship it with de stretch goals, or as a stand alone parcel, to shipping cost to France is 25€ … pricy little thing.

1 Like

By the way, I only noticed now, but the shipping address enforce my Kickstarter alias as name … which isn’t my real name, but I can’t change it (it ask me to contact them when I try but there is no contact link, and the Support category redirect me to the non-backer store).

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra @SweViver

Would the Eye tracker ship with the new stretched goal pack?

Thanks

These are individual packages. Perhaps those that order this at some point in august can request we include it with the stretch goals. For now we are shipping these by themselves.

2 Likes

Thanks - My Pimax 5K is collecting dust until I get the KMAS :blush: - which is the only essential piece to start enjoying the unit

1 Like

It does not allow me to purchase it, it comes out as “Out of Stock”. When will it be available?