Cyberpunk 2077 is a really good game! (Also supports VorpX)

Really?

Thats kind of like owning a ps5 and a series X and deciding to get rid of the switch.

The quest has its advantages. Such as wireless VR (huge), standalone capability (also huge) and Facebo…

oh nevermind…hope you get a good price for it.

4 Likes

So do you think I can play it with an over clocked 2080ti with vorpx ? My son says it’s awesome on a monitor.

1 Like

Probably. I’m still experimenting but I’ll make a video guide tomorrow.

4 Likes

Are you thinking it’s worth playing with vorpx?

2 Likes

Good question. I don’t think my setup is powerful enough for this game in VR. I was considering getting it and playing on my 4K flat screen. I do have VorpX, so I might play it in VR, once I get a 3080Ti.

3 Likes

I think I’ve found the sweetspot between performance and image quality for my 3090. I feel very much immersed in the world and it’s very cool looking around the city. But it won’t be as sharp as on a monitor. Ray tracing and DLSS really improves picture and performance.

When I increase FOV to 120 or 125
https://community.openmr.ai/t/psa-you-can-increase-the-fov-of-cyberpunk-2077-above-100-degrees-for-vorpx/33819

I get a better world scale when I zoom in more. I play on Normal FOV mode and it’s nice having that big of an FOV in this game. The bigger you set in-game FOV though, the lower image quality and some artifacts start appearing so it’s a balancing act. Reverb G2 actually looks really good at 120 fov and zoomed in, so I think Pimax on small mode would look just as good.

4 Likes

I’ve gotta say though that playing this game on a flat monitor with all graphics settings maxed out, ie Ray tracing: Pyscho, DLSS: Quality, Screen Space Reflection: Pyscho, makes this game look absolutely mind blowing on my 3090. I get almost as immersed in the game as I would in VR.

I think in the future DLSS is going to be the key to smooth and sharp VR experiences.

1 Like

What do you prefer VR or flat in cyberpunk ?
Make a Video how to get the best results with vorpx in cyberpunk with your setup. I also got a 3090 …acer x27 Predator hdr 1000 Monitor , valve Index / pimax xr .

2 Likes

For me it’s amazing in VR (even occasionally mind blowing) but has enough issues to want to play for now only on my 4k monitor. I think in a week or two enough data will come to light to allow some very compelling VR configs + bug fixes of course from CDPR.

Game itself is great btw.

8 Likes

Maybe I’m doing something wrong. It doesn’t really look 3D in Vorpx - just weirdly skewed when I turn my head. It’s set for Z3D not cinema.

It makes me dizzy after a while.

3 Likes

I have it looking pretty good but yeah is there anyway to improve the geometric distortion when I turn my head. @NextGenVR

2 Likes

I’ll be honest with you guys, experiencing the world in VR is pretty cool but I find myself going back to playing it flat on my monitor. It just will never be as good as native VR and even when you get a smooth fps, I feel some stutters while turning my head likely caused by the nvidia drivers, ie random Purple spikes in frametime.

Also it just looks so good on my curved monitor with all graphics maxed out.

2 Likes

Native VR isn’t supported yet in Cyberpunk 2077, so how do you compare your monitor experience to that ? :thinking::wink:
Not bashing you here, just confused about what you are comparing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll put it this way. Playing Cyberpunk 2077 in VR through VorpX is a novelty but not comfortable enough for me to enjoy or play for too long. Plus I have to lower graphical settings. While that still makes the game look really good, it looks mind blowingly realistic when playing it on my monitor with Ray tracing maxed out and everything else maxed. Seeing every tiny detail from puddles to the details of people’s faces makes me feel very immersed. Tonight, I played through part of the game’s story on my monitor, and I was totally transported to that world for 1.5 hours straight. When I stopped, it was like I teleported back to my home. So it’s impressive how first person mode and super high graphical fidelity can induce this kind of immersion. Haven’t really felt that with any other flat game on a monitor.

I’m saying this game’s beauty is best experienced on a monitor rather than in VR through VorpX.

Native VR games like Half Life Alyx feel much better to be in than in VorpX. Maybe I’ll revisit VorpX VR sometime if I can get the experience to feel more comfortable and also for my gun not to look massive when I draw it. Sometimes it feels like I’m standing really close to a massive Imax 3D movie screen, especially in vehicles.

2 Likes

Hmm, make sure you get the right balance of zoom and in-game fov to minimize geometric distortions.

1 Like

Does the config file also allow you to set an arbitrary resolution? -A different aspect ratio should allow you some room to optimise filling the frame (EDIT: …with somewhat balanced work load).

1 Like

I just think it’s great that people immediately started trying to play this in VR to any degree possible with VorpX.

Really shows how much games like this need to be VR.

4 Likes

he means playing in 3D

1 Like

if you tell me you currently have a 2080Ti and a 9900K i will slap you … haha

2 Likes

strange, I A/B-ed 16:9 and 21:9, at least on my umtrawide it’s not zooming in. seems to support other aspect ratios, here other FOV in 2D.

1 Like