Crystal beta testing - how does it work?

Hello. I’ve seen the announcement of user improvement plan which is beta testing for 15 chosen people. I was wondering how does it work. I suppose people will be applying from all around the world. Are there some testing facilities that will host beta testing and if you’re nearby you will be chosen? What is the format of the beta testing? How much time do people have to test?

They will let buyers beta test things, from home I would guess. So you get FW and new Clients to test and features to try out and help improve. Maybe Hardware to test earlier.

So it’s only for people who own a pimax headset or pre-ordered one?

primarily for people who are familiar with the topic of VR hardware and software. especially with Pimax specific software stuff.

1 Like

guess so, since you will need it for testing and they asking your preorder number.

1 Like

im getting kind of mixed responses here. So it’s buyers only?

1 Like

Since there is only talk of free LH plate and other extras, the idea is obvious.
On the other hand, the question was asked whether we intend to buy a Pimax device.

Confusing :joy:

1 Like

Yes. That’s a little bit confusing. I guess with no pre-order I’m not a target group of that announcement

This is not beta-testing software that you can download and start testing for free.
This is to test an expensive headset which cost over $1500. Of course it will be much better if the testers themselves intended to buy them in the first place.
I think Pimax is being careful and smart: they know there will be potential problems with a headset that’s pushing the boundary, so have a few beta testers, or beta buyers, to test the device and iron out problems, is much better than selling thousands of headsets then find them stuck with some huge deal-breaking defects.

1 Like

The impression given, though, is that this beta program will run alongside thousands of headsets shipping to end customers – not ironing things out first at all.

If this turns out to be the case, and I hope not, I certainly hope there will not be any hardware issues cropping up, which can not be satisfactorily worked around in software. Thousands of recalls, or reneged, couldn’t-get-them-to-work features, would be unfortunate.

1 Like

They said they anounce who is selected for the beta testing today,so lets hope they do… :wink: @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

1 Like

Probably not public, just private.

Hello,

The 15 participants will be announced in the post by today.

3 Likes

Hello,

We will ship the unit to your place if you’re in.

There will be a list of assessments, guidelines, and so on.

A month.

Hardware, software and others.

3 Likes

Ok, boys/girls. Now you have the duty to do aaaallll the hard questions and test carefully aaallll the gadgets on Crystal.
‘In you we trust’

1 Like

So, normal units release will be after finish this test month?

It seems like that would be the case. I really had hoped to see some feedback from people who’re going to get their units at the end of January but I can’t imagine any units actually shipping without beta tests being done. I won’t be buying without seeing reviews first. That’s a bummer.

1 Like

Well. I’ll be very surprised if all the bugs found in testing can be found, reported, fixed and verified before the headsets go out.

Barring no ‘hardware’ issues, and assuming all bugs can be resolved with software, then we’ll see the headsets sooner.
They may even (likely) send out ‘normal units’ during a tail-end of the beta phase and there may be several software/firmware updates that even we would also need to perform.

Perhaps I wasn’t chosen due to having a 6900XT GPU.

Yep i’m agree

Congrats to all those selected. Look forward to your assessments :smiley:.

2 Likes