[Extension confirmed to at least Jan 31st] Extend the Pimax upgrade program

Received the email about delays, also kickstarter update #53 which says the “upgrade” program ends december 31st. In my opinion choosing not to extend the upgrade program so people have time to read reviews/hands on of these HMD’s is a bad move by pimax. Pimax should extend the “upgrade” and give backers the chance to learn about these HMD’s from independent sources before we order.

29 Likes

What if we are an 8KX backer?

@PimaxVR I strongly recommend you consider @peteo suggestion about extending the upgrade program. Thank you.

9 Likes

I second this. Extending the upgrade program until we have some independent reviews of final production units are available would be fair.

7 Likes

And information about wireless and extend cable for 8Kx hahaha

1 Like

Anyone try to order via the backer site lately? I was going to order an 8K+ since the X is delayed but when I get to the last step of the checkout I don’t see any button or way to complete it

I agree with @peteo , please give extension to the upgrade program to backers, after we see 8KX reviews. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes… another for an extension

4 Likes

Extension for the backer program and extension cable for the 8Kx… and I have my Christmas gift hahah

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m actually surprised that we are even having to make this request. It seems to me that the logical thing to do would have been to announce an extension of the upgrade program expiration date at the same time that the product delivery delay was announced. I don’t even understand the thought process behind doing it any other way.

7 Likes

Why limit to cable extension, wish and dream for wireless.

2 Likes

The most important problem is the deluxe audio option, how can you ask me if I want an headphone that no one’s ever listened? For an extra $100!

Oh, yeah, it’s modular and I could buy it later, with 50% of the value in shipping costs.

3 Likes

Because Pimax stands for Please Ignore Malfunction As Xception.

2 Likes

They have to know who is giving up the stretch goals so they can start sending them out. I hope. :upside_down_face:

Originally I thought that by end of 2019 there would be reviews from backers and 3rd parties who received the production model 8KX that I could read before I make a decision whether to utilize the upgrade program.

But now that the 8KX is delayed to March/April 20202 (and who knows how much longer), I am confident that I would rather wait until people have received their units and there aren’t any issues (eg. bad cables etc.) and it is actually in stock ready to ship to me rather than having to wait for production.

I definitely don’t want to give Pimax money now and have to go through all the stress like I did with the 8K wait all over again. Pimax don’t seem to understand how it feels to pay someone a non-trivial amount for something and then having no idea when you will actually get the thing that you bought.

And their estimates have almost never been correct in the past, so March/April 2020 can now be considered ‘best case’.

If they don’t extend the upgrade program, then it is more like telling backers to buy into another Kickstarter rather than giving us a discount. The discount isn’t near big enough to make me go through the pain of that again.

My mental health is more important than a bit of money.

9 Likes

I agree regarding the decision about deluxe audio. NO ONE has ever listened to it and it is extra $100. Maybe it is worth it, but no one knows and we have to decide now. Shows again why this is just another Kickstarter and again how bad Pimax treat their backers.

And everyday there are new posts from people still having problems getting any response from support. I wouldn’t want to be one of the first people receiving an 8KX and then finding out there are QA issues or cable issues or other problems with the first batch of 8KX units and having to contact support and then Pimax say they are ‘overloaded’ with support requests and having to wait weeks before they respond.

Stuff like that is why people just buy Index and say they never will buy or care about Pimax again.

5 Likes

Pimax: “Give me the money”
backer: “show me the 8KX”
backer: “no, show me 8KX first”
backer: “show me…”
Pimax: "Okay, fine (plug headset to outlet…Zzzzzzzzzzz…>>electrical disturbance>>). Šhit!
backer: wtf
Pimax: “Give me the money now!”
backer: “show me 8KX”
Pimax: “Give me your money a ** ****, you have til’ Dec 31st”
backer: “What? No way, show me now.”
Pimax: “I will…later.”
backer: “When?”
Pimax: “March” (evil grin)

15 Likes

Yeah I am struggling to make a decision on what to do . I have sold my 5k but this preorder is starting to feel like another Kickstarter campaign to me . Maybe I will just buy a Oculus Headset and wait until Pimax actually has a completed product that I can purchase and have delivered straight away .

6 Likes

Sounds like a good idea. You want to be able to play half life: Alyx when it comes out don’t you?

2 Likes