DMAS audio review

Are you modding the Kdmas or is this the Dmas? I recall you bought the 6Ohm BMR speakers Valve/G2 and presumably pimax is using.

If the kdmas to dmas mod do yiu have the tone issue you reported on the DMAS?

If this is the DMAS is it missing the dampening material?

1 Like

you can order just the cushions?

First try the audio was low, went in to windows and maxed it out and now the volume is fine, think the audio is good, better then DAS, bass is so so, if you cup them it is better.

And dont get why not Pimax add a driver that say Pimax DMAS or something like that and then mic Pimax mic or something, also add audio settings in pitools/experince :slight_smile:

Yes I know that sound is bad. Its only on my right ear. What about you?

Have you tried connecting the headphones via an extension cable directly to your PC?

when I do that the noise is gone. I think thereā€™s something going on with the HMD itself

Regarding positioning of the speakers. Did you see the email VR Ears sent out today?

Iā€™ll paste the important bits here

VR Ears are very different than headphones and so is the installation process, we can compare first time setup to that of early consumer drones or high-end speaker monitors. VR Ears does not press against your head and cannot be quickly thrown on and function well. They must be installed, positioned properly, and can take some time to optimize. We wanted them to feel firmly attached to the headset, like they are a part of it, but users could upgrade their next headset with VR Ears far into the future.

This is an example of the incorrect setup position; we can clearly see the clip is placed much too far back on the strap and the speaker is way below where your ear would be. (They think weā€™re idiots)

Correct setup position, VR Ears is on the 3rd click position and adjusted. LSToast: ā€œthey sound way better, comparable to Index but I would say a little lacking on bassā€¦they sound amazingā€

We cannot stress enough the importance of closely following the instruction manual and/or watching the video tutorial. The ā€œsweet spotā€ for optimum audio is fairly narrow, and it is important that you make sure that the center of the speaker driver is positioned directly over your ear canal.

Another important point is that VR Ears, as with most high-performance speakers, have a ā€œburn-inā€ period and after 40 hours of use the acoustic performance will improve dramatically , especially the bass response ! If you wish to speed up the process, we recommend playing this track on medium volume each day for 1 week:

I wonder how much of this would apply to the DMAS? Whatā€™s this nonsense about burn in?

4 Likes

I modding KDMAS!

Coming Soon !

2 Likes

Low no surprise they are quite testy with ppl when they donā€™t get a positive response. They cheaped out on adapters.

I heard some nonsense about burn in. :laughing:

1 Like

Cool thanks Timo. If I get some ambition will start experimenting as well. Am curious if pimax didnā€™t add any dampening material. That could explain the lack of bass.

The odd noise your getting is concerning. I am not experiencing it so suggests maybe some kind of noise maybe on 5v rail or receiving interference from something. Or could be a defective dmas set.

That burn in Video they suggest is 2 hours long. They recommend runing that for 3 weeks every day? :crazy_face: and magically your bass will sound better?

2 Likes

Just received this, going to install it after lunch and a really no frill feedback on how I feel it performs.

ps. gonna find the worldā€™s tiniest screwdriver first.

3 Likes

Yeah no just plain nonsense. Unless headphone and speaker companies do this in the factory prior to selling. :laughing:

3 Likes

It is a ph000

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimaxvr-mas-guide/34369/2?u=heliosurge

Had to dig mine out of my backer box

2 Likes

lol after some digging no i donā€™t have the worldā€™s smallest screwdriver and I donā€™t have a backerbox. Looks like Iā€™ll have to install it a bit later after paying a visit to my brotherā€™s house. Retail shops are still locked down here so buying one is abit of a task at the moment.

Hey pimax, include a tiny screwdriver in the box next time! Not everyone has a screwdriver this tiny! :upside_down_face: for a $100 usd accessory itā€™s not too much to ask!

But small issue, worst case is borrowing one from my neighbours.

2 Likes

I will go well with the tiny violin we will hear when the reality sinks in :violin:

3 Likes

Ok here we go

Pimax should put these in store lol

1 Like

That looks way nicer than my set! :+1:

1 Like

Ok here is my impression,

Build quality is top notch, premium material, holds comfortably in the hand, it is a great set of precision set. Would recommend this screwdriver set. :joy:

ok DMAS, stereo whine, sounded similar to like when a car stereo was not grounded properly, once there are sounds being played it would cover over this whine, but when in complete silence, this is very noticable and i would say itā€™s unacceptable for any, and i mean ANY headphone to exhibit this. Sound quality is very acceptable and sounded good quality with a good sound stage. Bass is very subtle, Iā€™m not a bass man so for me I wouldnā€™t feel this is a big issue for me.

I liked the off ear option, felt much more comfortable and cooler.

But the stereo whine, how does this get past the QA team?? this is beyond my understanding.

as a point of reference for my impressions, I own a set of sennheiser momentum 2.0 and a sennheiser hd6xx.

This just my quick fast impression, I felt the dmas is good enough, if it can loose the stereo whine.

3 Likes

Iā€™m lucky. I donā€™t have any whine. I wonder if some people are having a grounding issue or thereā€™s some sort of electrical noise on the USB line. The DMAS is acceptable, but Sennheiser equipment is in another league.

2 Likes

Iā€™m suspecting this as well. but none of the headsets Iā€™ve used prior has stereo whine this excessive.

2 Likes

the problem with the constant beeping or whistling ā€¦ I could not solve until now.

The new index loudspeakers also have it.

Maybe a little bit quieter.

When I connect the valve Index ā€¦ I donā€™t have this problem. itā€™s only at Pimax.

the problem could also be with the Pimax 8KX.

Maybe a bad production?

itā€™s crazy.

but the KDMAS index mod will be great for me.

only the constant sound in silence is terrible.

3 Likes