Droolon Pi1 Firmware Update

yes without RTX it doesn’t make much sense now, only once some third party SDKs like VRChat will integrate ET support so it can be used in in-game mechanics

3 Likes

It wasn’t even about complete product as things like the controllers had a different estimated delivery. When the Audio headstrap was unlocked we were not supposed to receive the cloth strap at all unless you paid extra to receive one. So while yes the Vive DAS works as a meanwhile. It should have never beem necessary. Especially since after all the wait; they simply based/copied the Vive Pro strap.

Hand Tracking was promoted as a ready to buy accessory that there wouldn’t be any wait required. Now sure with Leap being bought by Ultra and the transitioning has complicated things(almost a year after the 5k/8k release).

Controllers should have had main priority as these were also pre sold/deposit in 2018. As a KS backer sure waiting is often the norm.

However mimicking Sixense STEM is not and not a good example to follow. Though at least after 4 years KS Backers and Pre Orders received complete refunds(even though that is 0% gain on a 4 year hold on funds). Which in all likelihood they would have received $0 if Sixense hadn’t sold their research.

The ET no one was really pressuring them to release and tbh they should have had the software initial release ready for the folks whom first received them vs I think it was over 1 month to release the software to even have basic functionality. The headsets we knew the software was still not fully ready when we Backers agreed to a green light to release. We didn’t though anticipate the housing issue was still present from the beta testing. Nor did we whom backed a full package anticipate that the headset would be long out of warranty before MAS and Controllers were received. Some Backers had opted to wait on Full package being ready and had their headsets shipped to them ignoring the agreement pimax had in place. Receive now or wait for full package.

2 Likes

Well Oculus sdk already has ET and agnostic FR. Hopefully pimax can tap into those games that support it.

As the agnostic FFR built into some Oculus titles works. Of course in game support trumps driver upconverting. Along the same lines as filmed in 3d vs converted to 3d.

1 Like

Can you please re-post, I just got my eye tracking and would like to see what NOT to do.

1 Like

you still selling? or is the camel’s back still intact?

I got to admit , when I heard you say it didn’t fit with the comfort kit, I immediately thought It could be true because Pimax not thinking things all the way through would be no surprise.

I’m happy it was a PEBUAH error.
( Problem Exists Between User And Hmd)

It was pebuah, kinda.

My issue was that the 8KX has the top usb port blocked by a little peace of foam because it is not actually a useable port. If you have an 8KX you can carefully pick the foam plug out with some twesers or the like and the eyetracker will then fit correctly. The other headsets should not have the same problem.

But the comfort kit do need the little cut we’ve all known about for a while.

2 Likes

They released Half Life 3!!!?

Riiiight, my thumbstick doesn’t have click issues , I swear.

I guess never admitting there was a problem , lying and telling the world it was a feature and not a horrible oversight and then silently correcting the issue by swapping out parts and hoping nobody would notice is only something Pimax would do.

At least Pimax isn’t a billion $$ company and expected to make mistakes like this. But Valve? Give me a break.

1 Like

You could probably make twice as much since its discontinued.

2 Likes

Is this a fact, Or what?

whats the process for contacting 7invensun to dump log files?

@PimaxQuorra

1 Like

There is a glass insert that has been said to introduce reflections. While not confirmed it maybe just a place holder for prescription lense and might be able to remove it. Need someone to test. As the Droolon for the Vive doesn’t seem to have this lense.

2 Likes

I didn’t notice reflections but I wasn’t really ops on them when I was trying it out.

2 Likes

As written, I haven’t tried it myself. Good to hear that @BNP didn’t experience it!
Think the info comes originally from this posting: https://community.openmr.ai/t/eye-tracking-calibration-tool-does-not-reliably-track-eye-movement-pitool-263/29989/13?u=noamloop

1 Like

I’ll try to remember to look for it when I get home, just because I didn’t think of it doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

1 Like

Hm, perhaps better don’t try to find things that cannot be unseen, as long as they don’t disturb you - at least until there is a solution :upside_down_face:
@Heliosurge - yepp, would be interesting whether these lenses can be taken out, not sure what their purpose would be. @PimaxUSA?

1 Like

Maybe try not to post things like this unless you have personally experienced it , because it may not actually be true, and then word spreads out of control :innocent:

2 Likes

my stick on left controller started to malfunction & I have no access to guarantee as I hacked it to make a buy. Many anyway it’s one of the best controllers desings. CV1 broke so many times (stick on buttons) I had 4 sets of those controllers but they were best!

Sorry for offtopic

1 Like

Or maybe someone from Ppimax could just tell us … Nah.

(Or could you, @SweViver @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA ?)

1 Like

No , you cannot remove the glass , the camera on the vive ET is facing the other way towards the eyes and the pimax one requires a reflected image , not sure about replacing it with other lens but they don’t look like they’re meant to pop out easily.
Also possibly has the effect of better tracking the extra pupil movement range for the camera for the large pimax lens

3 Likes