Eye Tracking Release Info

Next week and then you’ll be beaten to it by others again.

I’m getting frustrated.

There has to be a better way.

Why can’t Eye Tracking simply be offered to backers in an email? Do we want it, yes or no, here’s a link. Pay, job done.

It’s ridiculous we have to sit trying to beat others to it it a ‘race’ as there are thousands of backers and each time only a few hundred eye tracking units will be available.

2 Likes

An extra mail for everyone … Yes, it speeds things up. And creates a lot jobs. :smiley:

Can the order of the modules be offset against the pre order of the controller?

@telatech During the shipping step of the order, it was requested to choose between the “backer-special1” (or something similar) and standard shipping, so I assume the first choice is to ask for the module to be sent with the stretch-goals package.

But considering the shipping price is the same whatever the option you choose, I suppose it’s more interesting to ask for separated shipment (migh evade taxes for one of the shipment and you also get the eye-tracking as soon as possible … dodging the eventual issue of another delay).

Got mine pre-ordered (non-backer). My only concern is since Pimax changed their website, my 8kx preorder is on the “old” store (store.pimaxvr.com), while the eye tracker is on the “new” store (Pimax.com).

More available each time though. Each time it’s much easier to get in. No matter how you do it if you have 100 items and 1000 people outside the store a race of some sort will develop. If it were an email it would be the same deal - who clicks first.

A queuing system might work and that does largely stop the click race but really the true solution is to just produce them rapidly in quantities where the overall wait is small.

More than sufficient units being built so it will be extremely easy to get in for future batches.

5 Likes

Out of stock now? What the heck?

UPDATE : They tell me there are 2 links - one for preorder and one for backer. The link for backers attaches to the existing stock and next several batches. Pre-order link shipments 8 weeks out. So yes it is reserved for backers team just split it into two links. Next stock will become available next week and can be ordered via the backer link.

5 Likes

Using the backer link and still showing out of stock.

Once again, next stock will appear next week and that stock is exclusively available via the backer store page.

3 Likes

This makes no sense. Just allow backers to “pre-order” the Eyetracker and be done with it. No reason for backers to have to wait and all make a mad dash to order when “in-stock” drops. Zero reason. Just wastes everyone’s time and crashes a weak web store.

4 Likes

Yeah, seems like that would make more sense to me also. Just let backers preorder and fill the orders as the stock arrives next week.

Wouldn’t a preorder resolve this issue? You don’t have to have your website crashing. You don’t have to confuse people. You don’t have to explain anything. People don’t have to schedule their time around hunting for stock of the product, especially from a different time zone.

Just take preorders and be done with it. Why did you do preorders for everything else, and now suddenly change for this? What is the reasoning?

Preorders are available for stock that ships in 8 weeks, for stock that we have now its reserved for backers. While the methodology I recommended for this release is not being used it only has a very short term effect because the actual stock being manufactured is quite large. The ramp for the X, MAS, Eye and hand tracking are quite significant.

3 Likes

True, the method they’re using isn’t optimal, to say the least. Well, you did what you could, thanks for the information! Will wait till next week.

2 Likes

@PimaxUSA
I never got an answer to my question about the $50 more I had to pay for the 8kx by keeping my eye tracking coupon. Did all backers receive the eye tracking coupon regardless of what upgrade plan they used?

The team says they sent $100 eye tracking coupons to those who on record did not opt out.
It breaks down this way:
MSRP $229: (pre-order ships 8 weeks)
Backer $199: (~13% off, ships early)
Backer w/coupon: $99. (~57% off, ships early)

5 Likes

@PimaxUSA
Thanks for the answer!
I have another question. I have the 8k+ and 8kx I am wanting eye tracking for both. Can I use my 8k to 5k+ coupon on the second eye tracking and can I get a second one at the backer price of 199?

You cannot use that coupon on eye tracking or hand tracking at all in any way whatsoever. No method at all allows it.

2 Likes

Ok than, let’s wait next week…