Compiled specs sheet ["8K" V2 vs "8K" V3 vs "Vive" vs "8K" X CV vs "8K" CV] *UNOFFICIAL*

This sentence is where you go off the rails.
Your entire technical essay is in the end built on the assumption that you know exactly how brainwarp works. You dont.
This is all we know about how brainwarp works.
https://imgur.com/a/Vtbgx

That’s it.

The reason i dont trust you at this point, is you are evidently prone to conspiracy and bias.

You cant even accept the idea that anyone not convinced by your speculation is not ‘pro pimax’ or ’ sponsored by pimax’.
When you talk like this, you undermine the credibility of everything that you say.

I dont care how the pimax works as long as it works.
I dont care if pimax as a company falls into the sea as long as i get a working headset.

If the foundation of your argument was not based on a massive assumption i would take it seriously.
Because it is based on a bunch of initial assumptions i cant take it seriously.

Do you understand.

You can build a castle of an argument, but if its built on sand then i’m not going to purchase it from you.
When pimax or a tear down of a prototype confirms that brainwarp works how you say it works, i will take you seriously.

Until then i have no reason to.

Edit. Like i dont want to cause further offence. I am sure you are a super smart guy, and what you are giving is an educated guess. But it is still a guess. Fundamentally, you are guessing and i cannot base how i react on your guess.

1 Like

Very interesting results from provided scheme how B/W works I have
http://community.openmr.ai/t//4636/20
That’s it.

@destraudo
They put Brainwarp as SW solution, then use on HW specs sheet. Not sure you qualify to comment my post, but ok, I expect this. It is Pimax forum after all. I will migrate findings when compile 100% now at ~95%, what is difference from 8K CV(envisioned) to 8K X, from V1 to V3 transition data. Don’t like data I compile, fine, say that, I say unofficial. Trust HW specs with SW data, or my specs* …

Enough energy wasted, from now on I will migrate(findings) to reddit posts, if continued to be attacked by lay people using tech terms. Reason can be only because it is async as was 90 async on 4K, only logical solution. Now they call that BW or BS as I read(from 4K reviews).
It will be different than “async 90 BW”, HW BW when they have ASW working(then will be 150-180 percepted, not hw spec, that is if algo predicts movement perfectly). Not easy to make that algorithm good for MTP reduction(percepted), check Oculus manpower vs Pimax.
Brainwarp for 8K(X) is envisioned as HW+SW solution, and when SW predicts head movement perfectly you get 1/2 perceived MTP(Rift ASW 45-90 as example). No prediction is 100% correct, so you can’t put 15MTP in HW specs, when it is 15-30, you put only value you like to market. No prob. I know false marketing not problem for Pimax, True specs* compiled from that attempt to show only good specs, attacked by non tech people. Good strategy xD

from now on I will migrate(findings) to reddit posts

Good luck @SpecsReader

@jorgenRe
I will present them to Pimax, and wait for their response(tech team, not marketing team) at least to my unofficial specs*. No response I interpret as confirmation. @bacon is Product manager, he can say my findings are wild guesses, not actual reverse engineering. But will he give actual data, no, so it should be with unofficial star *, because maybe company has bad practice to not give specs in whole form, even on prototypes that are prone to change in iterations. That is why I do this, hard to understand to someone who think “tech works like magic, I don’t care as long as It works”… So ignore my posts, on my topic lol, hard a? :smiley:

I also have findings about interlacing issues with V3, from what I read, anx7530 doesn’t support such mode of operation. So with 1 x anx7530 you get same effective ref. rate was with 4k bridge chip(or use shutters in 2018 tech). Cause it is same Driver IC. Check this footage: Pimax 8K through the lens - 360 video - YouTube
Human can’t see strobing effect of back-light because of physiology limitations, but camera can.
I guess this was filmed on V1 or V2 with 2x anx7530. “Strobing” of b-light or black flicker for non VR tech enthusiasts. What you see is transition between 4x1K panels(slices) on 4x1K panel. Also notice movement artifacts(on V3), this looks to me like async from input, as I think is only way to go above real 60Hz(sync with input Hz) implemented on 4K. [V3 demo] (Dead Effect 2 in Pimax 8K with GTX1070 - YouTube) .
They refuse to show lens footage, focus on monitor most of the time, why? It is async per eye, camera see only 1 eye, async horrible footage shown(MTP > 30ms for sure). I wouldn’t back something if perform half as bad in CV.
Now you know why they put /eye in specs(as refresh rate), where is place for tech terms, eye is human part, not HW xD Ok yes HW, but biological, organic, but OLED is organic, damn, I am confused :confused:
I don’t think if people knew that this is not camera limit, they on purpose don’t put 60FPS version, we would get even more flicker effect on footage. Still, to tech eye, can’t hide it :slight_smile: .
Now you know how much is panel actually improved, comparing to 4K panel, you cant expect leap from 60sync to 90sync on panel made for mobile. They just started with 120Hz mobile phones.
https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/258283-razer-announces-gaming-phone-120hz-display . This can be used in 5K for sync >60 FPS/Hz input. since it is 1440p per eye. But 1x anx7530 is not up to snuff without DSC compression on Input signal. At least for 90Hz sync/eye/input.

EDIT: To be fair to Pimax, I think strobing is used also on Vive, to reduce MTP comparing to Rift, from what I read here. And they use OLED, that I mentioned more as a joke :slight_smile: .
https://twitter.com/left_big_toe/status/788707644357931009
Check it out, much higher Hz than used on Pimax V1-V2 Vive through lens (notice flicker, but on 60fps video.

Edit no2: I also just decoded why even put numbers like 2x2560x1440 as input res for 8K, idea was first to use DSC with pixel interlacing for sync effect(market as 4K upscale to 8K), almost real deal :slight_smile: . They changed specs mid Kickstarter… LOL. So some people read 4K upscale to 8K, and assume no reduction in vertical res(as done with PS4 Pro CKRB rendering ), then read nope, same as with 5K CV, we are just messing with your brain (brain-warp)… And what is even better, that is not real res/eye, DSC must be used anyway, DSC encoder on anx7530 used for half-effective DSC encoding, since it gets half data comparing to GPU encoding… Should I continue. No. We should trust Pimax to deliver, even if change specs marketed mid KS. Delay I say. :smiley:
Edit: No3: Actually they can start shipping “5K” as promised date(Q1 2018) since probably 80Hz sync is fine, if use good ASW algorithm. Also to note, Valve provides I think SW/HW help to 3rd party to make VR HMDs with LCD. So with Valve manpower, ASW can work and make 80Hz, with Brainwarp outperform Rift/Vive MTP(perceived) most of the time(or at least match for some time). Valve helped HTC also, so kudos to them. Nvidia+Valve+Pimax can deliver on promise, but when, hm… Pimax needs ASW from Valve(marketed as SW BW by Pimax, only HW BW is on 4K 90async), and SW DSC encoding on DP 1.2 from nVidia. ETA, NDA.

LOOOOOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - Seriously?
You take the marketing term 8K for a start to go into wild assumptions about what the specs should finally be and dive into in depth comparison of all bits and pieces that don’t fit your expectations?
How can you even believe your data would be right for all the competing products. At least testers said it’s way better than what we have seen today, that’s all that really counts. Hope they haven’t been bribed, better find my tin foil hat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The money is gone for all backers, why not simply wait for the final product and than make a judgement.
It’s supposedly only a few months or weeks away and it’s also busy weeks ahead for “normal” people/backers. Get ready for Christmas :evergreen_tree:, the new Pimax is out of question there anyways…:santa:

Looks your endless and ever recurring postings on the matter are some kind of therapy… maybe i should ignore… all the best…:thermometer_face:… and get a life…

1 Like

8K X real deal, 8K cash grab before NDA expires so other companies can share details about next versions of VR HMDs. Real solution for 4k/eye not this mambo jambo crap marketing.
Mark my words, They will be right for at least Q1-Q2 2018. Pimax had orignal idea for 8K to be 8K X, see how much they need to wait for parts to be ready, and add at least 2-3months, that is real date when you can taste “mid gen update” if own HMD gen 1.
They will give Pimax 5K at promised date, with promised specs, 1440p/eye input / display. For 4k/eye they market as “8K” on Website/KS, you will wait at least for 6 more months, cash gone now. Happy people, check ETA for rewards. That is when we can see from other manufacturers “next version” of mainstream VR… Pimax I salute you. Good job, survived this time 6 months, until can lanch 5K as replacement for 4K HMD. People gave money to keep Pimax above water.
Pimax “4k/900p/eye input res” is dead after Rift got price cut to 400$(with controllers, 6DOF etc), and Vive got to 600$ whole package. Hard facts. I may consider their 5K product, if is real res and real ref. rate, and price ~win mr. It will have inside out tracking module, they market for “8K”, first was not modular design, but to hide real products are 5K and 8K X, good ideas at least for a product… 5K with 6dof, is good vs Win MR. “8K”, backer edition, with upscaling mambo jambo and per eye refresh rate brain-warping specs. Guess again. Mark my words. Quote me Q2 2018 xD
If PS4 pro is 4K gaming so is Pimax 8K, 4k/eye VR. They use same marketing strategy, just hurry sharing prototypes before we have info for next/mid gen VR from respectable companies to get funding… Who would fund company with 4K product they launched, business people, none, Chinese gov. maybe for food of workers. To support “VR” as part of big plan for China BDP. Someone with business sense, or tech skills or both, no way. They fool backers to be replacement for funding on stock market/startup funds etc…
They hurry so much, to forget to write this is 8 K X V1 Prototype, V2 is same but with upscaling, show 8K X get funding for giving 8K. I now see why throw bots at me. Truth hurts, does it? I was late to discover this forum, could stop them before 1M mark, 200K for 5K product and 8K X was good, to pay for bills until get funding for 5K from real fund, not government(also form of crowdfunding, from all Chinese tax payers) + from Backers. Why? Who would invest in P-IMAX, with 4K read 1080p wide, HMD 3DOF,60Hz,LCD,shutters that is more expensive than 6DOF, OLED, real IPD, 90Hz, ASW(not brain warp), real 6DOF tracking, controllers + awesome SW content. You triggered me :smiley: Not sharing that not only 80 is not 90 as marketed, but also async/eye, on KS update(real info about real prototype of 8K). Like they should, why? Funding problems, aka cash grab needed.

Independent reviews of prototypes:
VRCommando, Paid for 4K review.
SweViver, probably paid + shown 8K X as 8K.
Vr youtubers with <1000 subs, I don’t consider independent reviews.
Also like this is independent review of 4K:

Pimax would be long dead, if not release “4K BE” with OLED screen(shutters+LCD is bonkers vs OLED), so get at least some money, CEO was very skinny, hard times(on Tested, where they can’t pay translator… Or want to hide that what he says is not real thing, they call it lang probs, it was idea probs…).
Pimax real specs HMD, not BS marketing,also notice *
*150, aka just for laughs. When we have ASW it may work up to 150Hz for “perceived MTP” reduction. Comparing to real 80(what they can deliver in Q1 2018 on 5K). Same Driver IC used on 5K product x 2.

Independent review, after KS was closed, strange? Also V2 given, 8K X in disguise:

Edit: Also why limit “X” to 400 units, because it will be delayed to death, until all SW+HW limitations I point out are not viable for price near 1000$ they ask for it. If give all components as in V1, real price is at least 160$ more. So they sell at loss, they calculate for that, so give 50x160 $ lost option, if reach 200K anyway First “early backer” unit. 200K -8K still doing good. Can fund 5K CV. Acer StarVR ripoff. That is real -“8K” $ I think in this campaign, 8K would be $ lost if give 8K V1 X P as 8K X EBE. Early Backers Edition(Q2 2018). Now I can speculate what 8K means in, that I market as "SpecsReader debunks 8K Pimax KS campaign " .Which 8K is fake, wait for backers to get their 8K(X) and compare :smiley: X is like for math. X=P_V1 BE !X =P_V3_BE. Good to know, now X is Debunked also…
My Campaign vs theirs, mine logic+HW/SW background +Hobby interest in VR tech funded. Theirs, Chinese people + people who work, can’t read all details on this forum but have money and want to get first taste for next version of VR.Linus, and any tech guy with real knowledge who understand limits to 4K/eye VR in 2017 probably good part of 2018 also would not bet on this 8K thing. Data was buried on forum, so deep, only man who likes to dig deep, can connect all the dots. Aka SpecsReader himself.

You are quite mad, you realise this don’t you.

6 Likes

you back the pimax 8k?

Amazing when did you get a headset to reverse engineer?

2 Likes

LOL Im sorry but I cant stop laughing at these propaganda posts. I really feel sorry for you @SpecsReader, I guess you were too late to the Kickstarter party and obviously need to express your anger now.

And please dont involve me in your drama alert. Im getting paid? Seriously? :joy:

7 Likes

This is the part where he feels humiliated for his tech expertise not recognized and appreciated. And turns into a super villain.

2 Likes

Joined when, Pimax 4K fan, really with that marketing vs real specs(DSC encoder as fake scaler, fake DSC fake 4k, fake scaler, fake MTP…) And you are real deal, SweViver, like pro Vive, actually sponsored by Pimax, as VRCommando… Or pre-selected, because biased. If not Sponsored with $, they had lack off. You want to push channel forward, they give you access to HMD for more time… Win-Win backers lose actual reliable source…
For someone who uses product name in his alias, I don’t find you independent from companies. Sorry. Maybe you were just tricked by not having specs that that was actually 8K X, but using HDMI 1.4 cable as excuse to not allow real 6DOF movement with 30ms+MTP. That chip accept HDMI 2.0, in V2 at least. I read the specs, as my name says. Not sponsored. And you have fast response time, to not be pro-Pimax minded at start.

@SpecsReader Sure I work for Russian secret service, cooperating with China, making millions by promoting Asian hardware to eliminate the US Government :grin:

Oh, and earth is flat. Thats already confirmed, you were right man! Keep on diggin’ :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

You are really something else. SweViver; if you look at his chosen name. If anything it was inspired by the HTC Vive(my guess). VrKommando did not give the 4k a favourable review during its early days when launched.

Perhaps it might be time to ask the community to vote on your presence here.

@Sjef can you maybe setup a voting post like you did on 1.1.92 vs 1.2x?

3 Likes

Honest to god this shit is gold. I had concerns that he was a bit dodgy because of his assumptions but he has ended up going full fucking X files and it is incredible.

2 Likes

Yes, you have contacts in China, you get first TP Cast, because biased reviews. No further comment, same as I debunk 2567 number on input res, I debunk Swe-Vive-er, read as I think that if tech works, I should create hype to gain subs on YT. Independent only source of how 8K may perform, is Linus demo, real 6DOF test, he said MTP problems, got sick after 5min. Average Demo time with short cable? Guess. Short HDMI 1.4b cable on V2 is just not to give more than 3.5m possible with HDMI 2.0 to demo 6DOF on 30ms MTP HMD… For 2-3, wow great, for 5-10 oh man I got sick… I should back off, not back this HMD…

Only independent 6DOF testing late for V3 that is close to 8K EBE, is late for release. Strange or not?

BTW any tech background in HW/SW to get credibility to review VR HMDs? Or only Vive owner gives you title to claim to be good source of data for backers?

@SpecsReader Is 3 year computer science bachelor degree at Royal Institute of Technology enough for you?

Haha keep on man, this is hilarious. Im grabbing some popcorn now!

5 Likes

Especially using Linus as his backup. Linus has proven he reviews tech to make money & is why some of his reviews falls flat (ie glaring mistakes like working ipd on v2)

1 Like