DLSS - supported VR games list [updated]

6 Likes

cool. I noticed this but it has no effect on the VR mod.

Edit - Looks like its not gonna happen

2 Likes

Our wet dream is someone somewhere somehow implement DLSS at shader lvl (or a FSR “injector”) for any game !

This can literally double performance in VR games, SPECIALLY in older titles like Fallout4VR

2 Likes

read this

3 Likes

This will be glorious !! Better FFR working with FSR/DLSS will be a new golden age.

1 Like

Imagine if they fix the eyetracking and get it working with DFR.

The latest version of open FSR even added adjustable FFR radius.

2 Likes

Latest version of FSR? Are you referring to another version of this GitHub - fholger/openvr_fsr: Add Image Upscaling via AMD FidelityFX SuperResolution or NVIDIA Image Scaling to SteamVR games or the official FSR from AMD?

1 Like

OMG is already HEREEEEE

What is already here?

Sorry, i ended up mistyping.

I was discussing with drowhunter the possibilities implementing FFR in conjuction with FSR and then theSelf just posted that someone already done it LOL.

That’s why i love the VR community.

I’ve just tested and althought the result is very similar to the already awesome CAS filter, we now have EVEN MORE options to find that sweetspot.

Worth mentioning that FFR in the Pitool was restricted to at least a 2000 series Nvidia Card and now anyone can use it. That’s a SERIOUS improvement.

If they somehow implement this with eye tracking it will be EVEN better, but only the future will show…

4 Likes

From the readme on the very github you linked.

A part of the overhead of FSR can be mitigated by using a sort of “fixed foveated” optimization where only the center of the image is upscaled by the more expensive FSR algorithm, while the edges are upscaled by cheaper bilinear sampling. This can be controlled in the mod by the radius setting, where anything within the radius from the center of the image is upscaled with FSR, and anything outside is upscaled with bilinear filtering. Due to the natural loss of clarity in the edges of current HMD lenses, even with a fairly small radius you will probably have a hard time to tell the difference.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If I’m not mistaken this should be the first game implementing both nVidia DLSS and AMD FSR, so we can compare.

5 Likes

First post updated with summary list of all reported titles

3 Likes

In the near future, a new Assetto Corsa Competizione update will introduce support for NVIDIA DLSS, boosting performance by up to 2x at 4K when using the game’s “Maxed Out” graphics preset.

8 Likes

That’s impressive. Wish they would get it to work for iracing.

1 Like

I wish they would get it working for skyrim VR

2 Likes

Do we know when exactly this is due?

It was my understanding that the DLSS feature was enabled by yesterday’s driver release, is that not the case?

1 Like

This sim need proper AA method for example MSSA x8 (like in orginal AC experimental AA method provided via Content Menager) All AA types included in ACC gives me a blurry picture.
It looks sharp only with AA off and sharpening around ~160 in game settings and resolution 3750x3100 per eye in SteamVR. With this setting in normal fov I have stable 90hz at most tracks when hotlaping but during race with 24+ cars it drops to 65 fps and is playbale only when when switching to 75 hz mode.