Cyberpunk 2077 VR Enhancement Guide

Thanks for the instructions…I’ll give it a shot after work today!

Now trying to decide if I should pick up a 3080 12GB card for $1300 or just continue to wait for either lower prices or the 40 series cards at this point…

1 Like

There might be some on the forum.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/reshade-guide-for-8kx/38209?u=heliosurge

https://community.openmr.ai/t/vrperfkit-discussion/38051/7?u=heliosurge

that 0 at the end I’m not sure of i removed it not sure if it makes a difference

1 Like

I think the 8kx should come with a 3080. Without it must be aweful. I feel like you may have to wait more than a year for 40xx just due to the TSMC competition and crypto hacks.

guys when you open steam pause the 4.2gb update very quick set cyberpunk to update only on launch and then close steam completely and launch the game from the exe in the bin folder without steam to continune to play,this update broke most mods from nexus that you might have used including lukes mod.

1 Like

Apparently Luke’s mod is fine with the update

2 Likes

yeah he confirmed,im still not gonna update cause i use like 12 mods from nexus and they usually are broken after an update

1 Like

Bump @PimaxQuorra could be usefull to check for those bugs… since i did not read a response I thought I might bump it up again - maybe its already looked into, but cant hurt to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please note the bugs he fixed or provided work-arounds for are related to pi_server. The REAL question is why did he have to FAKE an OCULUS to get performance? SteamVR is how we play everything else. What huge performance bug looms in Pimaxs implementation of SteamVR that when we switch to steamVR in his mods our fps gets tanked! PIMAX is this affecting all my games and tanking my fps quietly?

1 Like

try opencomposite and tell us if it improves anything

1 Like

Vorpx mod should be fine too, but the version of CET broke with the update, but apparently updating CET to the latest fixes the mod.

He also reposted a new version that comes with the latest CET bundled.

It’s times like these I am happy I bought my copy from GOG. It doesn’t force you to update like Steam does.

1 Like

I have Vorpx but never got it working right in any game. Should I try again? What’s CET?

Tried to download OpenComposite Launcher: {“message”:“Artifact not found or access denied.”}

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re aware, Vorpx has a feature called DirectVR for some games. It’s basically a 1 click solution to automatically configuring games. I recommend Fallout 3 or New Vegas, Bioshock 1 or 2, the Metro series, these all have DirectVR. Others do too, there’s a list online somewhere that says which ones do.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve ben using a 1080ti with it for the past year and a half. I’ve enjoyed it but I’ve had to turn settings down in most games so I know i’ve been missing out on what it can really do. I did find a higher end EVGA FTW 3080ti for 1300 (before tax) so I ordered that for now. Supposed to arrive in 2 weeks. Still not totally sold on spending that much for a GPU with the rumored 40 series coming up later in the year but I really would like to start experiencing more of what the 8KX can really do.

1 Like

for real i just tested in red dead 2,steam vr vs oculus,damn near from 55 fps to 66,crazy difference i wonder if the same steam bugs affect performance in normal vr games and we dont even know about it.

hmm… doesn’t seem active in a year. I was able to download the source. Maybe you can compile it with visual studio

1 Like

The Cyberpunk vorpx mod is using CET mod.
Cyber Engine Tweaks at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

you don’t need to download it though since it’s included as of the latest version.

Also this Vorpx mod is not the same as standard Vorpx. Its game specific and separate. It should more or less “just work”

1 Like

Oculus mode haa always had better gains than Steam. Iirc it has to do in part to OpenVR’s overhead. You won’t notice this on non Pimax Hmds as only pimax has compatibility for both platforms.

I’d have to find it. But there was a space game that waa or is broken in SteamVR mode but works great in Oculus mode. I almost refunded it as it was completely unplayable in SteamVR mode.

Iirc @TheIronWolf i think he might have said he used to be involved in Opencomposite.

Since most games now have an Oculus mode it is likely not being developed any further.

1 Like