DMAS audio review

No. The problem is that feedback is not consistent between users. Some are having common issues(lack of decent bass) however other parts of your post was not consistent. It doesn’t mean your experience is not valid to you and others whom have a similar xp.

But we can do a deeper dive. Ie your speaker to headphone distance can be quantified ny having a friend measure distance. If you ear is too far away it will affect perception of mids as well as lows.

1. Comparing system and sound setup. Not all motherboards are made equal. For example I do not have interference when no sound present. So you might be getting noise from another source.

2. Poor connection creating issues. I had to reinsert right module 3x before it worked as only left was working. Seemed something was not making proper connection.

3. Other unknown elements like audio sensitivity compared to others.

So avoid applying idiot labels as it only makes you look bad. Your post to others whom are not xp issues that you are will presume unreasonable bias.

4 Likes

So my sound is significantly better now. It wasn’t a subjective thing of the audio quality being worse. There was 100% an issue with the sound. I swapped the USB connectors from the pimax splitter. Not sure if that’s what did the trick as I have been playing around with different windows settings all night, but I’d bet that’s what it was. Now it actually sound like speakers that maybe have slightly low bass. Overall good quality and I’m happy with the product considering the cups made my ears sore after extended use. But really, it would be great if Pimax provided better instructions and maybe a troubleshooting guide. I STILL don’t know what the audio splitter is for and if I should be using it or not.

6 Likes

I’m getting a constant high frequency ringing from the DMAS which I didn’t have with the SMAS.

Today I recieved and installed my DMAS into my Pimax 8k X which previously had the SMAS. I made sure to unplug all cables of the Pimax from my computer before installing.

The ringing level is independent of the volume level. Any suggestions here? Do I need to try reinstalling the DMAS or tighten the screws down tighter? I didn’t tighten too much since I didn’t want to strip them being so incredibly small.

Other than the ringing the audio sounds fairly balanced. I can see how gamers would want more bass but they sound fairly true to me. I run Sonarworks with a measurement microphone to run flat audio through my room speakers and 15", 500W, sub and my gamer friend thinks my setup doesn’t have enough bass. For that crowd you’d want to pump the bass a few dB. I also wonder if they need a breakin time just like most speakers and high end headphones.

1 Like

I can’t get rid of the whistling.

It’s terrible! The problem is only with DMAS. At KDMAS it doesn’t.

I wonder if it might be due to the 6 meter fiber optic cable.

Whether Pimax has even tested whether it also works with the 6 meter fiber optic cable ???

Maybe the problem is with this cable.

I have the 6 meter fiber optic cable from Pimax.

I’ll test the old Pimax 8KX cable later.

It might be possible … that there is a problem with the new 6 meter cable from Pimax.

Please watch the Youtube video.

Look at the quality. Compare the game between DMAS and KDMAS. The DMAS is totally shaky for me.

something like that shouldn’t be!

2 Likes

I just measured it and it’s a 1.7kHz tone. Pretty low frequency for any switching supplies. It’s almost a pure tone. It’s not the usual random high frequency stuff I’ve heard with bad grounding and cheap sound cards.

3 Likes

A constant tone can be heard.
The DMAS beeps all the time.
I’ve tried other USB ports as well.
The beeping is cruel.
It’s like tinnitus.
I can’t get it off.
It’s like in this video:

1 Like

Hello,

We can definitely hear the buzzing in the video.
Does this happen on both 8KX old cable and fibre optic?

We ran testing on these two cables and identified no unusual issues or the beeping sound.

Did you install any accessories such as ET/HT on the headset?

3 Likes

no, I have no accessories connected.

I’ll test it later with the old Pimax 8KX cable.

I’m still at work for another ten hours.

3 Likes

Hello,

Cool. Please keep us informed once you’ve tested with the old Pimax 8KX Cable.

At the same time, I will send your issue to the engineering team and request that they investigate the buzzing.

Regards.

3 Likes

To fix my problems I had to pinch the sides of the pogo pins on the dmas earpiece connector with tweezers (so make them stiffer and taller) to make better connection with the pads on the head strap socket. been smooth sailing since then.

8 Likes

Yesterday I was playing Rainbow Reactor and had to drop the volume to 30% as the audio was so loud it was hurting my ears.

I agree that there may be a lack of bass compared to earcups but its still vastly better than the SMAS.

@PimaxUSA is right, I doubt thar VR Flightsim guy was sponsored @vulcan78 listen to what he says here about Quest 2 sounds better than DMAS

As a matter of fact, he may be added to the blacklist like MRTV.

heres the whole audio clip which touches on everything everyone here has said about the DMAS

1 Like

It’s not I also have the whistling and I don’t have fiber optic. ( I actually need to buy one the cable isn’t long enough)

1 Like

How? You opened them? plus im afraid that it might cost half the cost of the Headphones to return it.

Worst part is this horrible refund policy. Even if I wanted to refund it likely would cost 50% of the purchase price to return it.

Returns

Customers can apply for a refund within 15 days after receiving the goods. However, we will deduct the freight to the customer ($50) and the cost of materials that cannot be used for re-sale (for example the foam: $15) from the refund, and the customer needs to bear the returned freight and taxes.

If the return area is beyond the outlets of Pimax after-sales (EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, UK, South Korea), the customer will be responsible for the tax which incurred while returning the goods.

To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.

Look the video

I have now also tested the old 8KX cable.

the humming or whistling remains.

it makes no difference whether I use the old 8KX cable or the new fiber optic cable from Pimax.

I have now screwed the headphones on and off several times. Screws are tight too.

However, it does not wobble on the screws. But it wobbles in another place.

2 Likes

Yeah don’t think sponsored sa e what he said that pimax sent him a kit.

Well, to be fair, he didn’t say that the Quest 2 sounded better, he said that the Quest sounded really good in comparison and was really close. Sounds like when working correctly, the DMAS should have really good mids and highs, with lacking bass.

2 Likes

Have you used them or are you seriously attempting to rebut what I and other who have used them are saying simply using anecdotal experience from another person?

I honestly don’t care what he said, I trust my own ears, these are garbage compared to both the KDMAS and Index nearfield speakers. Transferring the cups from KDMAS over to DMAS and KDMAS still sounds better. The open back speaker design of DMAS means that sound escapes out the back of the speaker, it does vibrate more as a consequence to attain the same level of sound output as KDMAS, and that rattling and popping doesn’t sound good.

2 Likes

Yep, these two 5 star reviews are guaranteed reviews of Pimax employees with alt accounts, there’s no f’ing way anyone would give this garbage 5 stars. Let’s see if you can see my 1 star review there, I doubt it:

No refund means not only will I go out of my way to give this garbage-ware the criticism it deserves but I will also post a review to MY youtube channel.

2 Likes