Droolon Pi1 Firmware Update

The pdf suggests using a thicker face cushion for better results , not sure about that

1 Like

Iā€™ve preordered the G2 and when it is works well I will sell my 5K+ and my 8K+. I defnitely donā€™t buy the 8KX

1 Like

The eye tracking guide at Check and set DroolonPi1.pdf - Google Drive states that you cannot remove the lenses from the ET module.

7 Likes

Then it will be interesting to see how the prescription lenses are supposed to be fitted.

Is that the Droolon ET for vive? As there are I believe are a couple of ET manufacturers for it.

1 Like

I suppose you mean got it recognized, and possibly to work with one or two demo apps. But the main use case for the users around here will be applying DFR which so far doesnā€™t seem to work well, if at all.

You know, I do share your sentiment at the moment. I didnā€™t have much time for VR in the past weeks and it was too hot for the larger part of it too. But the time I could & liked to allocate to VR was filled with trouble-shooting, eye-strain & head-ache - not with actually playing, enjoying my time in VR. And many games wonā€™t even work properly. I am sure there is a lot I could do to make them work better, bt it is just really tedious.

This whole ET thing now is like the icing on the cake: in case anybody wanted to make it sound as if they had to hasten their development and push to make it available earlyā€¦ nope, they had 3 years time. So they take their time generously, and eventually release it, and it doesnā€™t fit the default 8KX but you have to cut holes, and when you switch it on - it doesnā€™t work, and even after tweaking it doesnā€™t really do what it is advertised to do.

This is just a very tiring experience.

I am getting to the point where I start to seriously consider to just let it be and go with an easy to use VR system. Probably I will keep the 8KX to see what how the eye-tracking and DFR perform once the alpha and beta phases of its development have been completed by the users.

(and yes, I get it that itā€™s a small company bla bla, but if you have too few resources donā€™t plan a mission to the moon, settle for going to Alaska instead - nobody said theyā€™d have to add controllers, eye-tracking, hand-tracking, smell-o-vision, coffee-roasting & dish-washing to their scope of features)

It will remain a cool tool for VR devs interested in what a large FoV adds to the equation and who love to tinker around and prefer that to a headset working out of the box, because it rewards them for their indepth knowledge of all things VR.

But for simple users ? Hard sell.

6 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/eye-tracking-how/29987/44?u=teigue

Just one person? Not too much people.

never mind several people already said it

1 Like

when i applied a bit of force to get a little more distance to the headset the calibration worked better, not great, not good, but better.

1 Like

there seems to be some space between the et lens and the headset lenses, iā€™m not sure if itā€™s possible to fit eyeglass lenses in there, maybe with a printed adapterā€¦

Amen. Well spoken

I see bad reflections in every scene with the eye tracker. Almost like a double image.

I still havenā€™t installed the eye tracker, but I just got an email from Pimax saying they will send me an additional component that should make it work.

1 Like

hilarious the bad reviews Iā€™m hearing hereā€¦so Iā€™ll keep my newly arrived eyetracker in the box until Pimax or Droolon fix the (3 years in the making) final product we find at our doorsteps recently :rofl: :joy:

I recieved some useless pdf from 7invensun telling me how to install the eye tracker which is not, at all, what the problem is. I responded back(politely) informing them its installed fine it just doesnā€™t work. Now starts the merry-go-round of back and forths with them misunderstanding my messages. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

comical familiarity 20 characters

1 Like

I just spend 3 hours in vrchat with the eyetracker mounted, normal fov. I did not perceive any reflections. Maybe the environment needs to be brighter for that to be an issue.

The infrared ledā€™s are visible if I look for them and if i look hard to one side the center led on the right eye will seem like itā€™s super imposed over your view from your left eye.

For some it may be a bother and It may be a problem with wide fov but I can honestly say that through the 3 hour session (in mostly darkish rooms, normal fov) I didnā€™t give it a thought at all.

5 Likes

Did you see the low quality part of the images?

1 Like

not sure if there was anything specific i should be looking for. I was playing a game in normal fov and nothing stood out to me as reducing image quality.

3 Likes