DMAS audio review

I feel for you guys with the DMAS speakers Whine problem. You have to make tickets with Pimax to let them know that it’s a problem and Hopefully they’ll sort out.

I have the KDMAS speakers and so far have had no issues, knock on wood. The ear cups that come with them really do help with the overall sound.

Pimax should of just got the drivers from the Index and used those but I wonder if the audio amplification chip is strong enough to power them assuming that’s how it works.

1 Like

I’m actually “downgrading” to Kdmas so my HMD is usable.

@hammerhead_gal has the team finished discussing how there going to resolve this issue? Ie approve RMA on the 8kX that are known now to be defective?

1 Like

So the thread starts out with the lamest audio test video ever. Even the (referred to) music test is a joke. None of that video would even expose the whine “22 of the 24” reports here mention exists.
I do notice after the usual failed attempt to suggest there isn’t a problem the next Pimax response is to go off topic then disengage. Meanwhile the numbers are starting to speak for themselves.

If Pimax still has trouble admitting when something isn’t quite right then I fear for what ever they produce next year. Come On Now!

5 Likes

So do I, so this time round I will wait for actual everyday users to give their feedback on the 12K before I even consider Pimax again. Next year will hopefully also see Sony back in the game as well as Varjo to consider. The savings seen in a Pimax trade in program sounds good up front yea (barring the possible scenario of having to send in your 8Kx first) until you sit back and weigh that against a running history of the usual Pimax way of dealing with issues or following through on earlier promises and commitments. Pimax is always looking forward…that’s good. But not at the expense of existing customers.

6 Likes

Hello

Good news for problems with whistling or whining from dmas!

ATTENTION!

The problem is solved!

I’ve reported a lot about this problem! The whining comes from Pimax 8KX! Apparently the problem is defective hardware. Maybe a production problem!

Pimax Support sent me a NEW 8KX!

The problem is gone!

So to everyone out there with whining in the sound!

Open a support ticket !!!

Many thanks to the great support!

thank you very much Pimax Support!

13 Likes

Awesome glad to hear they finally got it sorted out.

Congrats

2 Likes

did you have to send back the 8kx first? what about the shipping charge?

2 Likes

Yes, you have to send the 8kx back first.

All I had to do was send it to a Pimax store near me.

You may have to pay the shipping costs yourself.

Then please write to support. create a ticket.

They will help you!

6 Likes

When was your 8kx purchased? seems the early batch has this whine issue and the earliest 8kx is over the warranty period, but the issue is QA or manufacturing defect it seems.

Maybe pimax can explain a bit it’s stance on the dmas issue on the early 8kx batch?

3 Likes

Yes the early pimax 8kx units seem to have that problem,also on the newer builds you dont need the splitter cable on the the DMAS or the KDAMS to sound good…

So there must be something different

4 Likes

It was one of the first 8KX series.

1 Like

thanks for sharing the information.

2 Likes

So the issue is with the 8kX ? or the headstrap?

How much was your shipping? Did you have to pay VAT?

I’m wondering if I should save money and send it back when the 12k is released. I don’t know if I feel like playing “mystery box” with my 8KX. I would probably be trading one not so annoying problem with a larger one

1 Like

The problem for me was ONLY THE 8KX. Dmas works fine! Only 8KX defective.

Shipping cost: 20-30$

3 Likes

Both ways?

only one way. I just have to pay for that to be sent.

I got a new 8kx from Amazon for free.

5 Likes

Got my DMAS now! But can’t install it yet.
Which screwdriver is needed for removing the SMAS? Tried several ones I have but none fits.
If they use non standard screws it could be expected to add a matching screwdriver - or at least provide a guide that specifies which tools are needed…
Would e.g. this set contain the needed screwdriver? Electronics Repair Tool Kit: iFixit's Essential Electronics Toolkit

1 Like

You need a ph000 of memory serves.

If you received tge backer box with kdmas there is a screw driver in that box.

2 Likes

Thank you! No, didn’t receive a backer box, bought the upgrade path to keep my 5k+ loaner (which meant one doesn’t get the box anymore).
So the ifixit kit above should do the trick, think I’ll order that one then.

1 Like