Compiled specs sheet ["8K" V2 vs "8K" V3 vs "Vive" vs "8K" X CV vs "8K" CV] *UNOFFICIAL*

Ok, then just pre-selected. Because proven to be pro-Products, as suggested by Alias. Sorry for mistake that they paid you… Just probably ask, is 4K great for you, you said yea, 4K next gen comparing to Rift. So they give you access to prototype that planed for original 8K product, later when saw how much it cost, is put as 8K X, put ridiculous Min GPU req. and claim Volta needed, just to delay, cause cost too much with current tech. Also why limit to ~400 units. Go figure…

They only made & offered the 8k-X due to the community here before kickstarter launched & is why limited to 400 units as it is clearly an early prototype to get native 4k per eye. Try to keep up.

PiMax has made considerations many times to allow backers & media to get a showing outside of near by conventions.

@Heliosurge
Marketing excuse, as is using 1.4b excuse in P4K, or call scaler DSC encoder/decoder.
Or use 1.4b also, to mask that in V2 can use HDMI 2.0 with probably 5+m no probs. To hide real MTP problems, as shown in independent specs* sheet, and video demo/review from pro-consumers Channel.

Pre-selected or sponsored, by need to grow channel, give hype train steam…
They did same with 4K, sell how much in how much time? Expect same or worse with 8K EBE.
Also not given any tech details, LOL, run KS with no tech details about BW, real refresh rate/eye number said no one knows what means, aka BS marketing only.
Here is detail Pimax give to reviewers:

She was SW background, “has no idea”, or has no idea about specs in prototype, sure, if hidden…
Hide specs get funding, strange a?

I just want to add that as an independent reviewer of the V2 unit, with under 1000 subscribers, I was not paid by Pimax to express my opinion. Also, we signed up to do the demos and were not invited. I also know SweViver spent his own money to visit Amsterdam to try out the headset as did Sebastian from Mixed Reality TV. You have a pretty warped grasp of what actually occurred.

4 Likes

Independent review, after KS was closed, strange?

Linus just said in the video you could kickstart it still meaning the video just got lost in the editing que. and thereby dealying it.

Check brand quality, they can’t be sold in US(from US shipping/retail) by P-IMAX brand, get sued if do that. SweViver same logic when making name. No Pimax biased, lol…
Aukey more creative, I must admit. But still use 4K in too creative way… Don’t agree with me, I am aukey with that :smiley: . Not debunked, OK.

This guy is literally unravelling it may be better to just let him rant into the void about paid pimax agents until he loses interest and investigates the moon landings. Like at this point we are basically feeding his fantasy by continuing to give attention.

3 Likes

You self negate your post. I write what I want when I want. As Did Pimax on their “Tech Specs”.
You can read and trust, or ignore, no need to point out obvious pro-company work shown by you…
If you don’t understand what is Specs sheet for Hardware in 2017, OK(Aukey). Can’t share details of prototype, that is known to change so no risk in sharing. Only if risk is to be debunked, get 0$ funding if do share real MTP how it works for 10+m demo with long cable/real 6DOF game, Space Pirate Trainer or such. Use PSVR style games to demo 6DOF product for 5 min/session. Good job!

1 Like

Guess Newegg.com is not in the US or Amazon.com. move on you have been “debunked”.

1 Like

@SpecsReader you know, the more you keep trolling the more hyped I get about getting my hands on my two Pimax 8K :slight_smile:

Whatever cables the 8K might use once released, dual HDMI, DP or even tripple VGA, as long as it works as good as the v2 prototype I tried, Im more than happy.

Its a shame you never got the chance to try the 8K at those exhibitions. That would have saved u so much time…and anger.

4 Likes

Need for re-branding then, bad rep? Need to remove 4K from BE HMD(business edition, not backers edition) name? Keep your marketing specs sheet to yourself please. This is my topic, no new data to share. Don’t post. I put marketing where it was due to be put in my specs* sheet.
Also Amazon 3rd party seller can be company from China, not sold 1st party(Amazon only like Alibaba or Newegg connect seller and buyer, don’t risk it’s brand on Pisomething.), Debunked!.

Keep demonstrating your stupidity. Aukey is an authorize by pimax. Newegg is an online retail store that supports the products sold. Amazon like gear best has warehouses in many countries like the US.

Btw - why don’t you go after Oculus for the failed promise of launching rhe rift for $300 & not the $700+ launch price. Or tge fact they chose displays with 1080 so the consumer might presume that its 1080/eye. But hey i can understand you don’t like to work without speculative facts.

1 Like

I believe in SpecsReader data, and i expect that PiMax will fail at some point. I respect what are they doing as a company and as direction of their thinking. But i have not much choice, driven by VR passion accepting 8K ‘marketing’ HMD as best solution in that particular time of my life. If time prove me wrong i’ll be very surprised, otherwise i’ll be just ok and will jump to cheap mobile hmd tech. Seriously start bringing technical from PiMax to communicate before judging on your own. This thread is normal reaction to lack of visible progress.

The real priblem with specsreader data is its based on pure speculation. The only real data we have is the bridge chip being used in the 5k/8k of which he seems to think the 8k is the 8k-X. He has demonstrated quite efficiently that he has no clue on brainwarp as he has & continues to think the panels are using it to convert 60hz to 90hz.

To put it simply he is making up data to support a hypothesize by substituting hardware bits for the info he wants to market as facts. When called on it he starts a rant accussing everyone of receiving cheques by PiMax; it is likely he is a relative of the Oculus fanboy.

It is likely why you don’t see Lonetech, Brian or anyone technical supporting his unfounded imaginative logics.

& specs isn’t even a backer or i suspect tried any pimax product.

1 Like

Rift market share vs Vive vs Pimax 4k. Same or worse with 8K product they market(demo) as 8k X specs, don’t want to disclose them, because its derived from demo data. Also manipulative in natire(3DOF friendly games, cables on motion controllers to hide real MTP). MTP of HMD is marketed, not MTP total, as formula Pimax put on bottom of kickstarter page that is 20 scrolls long. Transparency at its best. Only have prototype V1(no public demo) of marketed product, and expect not to be shown to public this fact. Ok… I am done, deliver of fail, I know you don’t care about brand, since have backups anyway. Just change name, same staff for new company, if fail to deliver real 90Hz as Rift, Real -
close to MTP as Vive/Rift on 6DOF HMD. You had to start funding with V3 demoed, didn’t want to show that there are hurdles not possible to bypass at marketed price. So will deliver OC DK1, at price +200$ + delay 4+months… I consider “8K X” as DK1 of 200FOV, mid gen(1.5) VR HMD representative. OC got bought for 2B$ after that campaign, and you market 4.2M$ as most successful VR campaign ever. Yes if you read $ number, not in number of backers, state of VR industry(none). Maybe Pimax expect to be sold like to like Acer, as they bought Starbreeze StarVR. P-IMAX brand if don’t deliver what is demoed, native vertical res, 90Hz native MTP, will be sold for peanuts. 4.2M$ will be all money you saw, and Chinese Govt. money, for food(peanuts momney) expenses of VR companies. They need R&D that cost millions, not just slap other companies product on top of each other, 1DP splitter, 2xHDMI cables, 2x anx7678 + 2x anx7530 + 2x Driver IC, + 2X 4x1K panels, and expect to market this as Prototype V1 of product that will cost 500$ to make… When real cost(HW) is probably double that. So put option as X, claim native 8K input, Volta, Brainwarp, wait for nVidia to make SW DSC, Valve to help… What will Pimax do, survive… Expect to get bought, based on hype. Guess what Acer StarVR will have 210FOV, you will be not first to market… Real value of KS will be nothing, if you don’t deliver and in time. No pressure. Fake marketing ok for KS, used on real product (4K), on real HW, no specs, not even marketing(prototypes specs). Hide hide, more hide… NDA excuse, DP 1.4 Excuse, HDMI 1.4b Excuse, Volta excuse, 2x1080ti excuse. I am done. This topic to motivate Pimax to improve/change, to consider that backers are not buyers, they are founders. If Pimax fail as brand, they backed failed idea. Sub-pair product can make sense, to developers, like Oculus DK1-DK2, not marketed as same as CV. What Pimax also did. All marketing can be false… If some marketing is false… Logic, don’t like it. Turn off brain(warp), and don’t read(comment) in this topic. I will compile new sheet when get better data, or see Demo of V4.

@Lonetech, @Brian right?

@brian91292 beleive that’s the one. Lonetech has been invited to specs outlandish conspiracies .

And if you look at specs’ latest post he now says he gets data from reviews without benchmarks. :joy:

Wow, can’t believe you’ve spent this much time and energy writing all of this theory stuff. What’s the point? The Pimax 8K will be what it will be and we will all know what that is when it comes out. It is pointless to write these walls of text (which I quite frankly didn’t bother to read by the way) because it just doesn’t matter. Those of us who backed the kickstarter can’t get our money back either way so whatever is shipped to us is what we will get. After shipping will be when we can judge the quality of the product. All of this theorizing on the specs before then is really quite pointless.

1 Like

You are right, it is not point just to tell backers “you probably made mistake”, or “you were mislead”, since nothing they can change now. But some still write stuff like on comment for Win MR HMDs etc. I will wait for Pimax, true next gen, or “I bought Pimax 8K”, them can’t understand my point here, that Pimax is notorious for false marketing, warping specs, faking input res, don’t share any details on actual HW solutions. Prototype is a solution, not assumption about solution. I must make assumption, I couldn’t before V3 was shown to have limits I expected to have with marketed “8K specs”.

Just lower hype a bit, expect DK1 product from KS, less money for R&D than OC had. Can’t solve hurdles without help from 1B+$ titans… And they just get money to survive, probably invest in R&D of Pimax 5K, that they can market as 4K hmd, since it will be close to 4K 2x1440p = ~4K res/input/out per eye. When count pixels, which I did, to debunk Pimax strategy. From day 1 of KS. Now I rest. My job done. Now wait, for gen 2 , anyway :slight_smile: No rush for me… Most gen 1 probs solved, that will be gen 2 for me. 1 Prob solved 2 problems made with P8K V3 CV, no thanks.(get FOV, lose pixel/degree, need more GPU power, can’t run native res, nor refresh rate, async/eye BS marketing).

@SpecsReader

Respect your input and I dont think any one on here actually believes the marketing nonsense. Were all here because Pimax is the one company openly pushing the boundrys of this tech. The reviews in are very good and not just from fanboys

I just think your being a little too anal about it :wink:

6 Likes