Cyberpunk 2077 VR Enhancement Guide

Here’s the thing. You shouldn’t have to. The 8KX has eye tracking too and whatever he does to support eye tracking on the toolkit ahoukd work with Pimax too.

Except for the fact that Pimax hasn’t been doing alot lately to fix or imprive their drivers.:rage:

I mean theoretically the boost in frame rate DFR could offer the 8KX shoukd be greater due to the much larger fov it’s rendering.

Not to mention if Asobo could take the effort to support Canted displays.

I cant remember the guys name, but he hacked the Pimax Eye Tracking driver to improve it a little.(I saw no improvement) But why is it up to us to fix driver bugs.

PimaxUSA endorsed the hack as well, which leada me to believe that Pimax is ok with this and has no plans to fix or support their hardware which we all paid $ for.

The 12K is using Tobii and it very well may work this time but its hard to swallow that the current eye tracking module simply was sold, immediately unsupported and the company has silently dropped support for it.

Not a good look.

If you suddenly lost sight in one eye IRL. Would the real world feel like a television?

Stereo vision is only one way the human brain perceives depth.

Focal distance has alot to do with it. But we are a ways off from lightfield tech.

Yeah but then you dont get motion tracking or huge fov

True about the eyevtracking worse yet i covered the lenses…another barrier as my eyelashes clean the lenses

@guppyexpress is the fellow your referring to.

The hardware is not really pimax’s. It is a 2 part mess. With 7invensun (@7invensun-JC ) & pimax needing to fix the rushed ET.

That being said pimax should opensource a variety of things to allow better forward momentum.

Had they properly opensourced the pitool interface we would have had a PE interface long ago with continued development and forks.

With the 12k we should in theory be in better shape as Tobii is much more active in ensuring there hardware works properly vs it seems the partnership with 7invensun whom is also baf with communication and support.

1 Like

Not true you see depth even with 1 eye blind. Just not as good as 2.

Can’t tell which part of my post you are referring to, as I believe this is what I said.

1 Like

My bad misread lol. …

2 Likes

This post by Luke Ross may solve your issue

Update Mar 20: If you’re a Pimax user and want to get rid of the black hairline on the left and right sides of the HUD, AND you feel comfortable with hex editors like HxD , you can patch the pi_server.exe file yourself: while PiTool is not running, just modify the byte at offset C97CB from 04 to 03 and save the file. Please only attempt this if you know what you’re doing, otherwise you run the risk of breaking your Pimax software installation. You’ve been warned!

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks I saw that post. I’ve never used a hex editor before so I’m not going to worry about it. It really is very easy to ignore the black lines, so I don’t want to risk screwing up my install when everything else is working fine.

2 Likes

walked around for like 2 hours in mafia DE,3400x3400 res,CAS reshade with latest luke mod with the oculus pimax workaround,60 70 fps very sharp feels great,played it flat before but didnt even realise the city is so huge almost broke my neck looking at the tall buildings,now that im thinking if he does assasins creed origins cant imagine to just walk around in egypt,or in ac unity in paris with all those npcs in that time period,feels like time travel,i think ac even has a educative mode with no hud or anything just for exploring the world.

3 Likes

Its less difficult than posting a reply…use a hex editor, edit the file at the indicated line…as you would a text editor on a typo.

1 Like

Per Luke: “I always send the full frame rate that the headset expects. So for instance, if you have an Index set to 120 Hz, I will send 120 fps to EACH eye. The trick is that the world will be correctly reprojected at the above-mentioned full frame rate, and only the unpredictable information (like NPCs moving around) will be updated at the much lower frequency generated by the game. That makes 60 fps mostly look and feel like 180 or 240 fps, again apart from what’s moving in unpredictable ways inside the world. Binocular overlap has nothing to do with it.”

2 Likes

So who was right then lol?

No idea. But thats what Im admitting - i have no idea

2 Likes

Yeah its easy,
1.Download HxD
2.open it as Administrator
3.Locate the file in C:\Program Files\Pimax\RunTime\pi_server.exe
4.Press Ctrl+G to GOTO Offset and type in C97CB (make sure there is no 0 at the end)
5.It will then put your cursor exactly where you need to change it should say 04.
6. Type 03
7. Save

It will create a backup for you called pi_server.bak so worst case scenario you could just roll it all back.

3 Likes

Never mind all of that… I would just do Swanton jumps off of towers into bails of Hay all day :slight_smile:

giphy

2 Likes

I found it at C97CB0 offset then in column 0B is that how it works?

1 Like

Took me 5-10 mins.
Quit PiTool.
Make sure to run HxD as administrator by right-clicking the shortcut to start HxD.
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Pimax\Runtime\pi_server.exe
Make a backup by copying it and naming it whatever you like.
Drag the original Pi_server.exe into the HxD window.
Search for C97CB, which will lead to offset C97CB0 with a column to the right with “04”.
Change to 03 and it will change the text to red color.
Click Save.
Reload PiTool.
Load up your favorite Luke Ross Mod
Black line gone!

2 Likes

Anyone have good presets they like to use with reshade?

1 Like