Cyberpunk 2077 is a really good game! (Also supports VorpX)

I found gta IV to be far more impressive personally, they really dumbed down euphoria engine for gtaV. Particularly car damage - i know it’s for the gameplay being so arcade-y, but I loved gta IV physics and animation, truly next gen for the time.

undeniably as a ‘city sim’, the level of physics and interaction is no question better in GTA games. Playing cyberpunk mission by mission including side quests yields a far more enjoyable experience. Going on a rampage is no fun with teleporting cops lol. Tons of bugs honestly, it needs a lot of work. Some I dont have a lot of faith in fixing (AI, police system) but games have come from worse to greatness so I’ll hold out some hope.

2 Likes

Just waiting on good mods for gameplay/ graphics to come out then I will do a playthrough… Shame they didn’t launch with VR, it would have been so immersive and fitting in a world of cybernetics and future tech

1 Like

Here’s hoping for a Cyberpunk R.E.A.L mod

1 Like

Do we have any idea how they managed this? Just having crunched enough diverse data to produce a general rule set that covers most cases, perhaps? …or scaling back to something that is more of a smarter TAA? :7

One thing one might wonder, if DLSS2.0 is essentially a post effect, that does not really demand anything of the game, is whether Piserver could take it upon itself to call for it to be applied to the frames it receives from any game, which under those imagined conditions sounds like a much less complicated and invasive proposition than what it already does with VRS; Although if that was a plausibility, then one might wonder why such is not already a driver-level option in NVidia settings (…or maybe it is?)… :7

One little niggle I can’t quite get out of my head, for when one do not have game/location/situation specific training, is that of games not only rendering at lower resolutions, but their consequent choosing lower LODs and mipmaps – how does the general DLSS profile deal with that?

I believe in the video there is an example where a moving car leaves a temporal “residue” in the image. This would suggest they use some kind of a temporal algorithm, possibly “neural network assisted” :slight_smile:.

Found this somewhere (NVIDIA Unveils Adaptive Temporal Anti-Aliasing with Ray-Tracing | TechPowerUp), could be a precursor/side-effect.

I‘m almost through with the game.
Trying to complete the side missions before the final mission.
It‘a really awesome but it did not top GTAV which remains a masterpiece of its kind.
It’s my favourite genre among godfather, mafia, yakuza, sleeping dogs (great 2), scarface (this one s…ked)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.