Cyberpunk 2077 is a really good game! (Also supports VorpX)

Nope, just a 2080 and an 8700K. Not a bad setup, but no speed demon either.

2 Likes

Dmel42 found out you can set the fov inside the options.json beyond 100 but says after around 130 the quality is effected. (VR use)

6 Likes

I would say after 140 degrees is when you might start to see some objects popping in and out of periphery.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a mod on the nexus that can set the FOV to 150?

3 Likes

That’s just replacing the options.json file with the modified one. Something you can easily do yourself by doing Ctrl + F, searching for “FieldOfView” and then modifying values.

3 Likes

Hey check out this footage comparing the demo they showed in 2018 with the final version.

Its amazing this is the first time the real game ended up looking better than the tech demo.

Also I bet that 2018 version might have worked on last gen consoles like it was supposed to.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cyberpunk+2077+trailer

I find it crazy that the first trailer of cyberpunk 7 years ago looked the same as the release version oO
Back then I though it was a render lol

1 Like

DLSS is potentially even more important than ray tracing for me, it’s really amazing how good this game looks and runs on low end rtx hardware.

My laptop with an rtx 2060 pulls playable frames in 4k with RTX on, settings @ high when DLSS is set to ultra performance. Literally 1FPS at native. Honestly I cant imagine complaining about how this game performs given how good it looks… but I’m sure most of the complaints come from 10 series or AMD users. Certainly there are some ugly temporal effects on per/ultra perf mode, but in 4k on a big screen TV you will not notice.

Overall sad to see the reception where it’s at currently, but it’s understandable given most users hardware configurations. I haven’t had my mind blown like this since Crysis, and the game itself is really really good

i still don’t know how DLSS works. How does AI scanning a game work to make it look like 4k but run 1080p.? It’s magic i tell ya.

yeah i doubt it looks as bad as a VHS tape that was rented out 1 too many times,

As someone who has taken an introduction to AI course and is studying for a final exam on Saturday. I can give you a broad explanation.

What happens first is a training set gets made of tens of thousands of pairs of 1080p and 4K images/videos. This gets fed into the AI system to learn. With a neural net of hundreds of thousands of nodes, it initially assigns random weights to these nodes and starts guessing how to turn a 1080p image into 4K. It compares the result it produced to the actual 4K image. If its off, the weights get adjusted. This process of trial and error is repeated many thousands of times until the AI has learned the values of the weights that need to be adjusted to upscale an image.

After it is well trained, it’s then given a test set of unique 1080P images to upscale to 4K to see how accurately it does the job.

So yeah AI is pretty amazing. There are many layers of neural networks at play.

Since GPUs are becoming more powerful now, they are capable of handling bigger AI tasks than were previously possible.

5 Likes

@drowhunter https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/fvgl4w/how_dlss_20_works_for_gamers/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I found this to be a good read! Makes me want to learn some AI like dmel… maybe I’ll pick up the Nvidia jetson

1 Like

This game is amazing but has nasty sideeffects. It‘s like opening a giant rift in space continuum where you totally get lost and loose any sense of time.

4 Likes

So is the training data shipped with the game code for the nvidia tensor cores to run?

are the tensor cores like having AI in the video card?

or is the trained data part of the driver download?

obviously something is being run in real time?

So do you think that after enough time the ai will be capable of upscaling a game without needing to see train it first?

You would think after learning to upscale dozens of games it would be able to do it to all of them.

This part caught my eye from that article.

more reason I cant switch to AMD .

1 Like

According to the latest video from Gamers Nexus, CP2077 supports DLSS 2.0, which does not need game specific data for inferencing.

2 Likes

yeah I saw that.

Di you think nvidia can lend that Ai to CDPR to fix the mess pointed out by this article?

holy cow I heard chirps here and there about the Ai but god I didnt realize it was this bad.

Imagine Rockstar made cyberpunk instead.

Playing GTAV REAL Mod I got closer to the world than I have ecer been. Ive just been walking around listening to npc conversations on the street. Driving around and its more breath taking than Keanu.

But this? How is it possible for a game from xbox 360 era to look better and play better than this? on all systems not just pc.

CDPR’s rep just got destroyed in one week. Should have been a PC and next gen exclusive and delayed for 6 months.

maybe a patch in the future will improve this. but not anytime soon since their devs are probably being put into hellish crunch to work through chrismast holidays to fix the game.

Police AI is bad, so are citizens AI. Honestly though, it’s not meant to be a killing spree simulator. The AI has not yet ruined my immersion into the game.

Agree though - no game has done it but this should have been ps4 pro and xbox one x exclusive for last gen.

wait till it shows up on switch.

I’m enjoying the game (on my monitor for the moment). The overall scope of the title is ambitious and will take time to fully realize. Incredibly difficult to implement bleeding edge-gen and older-gen within the same title.

3 Likes

Sound’s like thie 8KX

man look how much more R.E.A.L. GTAV is

i wish rockstar made cyberpunk.

Maybe with enough patches CP can get to this level?

4 Likes