DMAS audio review

@PimaxQuorra I’ve been waiting for a response on my support ticket #20621 for 25 days regarding this issue… is there anyone else I can flag this to? I have the same issue as @Timo.H1 and require a replacement.

1 Like

1 month has past since the december update about ‘acknowledging’ dmas whine issue

Hello,

Please allow me to read through the ticket conversation in order to comprehend the entire situation.
We’ll talk about it with support to figure out how to fix it.

Edit: Adonis has shared a solution via ticket, please give it a try whether it could eliminate the whine issue.

Regards.

1 Like

“Edit: Adonis has shared a solution via ticket, please give it a try whether it could eliminate the whine issue.”
Maybe share this solution with the forum since after almost a month Pimax has come up with what?

Given the number of reports and the replacement of the 8KX (in at least @Timo.H1 's case) it would be interesting to hear what other straws Pimax is grasping at.

I don’t believe for a minute Pimax doesn’t know what the cause is. Not when they have at least one faulty hmd in hand.
I sense a desperate effort to avoiding replacing too many 8KXs.

6 Likes

Hi.

I have just received the DMAS after struggling with the Customs office in my country for more then 2 months to get it released… had to pay additional 50 USD in VAT even though i did pay VAT for them when i did receive the 8K X, so it was double VAT for me on the DMAS :frowning:

But the real Problem are that i also got the whining sound… and i have also concluded it comes from the 8K X as it sound disappear and the speaker works if i connect it to another sound device…

my serial number are 2075002370XXXX (last 4 replaced with X)

I have Created Ticket 23241 for this issue.

@PimaxQuorra Could you Please Copy paste Adonis solution to this forum so we can try it?
Unless it did not work any way… then please tell us so we know.

3 Likes

Ensure your ticket includes the extra Vat charge. Likely you will need an RMA on the headset.

1 Like

Hello,

1. Make sure the earphones are properly connected. The left earphone should be only plugged into the left audio jack, likewise to the right earphone.

2. Ensure that the screwers are securely connected.

3. Do not use the Y spilitter that comes with the KDMAS to connect the DMAS.

After you’ve completed all of these steps, please contact our technician. They will assist you flash the firmware based on your headset model and Pitool version.

Regards.

Hi

I was sugested to do the same in the ticket, and had alredy done the most of it by my self.
and the last few things did not solve the issue. including the firmware update ( i was strangly asked to update to the same version as i already had in the 8K x)

FYI i do not have the KDMAS so i do not have the Y splitter…

So I still have the sound :frowning:

But Thangs for the suggestions. Hope your technicians do have another solution that works

Hi.

Just an update.

Apprently the great solution are to ship me an KDMAS!!!

I have aceppeted to recive an free KDMAS… bu have also stated in the ticket that this are not an real solution to the problem… but this seem to be ignored.

Do you other with the same problem have the same experince with the support for this problem?

Ask @PimaxQuorra & @hammerhead_gal to look into this. Like @Timo.H1 they should be RMAing the 8kX .

I was offered the same thing, and ill be honest I was disappointed. Yes if you use the splitter the sound goes away but its STILL there in the slightest. If you choose not to use the splitter and natively hook it up like the DMAS the whining is present if not even more than the DMAS because of the cups.

This audio has left a bad taste in my mouth that support awaiting another video, just tired of the back and forth.

Maybe you will fare better but I think RMA is the solution, I will likely document today as it not working is as upsetting as not using it.

1 Like

The good news is that, that is (some sort) of acknowledgement that the situation is
considered serious.
The bad news is that, although you will apparently have more bass with the KDMAS, it’s sound quality is nothing to write home about, so I agree with you that it’s not a real solution if they have to substitute to with a lessor model.

1 Like

I’m honestly really pissed off right now - look at this crap:

Sent: 18 January 2022 03:29
To: XXXXX@gmail.com
Subject: Re: DMAS high pitched whine

Hi XXXX Plews,

Good day(●’◡’●)

​I‘m Shirley,from after-sales group.

​Our technical supports suggested your 8KX should be returned to us and get replaced.

​Could you please check your shipping address and give me a back?

and after I chase for the label for 11 days I get this:

Sent: 29 January 2022 08:05
To: XXXXXXX@gmail.com
Subject: Re: DMAS high pitched whine

Hi XXXX Plews,

So sorry for your waiting time.

Our supervisor checked the application and declared we should make a swap of the DMAS earphone.

​We are going to have Spring Festival holidays and will back to work at 8th/Feb

At that time,my colleague will update your return label.

And please return the faulty DMAS earphone back to us.

The support supervisor is overriding the advice of their own technical division, suggesting a high pitch whine comes from a faulty DMAS, which I have proven is fine with any other audio source. We know full well this is an issue with an early batch 8KX. They are just trying to save money but it will end up costing more money and time unless they are trying to wriggle out of fixing this for me, leaving me with the most expensive paperweight I’ve ever wasted my time on. @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA will you PLEASE communicate with your support team what is going on here.

4 Likes

That gave you the confidence to invest into a 12k I bet :thinking:

8 Likes

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I shall take a look at your case, and discuss with the support supervisor on the final decision.

Is it the same ticket #20621?

Regards.

1 Like

foreshadow of 12K return program?

If the supervisor has the better technical understanding than their own techs then @PimaxQuorra should have been communicating with that supervisor otherwise what a waste of time.

This back and forth support hasn’t changed in 4 years. Weeks (and longer) of exchanging emails with people who either don’t understand the issue or don’t have the authority to make decisions.
Perhaps Pimax has some sort of head of operations that could maybe say try improving operations,

4 Likes

Yes this is ticket #20621.

Thanks

1 Like

Team is all celebrating CNY so just a skeleton crew at the moment.

2 Likes

Indeed though this issue is long before CNY. It is ashame they have given him a problem when the solution was clear long ago.

2 Likes