[Extension confirmed to at least Jan 31st] Extend the Pimax upgrade program

The upgrade plans expiring really doesn’t have to be a factor if they don’t want it to be. People who already know that they have no desire to get one of the new headsets should just be able to let them now that. Their option to upgrade would then expire immediately and accessories could be shipped out to them. The real deal is that the accessories simply aren’t ready for whatever reasons.

1 Like

Where can i request the fan?

None of the stretch goals have been released for shipping yet - so currently you can’t. I guess they still counting how many do and how many don’t until they will announce something “reliable”.
But they announced on one of the piDays that it will 3D print the perscription frame only on request - which is stupid because why wouldn’t one request if not going the update route. Not better with the fan - it is not listed as official accessory, and doing a production run for just the backers doesn’t seem an economical reasonable thing - so if any it will be 3D printed, too. But still and with announcement of the comfort kit the purpose of the fan is somewhat obsolete. So IMHO it would have been a wise move to offer to send the comfort kit and silicone cover instead of standard face mask, fan+frame stretch, and the 3 pieces of content and all they’d need to supply was run off the mill SKUs and keep the vouchers open which in doubt would make them money. I could imagine we see something like this after CES when they see that (too) many or even too few still prefer to stick with their stretch goals and they can’t bail out too easy.

1 Like

Yes, i think you’re right.
Maybe leave the the stretch goals for what they are and turn them into a coupon, usable in conjuction with the eye tracking and wireless coupon for whatever we want.

Hi Martin, do you know what is happening to Matthew? He didnt post for 10 days and didn’t show up since almost that long also.

1 Like

Matthew is on the forum right now. @Matthew.Xu, can you please reply to these questions? Thank you.

3 Likes

We will update the extended date this week. Thank you.

5 Likes

Nothing like cutting it close, huh @Matthew.Xu?

Examples of why (some) backers are agitated with Pimax does not get much better than this one.

On the surface, this drama appears to be avoidable. Please help me understand why, at least in this circumstance, it’s not.

7 Likes

With regard to your question, I think it may take more powerful people to reply to you.
I will invite my leader @Konger to reply to your question.
Wish you a Merry Christmas.

5 Likes

@Matthew.Xu @Konger @PimaxUSA are you kidding us? We are 6 days from the end of the month and still no word on the extension? This company has literally 0 ability to do anything in a reasonable amount of time. Pimax constantly sends apologies that turn out to be meaningless. I’m sorry but Chinese companies get a bad rap for a reason and it turns out pimax is not exception. I think I’m done with this company. Pimax only has its self to blame for its horrible customer relations.

3 Likes

Please rest assured. As I said before, it will be updated this week. Thank you.

I think Konger @Konger will arrange for the update on the extension later. Thank you.

3 Likes

Fare thee well, by the way, Matt, and thanks for your work here. :7

2 Likes

@Matthew.Xu Thank you for all your support.
@PimaxUSA

@Konger, welcome and maybe you can provide some information regarding the “Extended” date. Is it a thing or not, so we won’t miss the upgrade opportunity.

Thanks

2 Likes

What is happening with the extension of the upgrade deadline ? Are Pimax still extending it as promised ?

1 Like

you know the (Work)week are ending today ???

Hi Peteo, and all,

Please don’t worry, I got a confirmation that there’s no hurry with the upgrade program and the deadline is extended at least until 31. January, after CES, we will confirm the final date.

B.R.
Konger

15 Likes

@Konger Any reason this took so long to confirm? For ages now there has been a giant countdown ticker on the storefront, is it any wonder people have been asking for a solid date?

4 Likes

Is there a countdown timer?

Edit. Never mind

1 Like

True, but Pimax seems to have trouble with dates. I trust them to make a decent VR headset and I think their intentions are good, but at this point I’m skeptical of any date they announce. I’m glad they’ve extended this offer though, since I’d like to see some reviews of the actual shipping product, before I invest in an 8KX.

9 Likes

Thank you. Now it’s time for you guys to get the final versions out to reviewers soon so we can make an educated call on if to upgrade or not

6 Likes