Comfort kit 5k+ distortions

I was in Assetto Corsa the other day and everything was totally normal

5 Likes

I’m even more concerned about the CK.

However, in the interest of being able to use your headset, I strongly suggest adding a counterweight. Mine is 11.1 oz / 312 g (about 1/2 the weight of the headset itself). My headset doesn’t slip forward and more importantly, no longer presses painfully down on my nose.

2 Likes

I scanned the comfort kit with an iPhone app called Capture and I created my comfort kit extra distance version for European faces / people with IPD over 65 hehe.

Here is my mod:

2 Likes

I have to say that CK with mod… is the best experience overall I have in my life, even better than odyssey, halo system, index, etc… CK+DAS+mod = absolutely 0 distortions, 0 glare 0, good fov at normal, 0 pain in my face and I can use my real IPD (69) without eyestrain.

With normal foam I have to use 66 for the IPD. But it isn’t my real IPD.

2 Likes

That looks thicker.

I need a thinner one.

I have a giant brain and it needs the giant bearded German head to rest in. My 20/20 eyes rest deep in the skull. But they can’t find their prey if the refractions get too strong. I tried the old solution (beer) but it didn’t help either.

P.S. How do you weave/print that into a comfort kit foam? Do you recommend a certain material?

5 Likes

The best option is to have 3 foams. Thinner, normal and very very thick. Because if I add 1,5cm of rigid material… it need in my case (and my local friends who has the same sight like me) almost 2,5cm added to the normal CK.

3 Likes

You have a small head then. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Please create a topic in #ACCESSORIES:Mods3dprinters with your 3d printable mods. Use topics there as a guide.

Ie Yen’s Pimax Hmd Mods

https://community.openmr.ai/t/grodenvr-pimax-hmd-printables/27161?u=heliosurge

Here is a topic Sample.

(3dscan was referring to was complete comfort gasket to modify and print in tpu?)

2 Likes

This is probably the issue we face here. Pimax should offer a shorter face gasket for the western countries.

3 Likes

Or a foam. Anything I can exchange - because I cannot use mine.

It’s embarassing that we’re guinea pigs again. I bet I will have to pay even more for a solution. :frowning_face:

Hahaha I don’t know, but I have ipd 69. I think it’s difficult to have big ipd with small heads. Even if you are a teenage ninja turtle haha

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not have a Comfort Kit yet, but I was wondering if glasses have any relevance to this discussion?
My situation is that I do wear glasses and I require a thick padding (Odyssey, I can’t remember if it is 16mm or 18mm but it was the thickest available at the time), I can’t use the original. My ipd is minimum (60) and I have a sharp, ‘European’ face.
If I’m understanding the posts correctly, that seems the opposite of the majority of ‘European’ face comments.
For whatever it’s worth…
Edit: anyone any good at spreadsheets care to put something together so that we can start collecting some data?

1 Like

I think I must be a freak, I need thin foam at the top and a lot more foam at the bottom on My cheeks or the HMD drops down at about a 5-10 degree angle and digs into the top of My nose.

3 Likes

To me, it sounds like what you really need is a counterweight. It solved my painful pressure-on-the-nose issue.

5 Likes

It worked for me too.

4 Likes

Yep me too. The headsets are front heavy, which is painful on the nose without a counterweight to rebalance it.

Once again, bring on the MAS which is going to be a far better solution for this than my cheap DIY fix :pray:

5 Likes

Just as easy, less weight :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve got extra padding too, but doesn’t help. The headset just wants to push down at the front all the time without a balancing weight at the back

Combine that with the useless strap and it’s a non-starter without DIY

1 Like

That`s what the top strap is for :wink:
Fit the side strap as low as you can get it at the back of your head and make it tight.
Then adjust top strap.

3 Likes

Which can’t be tightened enough :wink:

I guess it’s just an issue for

:smile:

2 Likes